No Open PvP World :( Ds said it into Alpha Im MADDD.

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Abydos, Feb 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

There was never a plan for open PVP.

So lets get this right, you know how many people are here for full open PvP? Have you even cared to look at the 70,000 forum member? 50% ( if not more) are bots/spam accounts.

OK, makes perfect sense, you assume there was going to be open full loot Pvp, so you bust open the checkbook and donate, then you get all your friends/family to believe the same and get them to donate also. Yea I would be mad at you also, but they did have the opportunity to check for themselves.

you can, it is called selective multiplayer.

Again, you can, it is called selective multiplayer.

I think your quick jump to assumptions and poor information gathering or processing is leading you into oblivion.

WoW has over 12,000,000 subscribers for what? Guess? Killing monsters.

If you chose to quit for not understanding a system is your choice. I wish you and all the others who refuse to use the selective multiplayer system well. It is not for everyone.

As always, you can't please everyone. RG and company has put systems in place to attempt to make this game appeasable for everyone. You will not have open pvp, you will not be able to grief, farm, res kill, harass, players via pvp.

2. Lord Kelsar

Lord Kelsar Avatar

Tight! Glad I came back to check in on this. No need to come back anymore. Adios!

I certainly don't mind supporting Lord British; without PvP (not watered down BS), I'll definitely NOT be playing this.

3. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

define for us "UO in spirit" please? you have said it many times please define it for us.

docdoom77 likes this.
  4. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

You have some experience with Unity? I have dabbled my fair share and what you say seems like you are going with past gaming experience and not coding experience.

If they have not fleshed out combat yet then they have time to get it for individual.

5. Brutal Brutis

Brutal Brutis Avatar

Why dont you ask them..... r g said It a million times to all us live ... in dev chats when he came on uo.. when hewas on markeedragon.. he says it so much its on shrouds wikipedia... so I ask you..how do you define it.. cuz to the creator of the game .. " its uo in spirit but ea owns the name uo"

apoc01 likes this.
  6. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

What ? And they don't get to vote because they are not sentient ?

I'm calling you out on that one! :D

7. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

From the Kickstarter. Doesn't say “spiritual successor” to UO, just sayin.

Wsye likes this.
  8. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

I thought you was leaving?

But to your top post, there will be PvP, you just have to set up your multiplayer settings and you can pvp till your heart is content.

9. Ser Alain

Ser Alain Avatar

There is full PvP. Just not the griefing type (unadulterated open world). And for those that will select PvP as a mode (selective multi-player) it will by and large not be watered down as there will be no safe areas, the only restrictions are on loot (no unique / pledged /RM purchased items looting ).

What you will not see (as last I heard) are players not prepared, nor willing to PvP.

But, if one's idea of PvP is to harass and PK players unwilling to partake, then perhaps you are right and you may not want to play it, although I would ask you to reconsider.

Gracekain, Alexander and NirAntae like this.
  10. Juvez

Juvez Avatar

I feel again sick of SotA community.. from both extreme sides. From the pvers? who think so low of people who enjoy pvp and make all kind "smart" rude comments and wish people out who have as well pledged for the same game as you, and then the pvpers who just whine same thinks what have been stated wont hapen.

I just add that Chris sayd back in the KS days that they are going to test diferent rules and settings later to find what people like. (if i remember correclty even open loot was considered that could be tested) It would be nice to know ofc if they are still planning to do these testings, or have they forgotten that totaly or no time enymore. It personaly did give me a lot hope back then to pledge that there would be possibility to have a well build system for everyone whit the selective multiplayer system, we will see in the time if it was true or just a false hope i created partly myself whit the small information we had and nostalgia glasses on . But as meny have stated one think is sure that people who dont want to can avoid eny pvp, and thank god for that.. i personaly as well i am more than happy to not see some of you guys, like this matters to enyone? not me and clearly not some of you.. and specialy not the ones who are not even going to enjoy pvp :)

So people who enjoy pvp, dont give up yet till more real information how thinks work... and try be calm meantime and not get on pointles arguing who is right. And if someone who havent yet pledged hapens to read this post and the pvp is your enjoy and would be the big goal in the game for you.. just wait for now, there is nothing to hurry.. be smart and wait. (i was clearly not one of those ;) )

apoc01, Sir Frank and Skalex like this.
  11. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

Please note which is listed first.

Sandbox-LIKE. Not unrestricted sandbox.

PvP OPTIONS. Not full unrestricted PvP all the time in all locations.

This is all very much what they have said since the very beginning. It's always been about having choices - the freedom to play the game the way you want to play... not forcing everyone else to play the way you want to play. You may need to jump through a hoop or two to get to play the way you want to play... but it's there, it's available, you can have tons of PvP action if that's your thing.

