Offline play towns

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bubonic, Apr 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

@DarkStarr @Lord British @Berek @Chris

Hello, folks!

First of all, apologies if this has already been answered. I posed this question myself quite a long time ago, and was informed that things were still being worked out.

So, this is a follow-up more than anything else.

How, exactly, are towns and housing being handled in SPOffline? Will the NPC towns be filled with empty lots? Or will they be filled with houses? If the latter, then will those houses be occupied? Decorated? Will we be able to (break and) enter other people's houses? Will they have NPCs?

And what about PRTs? Will they still exist? (If so, all the same questions above apply.) What about POTs?

Thanks!

2. mass

mass Avatar

I always thought there would only be NPC towns offline and that what ever the default houses we see on lots now would exist on those lots. Now, whether or not NPCs actually live in those houses, and are they decorated, and have any purpose to break in t...erhm, visit, I haven't seen anything on. All good questions.

3. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

There has not been any sort of confirmation from the devs regarding this. At least, not that I'm aware of.

4. mass

mass Avatar

You could be right, I just swore I could remember somewhere in all the discussion of houses that they said offline would get the default houses. Been a while though.

5. yarnevk

yarnevk Avatar

Please default house the empty lots, certainly do not want to see a copy of online. Now if someone wants to move their house from online to their own offline, allow that with magic movers. Just keep it out of my single player game.

6. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

At one point they mentioned just taking a snapshot of the current live server and basing it off of that (which would be the worst way of doing it). Really they need to do a pass through all of them to place appropriate looking buildings, then another pass to place NPCs, then one more to give them some basic and interesting dialogue. I'd recommend the old Less Generic NPC mods for Morrowind as an example of how to do that last bit well.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  7. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Yes this would be the worst solution and show - again - what status the offline mode and immersion has in this game...

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  8. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

I'm ALMOST positive that I read offline housing would get default houses which I'm looking forward to. see real cities with a theme and all.
    I think most yards are really nice when looked at separately but a puke fest when you see it all together.... (I'm contributing to the puke fest myself with a asian style home in spite)

mass, Cordelayne and Lord_Darkmoon like this.
  9. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Hey @Berek

Surely by this time (as recently as January, RG himself estimated completion by sometime in the middle of this year) this detail has been worked out. Can you please ask for some info regarding this?

thanks

10. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Seems there aren't any plans for this yet?

11. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

This will be a great Post Mortem question. If it's not mentioned in the stream, Starr should answers on the forum afterward (more preferred method for me).

Bubonic likes this.
  12. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Will ask! I'm not sure...

Lord_Darkmoon and Bubonic like this.
  13. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Sooo.... Any word on this?

14. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

:/

15. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Confirmation

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-single-player-and-offline.87710/#post-799476

Bubonic and mass like this.
  16. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Well, at least they answered someone ;)

17. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

Simple answer, is NO other player housing, vending, and/or dynamic town decorations will be automatically generated/crossed over into Single Player Online mode. Not sure if blank canvas empty ghost towns like other people's POT and/or NPC towns will appear in that mode. It's possible that if they do and someone has a custom town that their custom town decorations would appear.

That said the stuff that comes with your pledge OR bundle OR purchased in the Add On Store AND your account's OWN Player Owned Towns will be in there for YOUR Single Player Online games, so you will get to play with your towns, decorate them for your own amusement, throw down your pledge lot deeds or add on store deeds, and decorate your OWN property and towns to your hearts content.

Single Player online is intended to be a single player blank canvas WITH your own personal account stuff and nothing else.

Hope that answers your questions.

V/R Brickbat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.