No Binding everywhere!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chatele, Sep 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Still can!
    They've said "multiple bind points" but not given details on how its going to work.
    I'm really hoping for something scribey-runey-crafty.

FrostII, Nib, Micmatty and 1 other person like this.
  2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Careful, man. I haven't been moderated many times, but most were from snarky comments about immersion-breaking items in the game...

licemeat and Witcheypoo like this.
  3. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

I may be wrong, but I wouldn't bet on anything more then a teleport-like dialogue with the recall options. It's the least imaginative answer, which is also how I would describe most of the changes in the last two releases.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

Cordelayne, kaeshiva and Nib like this.
  4. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

This wan't a snarky comment aimed at port, it was more a poke at the community using the phrase "breaking my immersion" for anything they don't like.
    I've noticed these phrases get thrown around on the forum and people latch onto them. Risk vs Reward was one that stuck around for a while. The top 1% were called exploiters for a while because they ran control points etc.

Sean Silverfoot and Nib like this.
  5. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

@DarkStarr
    But its got SO MUCH potential!
    - Expanding Alchemy tradeskill to include runecrafting/scrollmaking or some equivalent. (You could potentially make a whole new skill under alch here if you wanted.)
    New Recipe: Bindstone - alchemy, uses QUARTZ (since this is hard to get in large quantities so there's a significant time element to go farm it)
    Use bindstone at marker - consumes bindstone - adds this location to your 'travel book' or whatever.
    New Recipe: (Teleport to Bind Book). Call it Journey Scroll even. Cost approx same as tele/recalls but can only go places you've personally bound ad added to your travelbook.

Potential: using bind stone on a marker attunes it to that marker and makes it an item (A Glowing Bindstone attuned to xx) and let these be traded, so people could make a living as explorers!

I know there's probably easier ways to go about this, but involving crafters / requiring effort would make this system a lot more fun.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
  6. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

More binding points means more potential deed sales in the store. I for one would try to get my hands on a couple of pot row deeds to seed around the world and a couple of cf vendors to sell my stuff around the world. *shrugs* sounds ok to me. If we are done with regional economy and choke points anyway we can take it one step further imo.

smack, FrostII, Cordelayne and 3 others like this.
  7. idaniod

idaniod Avatar

.. hehe.. everytime I hear someone talk about people being dressed strangely 'breaking their immersion' I giggle... it must be a boring world they live in where everyone dresses in an 'acceptable' fashion...

8. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Increased global commerce with cheap CF vendors. Incentive to own multiple properties in various geographic locations due to additional bind points. Lower taxes for Row deed. Free Row deed for all after quest completion. Easier and more rapid overland travel.

What the hell Portalarium? It’s as if you actually want this game to succeed. About damn time!!!!

9. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

That's why I love my SPO mode. It avoids the incredible pain in my eyes and prevents me from being insulted by the lack of style a lot of ppl show ;-)

Bowen Bloodgood and Cordelayne like this.
  10. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

I'm not saying I don't think this a good approach. It is.
    What I'm saying is I don't expect them to do it.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  11. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Think positive!
    *still dreams of ride-able cat mounts*

12. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I think u should be able to bind to all your lots mabey guild houses.

Witcheypoo, Chatele and Net like this.
  13. Net

Net Avatar

People friend about anyone just to be able to teleport anywhere. I see no problem with people being able to bind to their homes as well, homes are at least not in adventuring scenes. Managing two lots in distant areas is hard without binding. The teleport workaround is present anyway, but I prefer to keep friend-list for friends, not free zone points.

Witcheypoo, Chatele and kaeshiva like this.
  14. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

There is a HUGE difference.. between acceptable.. and believable.. both of which I might add already have ample room for diversity. Not sure what people must wear for you to find it interesting.

15. idaniod

idaniod Avatar

For me to find interesting? I like people who wear clothes that reflect who they are...

16. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

o-k.... A lot of people manage to do that in an 'acceptable' way but I don't think I'll delve any further..

17. idaniod

idaniod Avatar

I think there was a misunderstanding... the reason I said "acceptable" in quotes... is because even in the REAL WORLD - people tend to wear clothing that 'breaks immersion' … hehe

Net likes this.
  18. ShurTugal

ShurTugal Avatar

We already "zap" to places. Its called the friends list and teleport scrolls. The only time I find myself on the world map is if I am running up to the brittanies for something. Its to close to my town to justify a scroll though I could easily find someone there to teleport to. Going after sieges puts me on the map or encounters to but other than that, zap to the rise or zap to krul or zap to upper tears. You get my point. This would just be a refined version of what we do now. The game has to evolve if it is to survive. Digging your heals into the sand will just force many of us to choose a different game to play and kill this one in the process.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  19. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

This is starting to beat a dead horse.... I stand on what I said. It is what I strongly believe because I have seen this happen in many games I have played for years. And it never ended well. But, we shall see won't we. After all port will do, what Port will do... I hope they don't go too far on this. I do not mind being able to bind at all our homes, or even guild houses. But I think that should be it. Any more then this is OVER KILL, and death to the over world map. Like I said why have it then, all that work they did on it for nothing. All this will do is make the world seem even more empty then what it is....So instead they should remove teleporting on friends list (for those who want it), and allow us to bind ONLY to property we own and guilds we are in. I vote NO!!!! the end FINI. JMHO

20. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

I hope it will end like bankslots. You get one for free with your account. You can buy 3 extra with ingame gold, after that you with cotos for every further slot.

Blightlord Knightmare and Net like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.