Kaisa, Wsye, Alexander and 7 others like this.
  12. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

So basically you are just using what LB said as an argument that he meant "OPEN PVP FOR ALL". Even tho i would like to hear your definition, I can only come to this conclusion.

13. Brutal Brutis

Brutal Brutis Avatar

Ok but it does say a rpg what game do you think there talking about ultima 1 thats not even online?... n he says spirtual successor on markeedragon.. on uo pvp shard n freakin wikipedia says it... yeah I got sour grapes I was lead to beilive in something it wasnt... I put money in.. I got excited.. uo comunity was excited.. we called old buddies.. talked about it for the last year.. but when they hit there 3.5 mil they sold us out.. to make wow 2014.. I though rg wanted to make the ultimate mmorpg sandbox style.. maybe he did maybe it was the others cuz he is always for freedom n what it brings to the game..

14. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

UO had many facets. Non-consensual PvP was only one of them, and that went away over time.

I'm not sure anywhere in the Kickstarter campaign they explicitly promised this. So how was anyone tricked?

docdoom77 and NirAntae like this.
  15. Duke Crachazz

Duke Crachazz Avatar

It was said very often in interview by RG, many time that SoTA is the spiritual successor to UO and even that "if I had the legal right to do it, I would call it UO 2".
    Of course to get the UO crowd all riled up and buy into it.

I also thought from what he said in interviews that because of the way the slider works, those who wish, will have the open-world PVP experience.
    It's not fair to now say that it was never officially stated that we will never have that, and that we all should have known better blah blah...
    The way RG was talking in many interviews when asked about this topic made MANY people think exactly what we are all talking about now, that we will have the option to play as we want to.

apoc01 likes this.
  16. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

I guess, you haven't read the entire thread, anyone you consider a PvE or PvP player is not bashing one or the other play style other than you.

This thread is about OPEN PvP and weather or not open pvp is allowed in this game. People who want it complain that they are not getting it and others are trying to explain why and what they can do to quench there thirst for pvp. Please don't come on here and pointing fingers at one type player as being rude or obnoxious to the other. So far this has been a very clean debatable subject.

As far as i know, as of a dev chat or two ago they are still trying to figure out how normal PvE looting will go. So i would expect that they have yet, or at least tell us about, PvP loot test.

NRaas likes this.
  17. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Then why all the worry about some random comment, probably incomplete, made on the fly?

Wait for the mega PvP post.

docdoom77 and Phredicon like this.
  18. Ser Alain

Ser Alain Avatar

But they will. That's what the filters are about. That has always been the plan and still is. Nothing in the transcript refutes that. As said again and again; since the begining is that to the PvPer, there will not be Pver's as the only time they will see them will be where they explicitly accept that there will be PvP (guilds / quests / arenas / etc). For the same token, to the Pver there will not be any PvP other than in those cases discussed in the transcript.

Thats' it, that's all. It's a method to permit both groups to play in the same game with minimal interaction and have both groups enjoy the game. In essence, you elect to PvP, the world's your option minus the pesky non attack-able Pvers (except in specific cases) and if you elect to play Pve then most of the world is your option minus those pesky Pvper's (except in specific cases).

If you ask me, the PvP player has better access to the entire map than the pve player will.

19. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

Lets take a quick look at UO and the possible definition to "If I had the legal right to do it, I would call it UO 2"

released on 24 September 1997 - one facet Felucaa (actually it wasn't even named that till the introduction of Trammel) It offered freedom of full loot PvP weather you wanted to pvp or not.

(from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultima_Online#Sequels) Ultima Online: Renaissance (4 May 2000) doubled the size of the world, as there were literally two copies of it. The worlds were called Felucca and Trammel, after the two moons in Ultima's Britannia world. The Trammel world did not allow player killing and was geared towards fighting monsters. Felucca also adopted a darker, more foreboding look and kept its player vs player roots.
    So basically this is the day Felucca died and everyon moved to Tram, why did Fel die? Open PvP.

So from May 4, 2000 to Today February 21, 2014, 14 years sense the death of Fel people have been playing UO. So would it not be fair to say that RG didn't mean a "Full Loot PvP world" like a few of you claim? UO has been full loot pvp free for over 14 years, and lets be honest, if the game never split worlds there would not be any UO today.

20. Duke Crachazz

Duke Crachazz Avatar

Well, not really open-world PVP tho. You have to join a guild and all that, you can not play a murderer, Guild PVP is different.

The way he was talking about it in interviews sounded more like it's a slider setting, and why would PVE'ers select "open pvp (or whatever the setting is called then)" on their slider...?
    Only people who would like an open-pvp world would select this setting, therefore no innocents would be slaughtered, right?

I will probably still play it, even tho I was hoping it would be more like UO after what was said in interviews.

docdoom77 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.