People Stealing kills

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by blaquerogue, Aug 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit Avatar

really . . . . .that's interesting . . . ., so we can use SPO mode to bypass all pvp encounters or other competition to gather any items that we want to gather, and if we do it early enough in the day, no one else in the other modes will be able to gather in those zones? Do I have that right?

2. Womby

Womby Avatar

I believe the intention is that certain places (shardfalls, for example) can force you out of Single Player Online into Multiplayer Online where you can be subjected to PVP. I don't know if this is currently implemented, however. You should always be given a warning, however, and the option to exit the scene.

margaritte and blaquerogue like this.
  3. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

That is conceivably possible, yes. :)

4. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

nope its doing what i cannot so im good with it and have a clear conscience about doing that especially when one deserves to pay for being a jerk.

5. Womby

Womby Avatar

One of the advantages of living in Australia. It does not, however, make up for the crappy internet connections.

6. Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit Avatar

Well, with that information, I come to several conclusions:

1) OP really has no complaint, as there are 2 out of the 3 modes that will be perfect to ensure that he has no kill stealers . . .
    2) PvP only zones might be totally irrelevant
    3) A small group of time zone lucky people are going to hog all the resources from desired zones, and there won't be a thing any players can do about it. Can't kill them, can't try to get them killed aka the questionable tactics mentioned by OP, the early bird will get the worm every day.

7. Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit Avatar

In UO , which you used as your point of reference, you couldn't steal loot from other people's kills anyway, so were you 'luring' on loot stealers, or just people who were also trying to farm in the same area as you?

I want to understand your criteria, as I don't want to be labeled as a jerk everytime we cross paths.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  8. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

You presume that the "refresh" will be based on some sort of real-time schedule ?

Personally, I would base it on the in-game clock. Once a in-game day (or night depending on the resource), a certain number of resources are re-added to each zone's pool.

Of course, I'm sure the dev team have some grand scheme in mind... :)

9. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

If you go to Shards in SPO mode, it will pop up with the warning and you'll still end up in the same instance as those who want to pk you.:p

You do, however, get a warning that pops up that warns you of what will happen if you continue to go in.

And yes, it's in place now:rolleyes:

10. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Actually if i go into single player mode i cannot run around with my friends, and the friends only online mode is not working! So my only other choice is to go into multiplayer so i can run around with my friends.

I do have a perfect complaint, it is not cool to run up and take others stuff after they have worked hard on getting it! Because your too lazy or afraid to do it yourself! Maybe you are just like that in general, and a good mob death is what you need, or you can man up and put PVP flag on then try it again and see how well that goes for you!

Once again these are all my opinions that were open for discussion (not trolling) , but the end result will be the same for somone that does exactly what the Opening statement said.............OooOoO! So play however you want. Just dont get upset when your character gets killed by another, and dont complain that "so and so" just ganked me! By being like that (taking others kills and loot) sooner or later you will get ganked, and it will be your fault! Im done with you jackrabbit! All you want to do is argue and troll. Oh by the way you also had the option of not coming in here and stirring up problems , just for arguments sake. I believe you are trolling, and trying to start problems in this thread, since conversation was going quite well from both sides of the issue, with no fighting before you arrived (i will be sure to point that out to the Moderators) that way i dont get banned again for going off on you, and they will see that you are causing problems in here!

Heres something you may not know, i got banned for three months because of a person just like you (if it is not you still!) and I have a lot more people in these forums that i like to talk to, and can have a decent discussion with, from both sides of issues. That to me are a little more important than someone trolling my thread which you are doing! try reading this one time through............
    Forum Rules

11. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Actually yes you could, you mustve come in after trammel was put in! When i played the whole game was PVP there was no hiding place. If i was out fighting something and somone tried to swoop in on my kills and take loot and gold i killed them. Theres nothing more to it than that.

12. Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit Avatar

Wow, calm down dude, no one has attacked you or trolled you. I was just asking questions trying to understand why you would call people names for playing in a style that suited them, when it was allowed under game play mechanics. The fact that FPO mode isn't available 'yet' doesn't mean they need to change the game mechanics to suit your preference. It wouldn't be any different if you had said that people who use pets to kill instead of killing the mobs by hand themselves were also 'jerks' or 'aholes' who didn't 'earn' their kill.

My char will be open pvp all the time, just so you know. I look forward to meeting you any place , at any time.

I sincerely don't appreciate you threatening me or characterizing my posts or opinions as arguments or trolls. I have carried on a good conversation with others in this thread, you are the only one who is getting hot under the collar.

13. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Hmm... Not sure why I was quoted in the above post.

However, if you feel I am somehow trolling you in some manner... I'll simply bow out of this conversation now, and leave you to your own affairs.

Cheers. :)

14. Ultima Codex

Ultima Codex Avatar

Right, this went in the direction I had hoped it wouldn't.

I'm tied up with other stuff, so for now I'm just going to lock this until myself or another mod can give it a more thorough review (and cleaning, if need be).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.