People Stealing kills

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by blaquerogue, Aug 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Heres something that needs to be done! I am so sick and tired of people taking kills that belong to my party or me, and theres nothing we can do about it!!! I think there should be a penalty for someone that steal your kills or loots your kills not in your party!

You hear PVE complain about griefing all the time, this IS GRIEFING on a PVE side ! and something needs to be done about it!

Heres what CAN be done! Anyone that does that is automatically flagged PVP for 30 min or more and attackable by the party or player that has been slaving over those monsters to gain skill!

That way i Can go kill the jerk that did that!!!!!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  2. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

That's what i call Justice served

3. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

People wanted the UO experience. there it is. enjoy! ;)

Katrina Bekers and Sophi like this.
  4. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Yeah UO came to mind, where they turn grey and then you can kill em! It would also help those to follow virtue! I would think that to be un virtuous! Just my opinion! If i see this particular person in an instance i am in, the only thing i can do is Aggro monsters on them! (yes i know how to be a blue Pkr as well!!!)

5. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

About the only thing that can be done at this time is compile a list of offenders and if they are noobs explain the error of their ways and if not then brand them and black list them. im sure several of the major guild's would not tolerate such treachery within their ranks. but all in all that is self policing and rarly ever works but a public humilation might get such members banned from the prestigious guilds

4EverLost, Sophi and margaritte like this.
  6. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

well i think if they steal your loot or kills they should also be attackable by you! (not the other way around) it is punishment and it will teach what not to do when your killed over and over! simple as that call it what you will, but i bet it would stop!

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  7. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Maybe they can become part of the monsters and skill your getting, by adding 200 or so experience, for killing them for taking your stuff !(another monster in the instance) Also less work for the devs! (supervision)

8. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Flagging them killable might be a good solution for yourself, but it wouldn't help low level players who can hardly kill a wolf. Nevertheless, the thought of them being slaughtered in retribution even some of the time fills me with an unholy glee :oops:

I blacklisted two such players, but I'm not sure what effect that has. Will I be less likely to end up in the same instance as them? If so, sharing the names of such players with your friends would be helpful.

blaquerogue and Logain like this.
  9. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Never really mind any of this.....if someone just annoys me I go elsewhere tbh. Better things to do than get upset over a few pixels.

Kind of takes me back to the earlier days of UO when you had people in graveyards shouting "MINE MINE!"...........makes me smile.

Tazar, FrostII and 4EverLost like this.
  10. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Slight correction:

"People wanted the Trammy UO experience. There it is enjoy!".

:p

11. Logain

Logain Avatar

It should influence virtue! The only problem I see is when somebody tries to help the poor soul being chased by a zombie. A virtue hit for a potentially good deed would be a pain. Most unfortunately, people can sometimes have problems understanding the motivation behind an action (was it really trying to help, maybe even if you didn't need help, but the good guy didn't know?), but computers certainly suck at that and there's no easy algorithm/set of rules that would really cover this.

blaquerogue and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  12. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

On the same note, though (and I'm sure none of you all do this), don't leave a string of unlooted corpses littering up a scene either. I saw this happening in Deep Ravenswood yesterday, and it was so confusing trying to figure out what was mine and what was just someone else's unwanted or abandoned kill. There were bodies everywhere.

13. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Experience and loot should go to the one/'s that have made the most damage to the creature or who ever tagged it first.
    Doesn't really solve it imo but I doubt I will ever get the chance to kill those hiding behind their unflagging status.

@E n v y you you are right it's pointless to get worked up, being appalled by people like this is however a reaction that comes naturally to me. I have learned over the years to stay calm though for my own sake :p

blaquerogue and margaritte like this.
  14. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

They will still show up in your instance, really the only thing you can do is block them, then they cant find you! To steal your kills, or if they do it will be by chance, and if i happen to be in an area with monsters they shouldnt be fighting ill just aggro everything and leave them to their Demise (we call that a "Blue Kill" in UO! :)

15. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

there shouldnt be leftovers! Everything is sell-able! You can always ask them as well, sometimes they do that so others in the party can grab all the loot, but it wont hurt to ask!

margaritte likes this.
  16. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

You cant even heal others so it doesnt matter, just see if they want to party with you and then you can help each other or them out! IF they dont want to party oh well let them die!

17. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

there should not be any sort of penalty for this. in fact, the devs need to design a system that embraces avatars helping other avatars as they're all roaming around the landscape.

here's an example: guild wars 2..
    arenanet actually did it right here...you walk up to someone who's fighting - looks like they're having a hard time. start killing with 'em. no need to group up or anything. that mob dies, you both get the XP. they get full xp as they started the fight and was there to end it., and you get partial xp because you helped them end it. - last hit means nothing. first hit means nothing. who did the most damage means nothing.

some people will cry about this for some reason, i honestly can't wrap my mind around their logic in this, but understand that they too have very strong feelings about this.. mostly because they want to be completely self sufficient, to the point where they don't even wanna be healed by other people - so...have an option that allows them to not accept combat assistance. what that option does, is it locks those mobs in combat with that player, to that player. turns those mobs 'grey' to you. you can't help them fight. you can't heal them. you can only sit there and laugh at them when they die, or cheer them on when they dont.

personally, i think the option in the last paragraph breaks wheatens law, but understand that some people are simply too paranoid in their gaming - but for some reason still like playing online with others.

Elhaym and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  18. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

Solutions to kill stealing:

If you solo, play in Single-Player Online mode, or hunt only in Solo/Party zones such as Southeast of Blackblade Mountains, or the Necropolis.

If you're in a party, play in Solo/Party zones, or wait for the Friends-Only Online mode, where you will only be in instances with your friends, and party up with your friends, or make sure that your party members are in your friends list and vice versa.

I tend to hunt almost exclusively in Southeast of Blackblade because it gives me the piece of mind that I have the entire scene to myself and/or my party.

cartodude, Vyrin, FrostII and 2 others like this.
  19. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

The funniest thing about the whole situation is i probably wouldve helped them level, or get more loot etc... but running up taking others kills and loot is wrong, and eventually builds enemies, and dirties the name of the guild, if they are in one! It also gives reason to hunt them down or guild war against thier guilds, so there are alot of options from a situation like that, but not being able to do anything about it (unless you blue kill) kind of sucks. I could go into single player but that just defeats the purpose of multiplayer! Something to think about there!

20. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

I'm not entirely sure the kills can be stolen. I may be wrong, so please correct me if you have better info.

AFAIK, the one getting the XP from a kill is not who deals the last blow.

Relevant data: yesterday I was roaming around a group of Phoenix Rep people, and at times we crossed paths. I had XP awards by things that I definitely attacked and just as sure I didn't kill (I was fleeing, with a tiny slice of health left). OTOH, I clearly remember killing mobs without getting the XP.

And I could loot only the corpses *I* received XP for. Not the other ones. The other ones were "openable" (sp?) only when the righteous owner already visited them - they were lacking the gold but had the typical weaponry for that class of mob.

Again, I may be wrong. I'm up to test this theory, tho, and see if they changed something in the mob XP pool assignment.

Duke Raas, Nevets and blaquerogue like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.