No Open PvP World :( Ds said it into Alpha Im MADDD.

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Abydos, Feb 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

If by freedom you only mean to be able to attack anyone and everyone, even those you will never see because they will not be PvP, your definition of freedom is different than mine. If you mean the ability to go open PvP and PvP with other open PvP players, don't get scared off by this thread. I believe this is hysteria over misinterpretation of the statements of Darkstarr.

Lady Innessa, Espada and Wsye like this.
  2. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

One observation I've picked up on is that even though Starr and Richard and others actually developed Ultima Online, they obviously never played it! Sure you guys might have tested it, but if you really played it maybe you would understand why so many of us want to have a PvP option that goes beyond guilds and tournaments.

If this is a sandbox game we don't need hand holding either in the end game. No need for daily quests and things to tell us how to play. That's good for some people, but Open PvP is good for the rest of us.

EDIT: For some it is the only lasting end game option. Considering that this is a skill based game not an item based game it is already geared for fair PvP competition. So why limit us and say we cannot flag for PvP?

Ferrus, Ara and apoc01 like this.
  3. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

If you looking for a serious discussion about pvp check out https://shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/open-pvp-proposal.7866/

4. Mercyful Fate

Mercyful Fate Avatar

Wow, that looks gorgeous! But no magic? What's a mage to do?

5. Espada

Espada Avatar

Kingdom Come looks like a lot of fun and I cant wait to play it (backed that baby as well).. However, you are aware that it is a single player game, correct?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

6. Espada

Espada Avatar

Exactly... People are over reacting... Wait until the devs address this topic please.. We got way too much negativity going on already regarding this matter.. Patience guys... You will get the open pvp you desire with other individuals who share the same style ... The "selective" system will support it.

7. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

WTFH ! No Open PvP World :( Ds said it into Alpha Im MADDD.
    Here is the thread that started all the open PvP chaos.
    WTFH ! No Open PvP World :( Ds said it into Alpha Im MADDD.
    Post with screenshots of the statements made by Darkstarr.
    Seir took the time to trim all the Darkstarr comments out for readability.
    The first part I want to bring up is I think the OP of that thread made an assumption with his post. (easy to do and many other did as well)
    This is based on Darkstarr's comment here.
    In this context, it's understandable, at face value this does not give any room for open PvP.
    Lets take a look at the yellow sentence. Guilds can declare war against other guilds
    Easy to interpret, guild vs guild PvP. Obviously this is what Darkstarr was saying in his comment.
    Now the purple. Guilds can declare as full time PVP.
    What does this mean? My interpretation is that guilds can declare war on every guild that is PvP, all at once, effectively going full PvP. This is not so obvious but it still fits what Darkstarr said.

I know that there are people that do not wish to join a guild just to go full PvP. I agree, should need to do that. There does need to be a method to declare PvP and guilding is an easy way to accomplish this.

I envision a story driven reason to declare full PvP, not just a simple flag.

For example:

A player joins the order of the Paladins and pledges the oath of the order. The order is full PvP but to maintain good standing within the order it is more than just PvP. There is a requirement that the player plays within the moral system that is within the order's beliefs.

Several types of these full PvP groups would be in place, such as the thieves guild or the necromancers guild.

A system like this is still Guild vs Guild only it is a much more lose version.

This still fits within the comments made by Darkstarr. Full PvP is consensual and is Guild at war with every Guild that chooses to be full PvP.

Dhailen and acrylic_300 like this.
  8. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

My assumption is that an individual hex is "team" based and there is no friendly fire. So being "full time PvP" and an individual means nothing without some allegiance. Also, what are you doing there? Taking a castle for yourself?

These are all reasons we'd need to know more about some kind of greater faction / alliance system in the game. Perhaps you can get tagged to a faction and roam away as an individual.

Otherwise, form a guild of 1.

9. redfish

redfish Avatar

For all we know, in some areas PvP will be turned off for non-guild players, simply because its assumed those areas are patrolled by guards (near roads, etc), then as you go out in the wilderness, PvP turns on. The guards wouldn't bother with guild warfare, because it doesn't fall under the category of crime.

Still would restrict things like banditry, though.

I'd like to hear more from the dev team about the plans.

NRaas likes this.
  10. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

But a guild cant be just one.

11. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

I would join an NPC guild.. to pvp . The other type of guild usually has too many quirks for my taste.

Xandra7 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.