Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Not good. . .

Discussion in 'Release 12 Feedback' started by Jordizzle, Nov 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

As soon as I heard about this game I was stoked. Release 1, was fun, enjoyed exploring owls head. Release 2 still fun. . began to crash more. Release 3. . began to crash a lot more. Release 4. .still crashing.. . Release 5. .crashing to the point of being so annoyed that I didn't even want to try any more. So I stayed away from the game until now, release 12. . and I have to say, the opening scene on the bridge was fun. I killed and killed skeletons until I had collected around 700 gold, loving the graphics, combat is getting better. .. Got to Breamr. . after several crashes trying to exit to the world map I finally got to the world map by logging directly into world map. Now after several crash attempts I'm finally in owls head. . problem is the scene loads, but game crashes as soon as I attempt to walk around. . Seems like the game becomes less playable with each release to me. So as much as I enjoyed killing those skeletons. . I'm going to have to step away from this game until they figure out how to make it playable again. Until then I'll be back on Archeage! Fare thee well!

Lord Trady of Blix and smack like this.
  2. Resurrected

Resurrected Avatar

Are you sure it's not your spec on your machine or something else to do with your machine as I rarely if ever get a crash. So I doubt it's the game stability. If it was surely many more would have the issue you speak of?

3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Did you do a bug report so you could get help. This is an important release, well they all are of course. It sounds like it is better for you to step away, except do your bug report because it might be a very important missing link or something. I of course understand pre alpha isn't for everyone. We are all having stuff here and there but that is why we are here. The team will try to help you. and in regards to archeage I play that game here and there, but have been stepping away from it and I'm sure it will be for good some day. Not my kind of game. Best wishes to you. :)

4. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

There was an issue where your character sometimes was unable to zone to new instances after you use the light spell.

Please remember that this is pre-alpha, and you should take every oppertunity you can to give feedback to the team in a contructive manner!

Report any bug and stuff like this in the Bug forum, its helps them ( and everyone ) Greatly!

Hope to see you ingame soon!

blaquerogue likes this.
  5. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

Actually I'm not sure. . I do know that I had no problems running Shroud in the first few releases. . and I currently play Archeage on Dx11 high graphic settings as well as Dragon Age .so while I'm not entirely confident in my PC, I do know that I can play other games that are hard on a system so I dunno.

Yeah I did actually play Archeage while it was in Alpha so I understand there will be issues here and there with this game. It's still in development I know. . i did click the "I understand this is a work in progress button" :) I did a bug report on another crash issue I had where I was trying to walk out of Breamr to the world map and getting a crash. I'm gonna do another bug report now I guess. As a fan of the Ultima series who has played UO even up until now. ..I just have very high hopes for this game, and I don't want to let my frustration with trying to test this release turn me off from the game entirely ya know. So I'll do another bug report, and I'll give the game a few more tries but if it continues to be as bad as it's been i'll just stop trying and come back later on in some future release to give it another go. I want to play this game honest! lol

smack and majoria70 like this.
  6. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

Yeah I actually Read about that. I haven't gotten to the point where I can obtain any spells yet though. . my first quest from the inkeeper said go to owls head so that's what I've been trying to do. I'm gonna give her some more tries though. . if you see Lex Luthor in game that's me.

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

awesome attitude Jordizzle. I do understand. For me it has been a very long haul this kickstarting to the release of a game sheesh lol ;)

8. Resurrected

Resurrected Avatar

It's been (still is) a long haul for me, I've posted several times that I've had it but I just see so much potential I stick round.

Jordizzle likes this.
  9. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

Yeah I'm so stoked about this game I can't even explain it lol. I had branched off from UO to try other games, FFX11 online, Age of Conan, and I started playing Archeage because I felt it was the closest thing to UO I could find with it's housing system. . but I've grown sorta tired of that lately because the labor system really limits you a lot and since I enjoy crafting it's become quite the hindrance. So I figured I'd give SOTA a try today to see how it's progressed since I last tried it. That first scene on the bridge had me feeling like I did when i first played UO in 97 so I was so stoked earlier today lol. I just tried to play a few more times. . I can't even log into the game now unless I log straight into the world map. After 5 attempt to enter owls head and crashing each time I think It' best I stop trying right now. I did post another bug report though. Hopefully it gets worked out because I just love this game so much I can't stop whistling the music haha. Any way. .I feel like the game has made some progress but i can't test the game if it won't work long enough for me to do anything so until next time!

10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

"quote" I did post another bug report though. Hopefully it gets worked out because I just love this game so much I can't stop whistling the music haha. Any way. .I feel like the game has made some progress but i can't test the game if it won't work long enough for me to do anything so until next time![/quote]

Yes I'm liking the music much better this release . They did a great job. I am not much of a bagpipe person although I do admire them and their heritage, too much of them grinds on me, well just a bit lol. Just being honest for me personally;)

Yes I know what you mean about archeage and I played FFXIV also and loved a lot about it, but it couldn't hold me with the forced groupings for your class stuff.

I do really surprising like Star Wars Old republic to putter around with. I don't usually play space games, but I'm loving the story , theres even some romance if you chose, and lots of cinematics with your character talking to the quest givers, it's just a very high budget game, doesn't feel cheaply done to me. oh sorry I'm so off of topic, please forgive me guys. :eek:

Lord Baldrith and Jordizzle like this.
  11. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

I agree the music is great! I have considered Star Wars Old Republic but I haven't yet been able to make myself try it. I just can't wait to get into the SOTA story. . Archeage has a story but it's pretty lame honestly. . for each and every race it's all "you felt as if you were experiencing some one else's memories." I want something with substance, lore, that will hold my attention ya know.

12. Holt

Holt Avatar

That's what we were going for with Poets' Circle. Glad the tunes can't get out of your head ;)

13. Holt

Holt Avatar

Bagpipes: not our fault. Neither was the banjo. Glad they're gone too, RIP.

:)

14. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Jordizzle,

Thank you for your support and interest. We looked at the logs and unfortunately your machine is well below our current minimum requirements (see our FAQ) which is what is causing your difficulty. The main issue is that it appears you have only 3 GB of RAM and we use 4 GB in many scenes at a minimum.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=19#faq_031

15. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

Well then, THAT SUCKS! LOL I do have 4gb installed, maybe only 3 is being utilized or something? In that case I'll have to just bite the bullet and purchase a new CPU. . .I've been considering it for a while but I haven't really felt the need yet. I will play SOTA though so I guess I have no choice now. I would like to share this below with you, just saw this while looking at a housing plot with my imaginary ingame friend.
    [​IMG]

16. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Do not 32-bit systems max out at 3 gigs of RAM? I could never utilize more than 3G despite having 4G installed until I upgraded to a 64-bit system.

17. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

If that's true then it would be my problem lol. I am running windows vista 32-bit.

18. smack

smack Avatar

Yep, this is a well known problem with Windows and the 3GB barrier.

Yeah, you really need to switch to a 64-bit OS. While you're at it, get more RAM, minimum 8GB.

High Baron O`Sullivan likes this.
  19. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Then isn't a 4G minimum requirement rather odd. It's essentially saying 64 bit systems only.

smack likes this.
  20. redfish

redfish Avatar

If its 64-bit systems only, why is there a 32-bit build.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.