Open pvp server

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Duke William of Serenite, Aug 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Stating an opinion, or disagreeing with another's opinion, is not trolling.
    Trolling is posting provocative or controversial statements solely for the purpose of illiciting a reaction.

2. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Excuse me... what is FUD?

3. Floors

Floors Avatar

Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt.

4. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Well... last I'd checked, they've been having... difficulty... producing stable code and are significantly behind schedule. I'd say there was a bit of reason behind the FUD.

5. King Dane

King Dane Avatar

Asking not to be moderated is an indirect assertion of overmoderation. With a term as ambiguous as troll, that's all it takes.

6. Floors

Floors Avatar

I don't think they're planning on releasing until 2016, so hard to say.... it is interesting they're using an open development model, which people can not seem to adjust to well.

This spreadsheet projects them on path to 100 million by their estimated finish date

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...LO4zgBA1RSYoQOQoNSI/edit?pli=1#gid=1694467207

Wasn't trying to make a statement about SC's success or lack thereof, just that no matter how much money you make people are complaining and not happy in an open development model where they have paid and don't have the product completely yet. Thought it was interesting.

7. Vendetta Beretta

Vendetta Beretta Avatar

Rules are a funny thing. People can always find a loophole, and people can always find a way to accuse you of something. ;)

Dane likes this.
  8. Vendetta Beretta

Vendetta Beretta Avatar

OH I thought being a troll was something that happened at birth. If both my parents are trolls then I would be guilty regardless what I say. lol

9. Vendetta Beretta

Vendetta Beretta Avatar

Well I was joking, however you are right a joke can be misinterpreted, and taken far too seriously too.

Dane likes this.
  10. Owain

Owain Avatar

I guess it's a forlorn hope that things might ever get back on topic...

11. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    Yes the term trolling is actually started from fishing. Fishermen troll for fish in hope some bite. I believe it is a misconception amongst many people that think that by calling some one a troll, means calling them a monster. when it actually means they are "fishing" for a reply.

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

That's interesting, I always thought it was like a troll under a bridge waiting to pop out ruin someone's day.

13. Vendetta Beretta

Vendetta Beretta Avatar

Separate servers is the topic? That would ruin SotA. That would have worse consequences than segregating all the people with selective multiplayer for PvP and PvP full loot.

It is much better having everybody on one server. One community, one economy. It doesn't make sense to have separate servers when one of the main attractions of SotA was the fact there will be selective mulitiplayer allowing all players to live in the same single world without shards.

14. Silent Strider

Silent Strider Avatar

The acronym is typically only used when the FUD is unwarranted, and specially if it's spread with the main objective of damaging a person or organization's reputation. If it's just people airing reasonable concerns — for example, saying that the expanded scope of a game might force the devs to delay the launch — then it's not FUD.

(Which does make telling someone that he is spewing FUD about as insulting as telling him that he is lying.)

Typical examples of FUD are seen when competitors start to badmouth each other's products and services, resorting to not completely true or relevant information in order to paint the competitor in a bad light. Other very nasty examples of FUD can be found in politics.

15. Milo87

Milo87 Avatar

Splitting up the community is a mistake. Keeping one populated server will guarantee people will be on at all times. If you make several servers, what happens if a population drops heavily? You would then have the same people crying about how they need to merge servers which creates new problems. I played UO for many years and once trammel came out if made the number of people in felucca drop considerably. Combat in UO had a lot of action from waring guilds, factions, or order/chaos guilds. Pking was a factor but there was a TON of fighting to be had in town/ out of town, at guildhouses or pvp hotspots from willing participants. From my understanding SOTA will have guild waring and an open pvp zone where certain resources spawn more frequently. This will allow for plenty of combat, while allowing people who don't want to partake to still be in the community making it better. This system will allow the population to be maximized because everyone can enjoy the game and I don't know people are trying to complain and want it changed to one extreme or another.

kronides and Vendetta Beretta like this.
  16. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

or the matchmaking been made so that,

pve and pvp flagged guys only meet in town

-that there are 2 instances for non pvp and for full loot pvp everywhere .
    -that these 2 zones have different housing spots depending if you are pvp flagged or non you will enter them.
    -that pve flagged players can trade in town with pvp flagged players but the materials they farmed (get tagged as pve only) so the armors crafted outz of them have only defencives vs mosters but not vs players
    -ore and materials out of the pve zones automaticly get flagged pvp only
    to make sure the economy not get destoyed in pvp land
    - overmap view traveling is only avalible when you are pve flagged.
    -in pvp flagged world you would have to pay a lot of gold to use the ingame map area skipping, and mostly use a horse to travel

so they could live together and we get 2 times more house spots on same map size

17. Vendetta Beretta

Vendetta Beretta Avatar

You know what that isn't a bad idea. I wouldn't mind if PvP and PvE people only saw each other in towns. That way in any given hex a full time PvP flagged player goes into... if he runs into anybody else they are possible threats. Whereas town not everybody things are more civilized, unless it is a lawless town that requires you to flag PvP upon entering the town.

*I really like that*

18. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

finally someone who agree as a non pvp player XD

the innovative hex system should be made to satisfy all on 1 server

freeeedooooommmm

19. jondavis

jondavis Avatar

The whole selective muliplayer thing seems to be ruining a criminal system which is what I signed up for.
    Hard to be a criminal if everyone says ok to being in a PVP zone.
    If another server brings on a criminal system then I'm all for it.

20. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

The criminal system has not been discussed. We know there are virtues and the guards will react to your actions. Criminal acts do not have to be against people unwilling to partake in PvP.''

*edit: Criminal acts in the form of combat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.