Official Housing Tax Rates

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thexedor Markhamm, Jul 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Well...Budner...You have many friends...I am sure someone will wave their magic wand and give u 10% of your time back every day( cut your monthly tax rate by half).. If not...shout me up and ill come along and wiggle mine for you :)

Sean Silverfoot and Leelu like this.
  2. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Good thing is, housing is not mandatory, and does not allow a person to win! It will be ok guys.

Derium, Hornpipe, Saxif D`aan and 3 others like this.
  3. Krissa Lox

Krissa Lox Avatar

I saw him talking about numbers and "efficient gold farmers" but didn't see specifics about what level ranges and activities they were gearing for -- like if it was meant to be newbie-accessible or an end-game thing, and if it was doable by normal loot farming or required sophisticated player trades or intense merchanting. But Bow Vale cleared up what I was looking for, so I have no issues now with the amount anymore, though I do still think the gold scale itself could use improvement.

Leelu and Bow Vale like this.
  4. Thexedor Markhamm

Thexedor Markhamm Avatar

If loot gets a re-balance maybe this won't be an issue. So far in my low level gold grinding I'd have to sell a lot of 20 gp rusty weapons to make it work. I have 2 taxable town lots for my farm, and since it'll take a while to get setup and producing sellable goods, I'll be a-scrambling to pay 4k a day. :( I was hoping taxes would be a factor, but not an all out time & money-sink. Hard to buy 20+ large planters @ 800 gp and pay Big Brother 4k per day at the same time.

Cirsee and Leelu like this.
  5. Deides

Deides Avatar

Remember.... this game needs to generate a income and tax free upgrades will be be large part of this......

6. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

So, farming Gold 7.5 hrs per month is a job?

Alley Oop and Leelu like this.
  7. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Realized I had missed a sentence in my post. Added the following: For reference we based these values on observing players making about 3500 - 7500 gold per hour at median levels with decent crafted gear (some determined players were making as much as 20K per hour).

8. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

On a related point. I have played many mmo's over the years. Been stuck with no isk/gold whatever for many months/years. Woking hard to get affluent but i always got there in the end. And you know that when i did, say in the case of EvE have multi Billions of isk(at a time when it was a lot) could buy anything i wanted in the game...i stopped playing as the fun/work/incentive had gone out of the game for me. You(I) may think you will only be happy when you have this or can afford that, but for me i find the struggle is actually the part of the game that i enjoyed most in the end, the journey not the perceived end/win.
    I have posted many times here, that the game has to cater for and give the new players without the benefits of the early pledgers a chace here and for me 6 mins per day for a row house is not an issue for new/low/casual players.

9. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

New idea for the end of the world party.

[​IMG]

10. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

If the avarage player make 7.5k per hour farming, A Casual player will be able to maintain a small house without breaking a sweat, and that is EXCLUDING the possibilitys to pay $1 for a coin to use for rent, OR to gain money while NOT playing thru vendors.

Balance need to be done around the AVARAGE Player, and not the ultra casual ( Or the ultra hardcore for that sake )

11. Thexedor Markhamm

Thexedor Markhamm Avatar

Leelu likes this.
  12. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

This is why I melted taxed lots. The rates may be fine for days I can grind. But for days I don't want to or can't, then what? I didn't want to spend my time in back taxes land. I'd rather play as I want when I want vs how the game might require when it wants. There will be more fun ways to spend that saved gold i hope.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
    deonast, Mykll, Ice Queen and 3 others like this.
  13. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

I question the assumption that the average player makes 7.5k per hour farming. I have never, ever, made even close to that. Then again, perhaps I am below average. :rolleyes:

For more casual players, it takes quite a bit of time to get up to mid/high levels where gold comes more easily. Again, I don't want my playing experience dominated by the need to grind in order to pay rent. I already have a job.

I do understand there are inflation and gold sink issues that are very important to the game. Guess I'm just shocked there's a 5x increase vs. last release. That could have been better handled.

deonast, zyxe, Mykll and 10 others like this.
  14. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

You know I had forgotten that I can use my tax orb to cut my taxes in half. I believe the devs previously confirmed you can give yourself a tax break if you own such a fine piece of equipment.

Meanwhile, your offer of wiggling is still enticing ......

deonast, Vaentorian, Derium and 4 others like this.
  15. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

@Bow Vale
    Question re: the statement quoted above -- where do you get those figures? Were they based on your own observations of your game time, or are those from some other source?

Leelu likes this.
  16. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

I didnt make that either, not that i farmed much. But that is what portalarium, who has all the data, is saying. 3.500 on the lowend, and up to 20,000 for "Determined" Players. Even if the numbers doesnt match up, the goal is that " 1h of farm equal rent for a week " , and that is HARDLY unreasonable.

17. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

18. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I don't think it would be so cool to offer city lots for $1050, make them tough to sustain, cause skeptical holders to melt them, do the land rush, then decide to suddenly make them easier to sustain. We need to remember they already charged a lot for taxable deeds. Just because those deeds were not part of pledge packages doesn't make them chump change subject to much whim, IMHO. Hopefully careful thought is put into it in the future.

19. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

I advise you to read my other posts in this thread and those of others, you may be enlightened.

Edit...ok...Try it and see...Owls head..the little road bit below it...go there grind those level 1 skeletons for 30 mins...loot the swords/gold and the ectoplasm only...sell it all and see what you get. If filling your bag there in 30 mins nets you approx. 1.5k then alls fine and dandy.

20. Lord John Whorfin

Lord John Whorfin Avatar

Just add my opinion there... imo its realistic, if you got the money to buy a City Taxed Lot, at around 1 600 000 ingame money, you should be plenty enought rich to pay the tax. 7000/ week for a village taxable lot you will have paid around 400 000 ingame, imo its totally realistic, at mid lvl (wich you'll be when you'll have enought money to buy village taxable lot ingame) you'll be able to run some place i'll not mention and make around 5000 by run (run take 15-20 min). I do it everyday 1 time just for fun. 15-20 min of time... around 30-45 min by week for pay your tax ? God its really not much. In my opinion you do what you want with it but... for my part.. people just search to complain.

But anyway, if its too expensive, come to my domain, and rent me a room (Rentable room will be available soon)

4EverLost, psteg, Hornpipe and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.