People Stealing kills

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by blaquerogue, Aug 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit Avatar

There again, that's just 'your' opinion, which you are entitled to, but certainly not the opinion of everyone. I think a possible solution that would give you the control you want, would be for you to farm in pvp zones, then you are free to defend you kills to your heart's content. Complaining about loot steals in Trammel seems a little ridiculous to me, but that's just my opinion, which i'm also entitled to. :)

2. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I can see all you want to do is argue! By any chance is this one of your alternate accounts? lol It is my opinion and if it happens to me dont be surprised if you end up on the OOooO end of a situation.

3. Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit Avatar

I'm not arguing whether your experience is frustrating to you, It just disheartens me to see everyone trying to label people as 'jerks' and 'Aholes' just because they don't subscribe to the same ideas that you do. I would have a lot more sympathy for your situation if you weren't so quick to try to make out like other people who play within the mechanics allowed by the game are some how bad people, especially when the mechanics of the game also offer you a perfect solution to your problem.

4. redfish

redfish Avatar

Just so people don't misunderstand my tone, I think the OP has a legitimate gripe. I just don't take grinding seriously as good gameplay to begin with and that's why I'm joking around a bit.

I agree with Thurisaz that the game shouldn't punish cooperation, also I personally think the XP mechanics be designed to never make XP stealing an issue. However, I find it a bit annoying that you can be locked out of looting a body, whether it's "your" kill or someone else's. Insta-loot (take all) helps make that necessary though.

Also, this is one of the reasons I think the majority of the time, random wilderness scenes should be empty. I think its realistic anyway that they're desolate most of the time; you're walking around in large forests, large deserts, etc. Meeting other players, other than your friends or party members, would be like the same chance of a random encounter.

Duke Raas and blaquerogue like this.
  5. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

well im sorry if your standing there waiting for me to drop things and you roll up and take from the work i did, that is a jerk move! If we were in a PVP situation im sure people would think twice about it especially if they had full loot and could lose all. Thats all i was saying, if you feel that you should not have to earn things and just get them, what does that say about your character and being? Personally if i could attack somone for doing that i would, but then again i love PVP, and when i cant kill you fairly one on one, i use the mechanics of the game against you! Thats how i handle it OR i just go to single player either or is fine by me.

6. Nevets

Nevets Avatar

You are absolutely correct the game mechanics are right for multiplayer and the way it should be I have no issues with that.

But the person that sees you battling a mob that's guarding a harvest node and he or she runs to the node and loots it...in my book is a jerk.

7. Curt

Curt Avatar

So if a monster kill another monster who should be able to loot the corpse?

8. Ultima Codex

Ultima Codex Avatar

Obligatory warning about keeping a moderate tone, keeping one's temper in check, and keeping to the requirements of the Forum Rules as this discussion continues.

I've only had to moderate one post thus far, and hopefully y'all can continue to work together to keep that number where it is.

margaritte, Duke Raas and Jackrabbit like this.
  9. Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit Avatar

Can you elaborate on that please?

10. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

the player that comes to it first.

11. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

It means i run around and aggro the monsters in that area, run to you and keep running until im out or they aggro on you. Then i stand there and watch you die. thats using the game mechanics. Ive done hundred of time when there is no way i can kill another player (blue in UO) or stealing my experience and taking my loot in this game. I drag monsters to you until the aggro is off me and on you now, so now you will have to fight them all. If you make it through that you've earned it and the loot. :)

12. Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit Avatar

Would you agree that those actions would be using game mechanics in an 'unintended way'?

13. Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit Avatar

that's a great point!
    Another excellent point!

I sorta disagree on this one, the random encounters are already annoying enough, and take too much time away from the player's desired gameplay when time is limited (as opposed to forced, mostly pointless other than the idea of randomly being dragged into something, game play). I didn't like it in the original Ultimas and don't really like it here either. Most of the time I just exit the scene to continue heading towards whatever it was that I actually wanted to do. With the 'scene-loading' aspect of this game, all it really does it tie up and extra 20-30 minutes of my playing time in the evenings.

14. Womby

Womby Avatar

It is because of threads like this that I started using Single Player Online when resource gathering. It is so much simpler.

15. redfish

redfish Avatar

@Jackrabbit,

I just meant that there would be a low chance of meeting someone, not that it would be a random encounter.

16. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Which is amusing, since the majority of the time I encounter other players (outside of town) is actually in those random encounter scenes.

I tend to hang around in the more obscure maps though, so that could be part of it. :)

17. Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit Avatar

ahhh, gotcha :)

18. Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit Avatar

But can you use/sell resources gathered in SPO in MMO mode? Does that mean we can all farm items in pvp zones in SPO mode an have them available in MMO mode? I'm not real clear on how that works.

blaquerogue likes this.
  19. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

SPO, FPO and MPO modes only dictates which players you see in-game. They are all part of the same game-world, so anything you have in one "mode" is available in the other.

The "Total Resources" available for any particular zone is shared across all the modes though. So say it were possible to collect all the "cotton" in "Restless Woods", it would stop spawning in all modes. :)

20. Womby

Womby Avatar

Yes, you can routinely switch between Single Player Online and Multiplayer Online, and use resources gathered in one in the other. The only difference between the two is the maximum number of people in your instance. In the former that number is one.

blaquerogue likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.