People Stealing kills

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by blaquerogue, Aug 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Yea, from a RP perspective I'm with @ThurisazSheol on this one.
    If a solution should be implemented to this concept then it should 1-NOT be that you can in game profit by arriving late to a fight 2-NOT be revenge on such profit.
    Instead it should be one where helping out other players should be encouraged.

If I see some other outlanders fighting some bad guy in the wild then my first reaction will always be to help. (But also to stay and talk afterwards, and if I got the kill to offer them the loot).
    If the game systems would make helping someone out to be a bad thing then that is not a good design choice.

As is in the game right now I do this for two reasons:
    If its spiders then the time to 'skin' them isn't worth the loot since the recipes for those resources have not been implemented yet.
    If I intend to harvest some close by resource node(s) then you always
    >Kill > Harvest > Loot
    in that order. This since looting make them spawn again and thus they can interrupt your harvest.
    Case in point.
    Was in Plains of Righ Inis and was fighting some skellies, then got careless and got mobbed by a bunch of spiders.
    So a quick tactical retreat was in order.
    While I was away safe, far away from mobs healing up, I started receiving XP for some of the skellies. This since the spiders had procedeed to kill them off.

Xandra7, margaritte and blaquerogue like this.
  2. Athanil

Athanil Avatar

Why? In my eyes 5 people that are trying to kill stuff in a area have as much rights as a party of 5. It's the same as saying that a party should go level at a control point.

3. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Guess this is one reason why I play Single Player Online most of the time.

4. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

Yup, that happened to me, too.

But the example I was talking about had only Hardened Elves in the area - Crag Foothills. Only other players could have finished them.

Spoon likes this.
  5. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

well now that we have all that out in the open, ill just say if im standing there killing everything and somone is just standing there watching waiting for an opportune moment to swoop in and take what was rightfully mine, that I killed. There will be repercussion for it i will drag all the mobs i can and drop them on you and leave the area, ive done it a hundred times, so its nothing new!

On the other hand if you ask me if im going to skin or take the stuff i will probably reply go ahead i dont really need it, and then maybe later on we can party together or start partying there on the spot. Youll learn some new things youll proabably level like crazy with me, and you will also get rich quick. It doesnt hurt not to be a jerk!

6. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

My solution is more about not having to have the debate about who has rights to area A/B/C. In a Solo/Party zone, you get your own instance. In Friends-Only mode, a party of friends theoretically has their own instance (DLMB, feature pending implementation) no matter what instance they choose.

The crux of my post is this: If you don't like people who steal kills, go to areas or utilize game modes where that is made impossible, in order to avoid undue stress. I'm not saying people should be limited in where they can or cannot adventure, but limiting is a current side effect of avoiding that type of player.

cartodude and FrostII like this.
  7. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

This is understandable, and not what I'm talking about at all. This was, like someone was encumbered, but still taking xp. Everything was just dead and lying there not respawning for half a scene. I had come there specifically to fight that group of skeletons, and I felt like I shouldn't disturb what someone else had left so I was at a loss for what to do except go to single player.

blaquerogue likes this.
  8. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

That was one of the great things in UO, if someone rolled up on your kills, while your fighting and took them you could attack them! and since it was full loot you got your resource back and whatever else they had on them! (needless to say there was no Trammel to run to in those days!) When trammel did come out even if you were in fel you were attackable so to be safe most of them stayed in tram!

9. Curt

Curt Avatar

We should be able to help people without they getting any drawbacks from it but how is the question.
    If i saw someone surrounded by 8 bears my first impression would be they was in trouble.

10. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

Haha, yup. That's me too. I didn't know that it might be causing trouble for the other players by firing off a couple of shots, though.

Can someone explain how that works? If I target something that's already been damaged, then the first player can still loot, but if they haven't damaged it yet and I kill it, then they won't be able to loot the kill? That's what I'm getting from what people have said here so far.

11. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

as far as i could tell, exp was reduced, and loot was taken from the bodies...thats pretty much the scoop, my heath bars was semi full so i wasn't in any trouble. What i did notice, was when i killed everything and there was nothing left, the individual swooped in and took the loot. To me that is kind of a jerk move. Yes i can go into single player if i wanted to so there is another way around it, but if while i stood there the dude said "are you going to take this loot?" I probably would've let him have it all.
    because in general i am a nice guy, and he was obviously way lower level than me. It is what it is and i dont forget :), and know ways around the non pvp way to kill off somone like that using the surroundings and monsters in those surroundings to my benefit! :)

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
    KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  12. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Yes, I have encountered times when I killed a creature, but was then unable to loot or harvest them afterwards.

I chalk that up to the following situation :
    1. Player A attacks the creature
    2. Player A then ends the engagement before killing the creature (either by dying or simply running away)
    3. The creature returns to its starting position and resets its health
    4. Player B sees what they perceive to be a fresh creature, and attacks.
    5. Player B kills the creature, but is unable to loot them.
    Could also have been a bug, but I only ever see the issue in areas with large foot traffic, so I suspect it is a kill-stealing issue. :)

blaquerogue likes this.
  13. Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit Avatar

I must be missing the part where Portalarium assigned those mobs specifically to you . . . as far as i'm concerned, it's a free world and anyone can go and fight anywhere they want to, even if someone else is already there. Did you pay extra to 'own' whatever scene you happen to decide to play in?

14. Nevets

Nevets Avatar

Although I / we may not like it, in multiplayer online as well as the real world a kill may be taken accidentally or intentionally. Example: two hunters in the woods shoot att the same deer. You can have honor and compassion or be a jerk.

You can always play in solo or friends only mode to avoid KSing.

15. redfish

redfish Avatar

Grinders' got a tough life. Farming monsters is hard these days. People stealing their kills, stealing their loot. Mobs not respawning fast enough.

Duke Raas likes this.
  16. Fredrick FlameGrinder

Fredrick FlameGrinder Avatar

Can't they just make the body non lootable, i.e. only by the person/party that killed the monster?
    I thought it was that way but obviously not , maybe since they introduced monsters attacking other monsters that got changed?

blaquerogue likes this.
  17. Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit Avatar

Why do people feel the need to label any person who behaves differently than what some other person wants as a 'jerk'? Just because you don't like that person's actions doesn't make your classification of them as a 'jerk' correct. That's just your opinion. In that scenario, it is equally applicable to the newcomer's opinion that the person who was there first and who refuses to share the mobs is a jerk for hogging the scene. The devs have offered MORE THAN ONE solution by allowing SPO or FPO instead. Can't we stop with all the namecalling and degrading of people just because you don't like how they play?

4EverLost and FrostII like this.
  18. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Nope so please come and take my kills :) after that ill take my kills! :)

19. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I agree, and i understand i can go to solo if i wanted. Thats not the issue. Its just in general an Ahole move to do that on purpose, is all im saying, and i should be able to attack you if you take those kills out of party. It would be satisfying and get those involved in PVP who normally dont;)

20. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

dont forget poor people getting camped in PVP zones :) That could very well be, the reason they are getting camped!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.