Open PvP with full loot everywhere in online mode?

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Ara, Apr 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Ya I was taking it from memory and it seems my memory is not that great at times haha. This is the post I was refering too.
    It does not mention full loot, I apologize :oops:

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Ara

Ara Avatar

Ahh np. My memory isnt what is used to be either. =)

Isaiah and L.M. Avorin Swiftslay like this.
  3. Polution

Polution Avatar

Because the majority at forums are a minority of backers and doesn't represent anything, unless all of the backers vote.
    What i find annoying from both sides and i have read it in every discussion about this subject is that: if you don't like "this", then "go play WoW, CS, TES: Skyrim, etc". Like if sending people that doesn't share your opinion to "play other game" would solve the problem, we are all backers and we all want to play SotA.
    I think the Dev's will come up with something, but i don't think they will be able to please us all at 100%.

Xenolivar Woengus and Noctiflora like this.
  4. Ara

Ara Avatar

That poll say more then claiming players don't want full loot with nothing backing such a statement.

When institutes try do prognosis on for example what party would you vote on if it was election today then they ask 1000-2000 randomly selected people from the population.

The poll i quoted isn't as accurate as that of course but it say more then anything i seen from the ones that try to claim we that want full loot is the minority.

The ransom proposal isn't a compromise that many that see risk vs reward and full loot as a very much needed feature in this game will settle with.

How many of them have given up on and how many are still around waiting for the release is anybodies guess but if developers continue with having ransom as their compromise then i believe this game will not be a successful as it could have been.

I am pretty sure that a poll today would not give as many positive to full loot since some that voted in the poll i quoted isn't around anymore.

No i agree they won't be able to please 100% but why try pleasing the minority that don't want full loot? Make no sense at all.

And using affinity feature as the reason why full loot isn't possible is not exactly developers doing their best to please the majority that want full loot. They should remove affinity from the game and instead let weapons be what they are and there should be no progress by using it. I see affinity as a feature that is only here to make full loot more or less impossible. And a feature that make the PvP game more of a item based PvP game.

5. Ned888

Ned888 Avatar

I never said people don't support full loot. The developers don't support it. You did read the mega-post right? The one with ransom and no full loot?

I don't know why you people keep making stuff up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Ara

Ara Avatar

Full loot or not is not set in stone yet as far as i know. Ransom was a compromise suggestion.

Since a majority want full loot i have hope developers will go with the majority in the end.

Isaiah likes this.
  7. Ned888

Ned888 Avatar

Ransom was current thinking and is probably what they are working on until it has been tested and confirmed not to work. Full loot will be extremely difficult to implement as it relates to most all of the other systems in game.

I certainly support your hopes and dreams, just not your attitude. My way or the highway is not the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Mercyful Fate

Mercyful Fate Avatar

Nothing has been set in stone yet.
    Current thinking implies just that - thinking.

Will there be the possibility of ransom? Maybe
    Will full-loot be a possibility? Maybe

The point being that folks on both sides of the fence want things done their way.
    The reality is that neither side is going to be 100% satisfied.

9. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

This was a poll done in the pvp section with a very small amount of backers other then hard core pvpers seeing it. Not very useful in my mind at least.

Ned888 likes this.
  10. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Or at least lean more toward a compromise that satisfies looting desires with a bit of a tactical style of looting.

11. Ara

Ara Avatar

It is up to me not you to decide if the game is worth playing.

Loot and the card game will have to change or i will not attend, it's as easy as that.

It is hard to please everyone and if developers have no interest in pleasing the ones that want full loot then that's it.

There are other games to play.

Duke NRaas likes this.
  12. Ara

Ara Avatar

Yes full loot for the one that is skilled enough to loot fast is a working compromise as Envy proposed.

Lord Baldrith and Isaiah like this.
  13. Dhailen

Dhailen Avatar

I personally don't care how much looting can be done as long as the one attacking me is risking losing something on par with what I'm a risking if I fail to defend myself or escape.

I got so tired of being pulled away from what I was wanting to do to entertain someone else and successfully defending myself without any kind of compensation for them wasting my time. Simply because they aren't willing to carry anything worth looting.

14. Ara

Ara Avatar

I don't believe that for a second since the PvP section and every PvP thread is infested with PvE players saying their meaning about PvP, which is fine.

They voted in that poll.

crossbowsoda and Ferrus like this.
  15. Silent Strider

Silent Strider Avatar

Forum representation is not necessarily equivalent to the distribution of the player base.

For example, recently a Lords of the Rings Online CM created a veritable storm on that game's forums by posting that, despite raiders and PvPers (PvMPers in that game) being more than half the forum posters, they add up to less than 10% of the actual player base.

Ned888 and Noctiflora like this.
  16. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

It's nice to believe that is the largest part of the community....it's wrong of course, but it is nice to believe.

Noctiflora and Ned888 like this.
  17. Ara

Ara Avatar

And that you base on nothing. No poll or anything to back your assumption on?

Talking and claiming is easy but that mean nothing when it is based on nothing.

KingPramus and Isaiah like this.
  18. Ultima Aficionado

Ultima Aficionado Avatar

I want to see full loot, otherwise there will be little risk involved with PvP. I'm not satisfied with risking my time and resources to PK a player only to receive a paltry 2 fish steaks, despite what the rumor is PKing in Ultima Online was always about the thrill experienced with potentially losing all your gear and mount.

KingPramus likes this.
  19. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

My feeling is that full looting in open PVP is lame, personally. The fun of PVP is to engage others in game. And if I die, I die. But the fun is getting back in the PVP game. The fun is not having to spend an hour trekking back to my house after a PVP loss to scrounge up a spare set of armor so that I can PVP again. If I have to do that, I am not having fun engaged in PVP.

I think the dev idea to lose ears, etc. may be a better approach. Perhaps those could be turned in as relics to earn another reward from a relic vendor. The risk in PVP comes from a small loss of time, and perhaps a loss coin or of stats that make you less effective in PVP for awhile. Those are things that are risks of PVP that do not take me out of PVP.

My two pence, at least.

20. Ara

Ara Avatar

It is all about how easy it is to replace gear. In for example old UO (Renaissance) gear was easy/fast to replace. After 3-5 minutes you were back in combat.

Making the game item based (affinity) wont make it faster to restock and get back into combat if your desirable sword is held as ransom.

Affinity should be removed from the game and all gear should be as they were when bought or found. Some should of course be better then others as they were in UO but crafters should make the best gear if the crafter is top class.

ilcontegis and Isaiah like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.