No Open PvP World :( Ds said it into Alpha Im MADDD.

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Abydos, Feb 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

At this stage, can we have an official answer and stop letting us into oblivion?

2. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

I wouldn't expect anything until R3 calms down. Which is when I was expecting a PvP statement, with R4 having combat PvP should be next on the list.

3. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

Forgive me, for i am about to Sin... deeply.. harshly.. and perhaps unforgiveably.. but Forgive me my Liege for i am about to sin...

all i read - This is not how UO was.. We want what UO had... HELLO THIS IS NOT UO!!!! this is SotA!...

You want UO.. then psst.. go play UO... you want SotA.. welcome to it

~nods and readjusts her cloak~

4. fumblefingers

fumblefingers Avatar

I for one have never been a PKer, but a PKK yes .With that, i'll also say yes i do think it should be part of the game.It is what Richard ,G. did lead us all to believe , with all the talk about this being a New Britania .Like the old Ultima we all loved. If this is going to be nothing more then [ Trammel ] Then for the love of God say so .

Thus far, i wouldn't want to fight a sheep. I watch the video about the issues with the game, and listened to what was said about its the players computer not having enough memory and so on .
    Ill say this, my computer and connection far exceeds any thing i should need to play this game on its very best settings.

Yes this is still Alpha. So i'm not going to pick a part all the issues i don't see getting any better. I'll hold out hope that Richard,G. Wouldn't let his name be connected with a Game that ripped off all its Kick starters, Pledges, fans. With sub standard Game.

apoc01 and jondavis like this.
  5. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

You are wasting your time. Its been 6+ months of the same BS back and forth and they don't want to hear it. It was not only said no full open PVP but even pointed out in stretch goals that only certain levels would get it and then even only for RvR.

People still like to bury their head in the sand, not really look objectively at anything, splash praise all over the place, then somehow we are supposed to feel bad that they feel bad they were supposedly cheated for something they didn't pay any attention to.

I agree with LS.

6. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

I don't think they are far enough along with the combat and multiplayer system to say for certain how PVP will work. I would like to see transcript of what Darkstarr said, but it would not be the first time he said something that was taken out of context. First off, SOTA was never going to be Open PVP by a strict definition because PVP was going to be consensual. To many that is a breaker right there. In the end SOTA will have PVP features, but how open that would be have been the main reason for all the "discussions" on the issue.

I personally would not taken anything to heart until you see a feature implemented in the game. Until something is implemented or the game releases even the Devs cannot say for certain. However, the Devs have been very open about their plans, so most Full Loot/Open PVP talk was really just wishful thinking. Although I think PVPers will have still have options even if "Open" PVP is not implemented.

Personally, I would be more heart-broken over the lack of friendly fire than loss of Open PVP, but that's me.

Phredicon likes this.
  7. Brutal Brutis

Brutal Brutis Avatar

Yeah really we deserve some answers... I dont think it matters though I think they made there decision and all the old uoers who donated money and got excited when lord brit n blackthorn came in r full pvp shard and talked about the game n said its uo in spirit ..we lost but the thing is archeage is almost here n darkfall2 is here.. so ee got them n archeage is freakin awesome.. n sota just lost half its population and all the people who were getting ahold ofmold uo buddies saying its back... its done stick a forkmin it lol.. good luck guys.. ill never get tricked into kickstarter agian just cuz the devs made me n us think it was uo in spirit.. cya on darkfall n def archeage a real game with awesome crafting housing playrr ran economy s full loot pvp n a bigger free world then sota anyways.. good luck. It was fun while it lasted. I really thought early uo was back.. well they made us feel that way.. or why would they go onto a full pvp shard n explain the new game to thousands

8. Owain

Owain Avatar

Maybe no official announcement is a good thing, if what we have interpreted is not what they meant to say.

9. Amber Raine

Aye, i know. hence why i said what i said. I could also just stick my head up my ass-ets server and blow smoke signals to get the same response as we are getting now from those that KNOW what we have been told since the beginning, and having it come to life now, and still getting the same response.

As a Roleplayer, i will say, i have NO qualms to PvP.. i have NO issue to people wanting to run around like chickens with their heads cut off whacking each others off and stealing from them. Just leave those that do not desire it alone. Simple.

I also find it rather amusing, that 1) we RP'rs who do not PvP/PK.. are okay with it being "consentual" or "in the game in some way but let us our peace" but 2) PvP/pK side are like - oh no all or nothing.. all or i ragequit

~shakes head, rolls eyes~ anyone else need a tissue?

10. Brutal Brutis

Brutal Brutis Avatar

We relize that but they said numerous times that its uo in spirit.... n they even went on the full pvp shards and talked about sota infront of tons n tons of people... so y would they do that? How is this game uo in spirit? How? How? Its not they got are money n now there gonna make a world were people dont cry like 12 yrr olds cuz someone is pvping..

TemplarAssassin and apoc01 like this.
  11. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Ok !

Who do you make moral? Who are you to judge people? Why do you think there has 70,000 members on the forum? For the RP? For kill stupid monsters in the woods? Wake up man! We all know that it is not OU. Be a little constructive if you desire to be a moralizing.

apoc01 likes this.
  12. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

I only ever expected factions and guild wars with the occasional dual / party vs party type scenario. Because that's all that makes sense with consensual PvP. As has been said many, many times, a UO/l2 style karma system simply isn't needed and is just clumsy. The objectives in the game are designed to be held by guilds (or possibly, some larger faction), not individuals.

vjek, Akeashar and NirAntae like this.
  13. Phredicon

Phredicon Avatar

Because Ultima Online was ALWAYS about so much more than PvP. The 'emergent gameplay' that is so hailed was both unforeseen and, for many, unfortunate.

14. Sir Seir

Sir Seir Avatar

Full transcript (other than I had one guy blocked that I eventually unblocked since Starr was responding to him), what I heard him say is right in line with what they've said since the beginning:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

apoc01, docdoom77, smack and 6 others like this.
  15. Sir Seir

Sir Seir Avatar

(continued)
    [​IMG]

apoc01, smack, Akeashar and 4 others like this.
  16. FireLotus

FireLotus Royal Bard & Master Dabbler Dev Emeritus

Please remember to be civil. Feedback can be shared without cussing or hostility.:p

Umbrae, O`Sullivan, Joviex and 2 others like this.
  17. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Oh Tx man !

It is this discusion.

18. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

Arguments can run from cold to hot,
    Debates are lively when they're fought,
    But remember this, when posts you do,
    The fiery Lotus keeps watchful eyes on you ;)

19. Amber Raine

My apologies, did i judge anyone? in fact i recall saying if you want it.. i am all for you having it, and simply stated that most us RPs are the same way, we welcome you to have your toys and ability to kill each other, but leave us to our game desires as well. If i in some way hurt your feelings, by something i said, perhaps the tissue is for that? I meant not harm stating fact.

Time Lord likes this.
  20. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Nice to know dude !

Peace !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.