PK´s are not a Pattern - the true reason they are unwelcome in MMO

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Myrcello, May 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

A careless mistake... WHAT ?! The whole ultima series is a mistake ?

Goodness am I in the wrong forum today, feels like testosterone nation...

2. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

3. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Don't think you read that correctly, The Ultima series was not the target of that comment.

Katrina Bekers likes this.
  4. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Don't any of you realise how many things don't even make sense in there ? no offense Mr Gariott, but some things need to be set straight if you want us to talk about Love, TRUTH, and courage.

5. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

No, please, don't stop him. He's too cute. ;)

6. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Yes it was, the whole series was based upon your actions influence your Karma. If the magic hand of god *cough* eye of sauron prevents me from being free, why would I even consider doing ONE action that is against my Karma ?

Those mechanics are in because they're supposed to evolve, the vision is great, but the subsequent "I will ban thee thief because you use game mechanics I put in there myself"

What ?! You must be kidding me... not funny I'm really passionate about SotA theres a very good reason I pledged.

7. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Not once in any of the Ultima series could someone ELSE impose their will on you. That was only in UO. Connecting the dots to the series isn't even close to possible.

8. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Besides what Mr Gariott is describing there is a bug abusing thief that deserves insta-ban, you can't zip by and steal every item someone owns... and you NEVER could steal gear... AND the lady could have adventured somewhere else... HELLO... its an open world ?!

I can't even begin to tell how much WRONG there is...

someone wake me up

9. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

This is even more WRONG ?!

Are you telling me the FIRST multiplayer Ultima is the one where you could actually PLAY WITH OTHER PEOPLE ?!

WHY, WHAT DID I DO TO THIS WORLD

10. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

All I'm trying to do is unite people here, behind an UNDERSTANDING OF TRUTH... how can you critisize if you don't even understand the basic math at work here...

Richard is not the first politician *cough* king, to have visions... look up US history, maybe thats too much to ask too ?!

Some people have visions, and sometimes the vision is much more powerful than the struggle to bring it forward.

NOW is such a time, because you guys are FORCING the man to politisize, and thus give no liberty to his vision.

He never implied in the thief post that he would think about trammel... in fact he let the hacker thief go... and the game continued loooong after with the same rules... clue maybe ?

11. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Would you like to read what some of the other designers of Ultima Online think of what they built?

Here's one: The Unbearable Darkness of Ultima Online -- Lum the Mad

"It appealed to many people. And some of those just couldn’t get along. And the game’s mechanics allowed them to not get along in quite a spectacular fashion." -- Lum the Mad

12. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Oh... Trammel... Gordon Walton was responsible for Trammel.

Gordon Walton answers "What the hell happened with Trammel?" -- Gordon Walton, former UO Executive Producer.

"The unforgiving play environment that made UO so intense was clearly driving away between 70+% of all the new players that tried the game within 60 days." -- Gordon Walton

13. Duke William of Serenite

Since this has been derailed a few times I guess it won't hurt if I ask a question here. In your sig it says that you hold the town of dawns keep in the name of Lord British.

Is LB the King of Novia? If so that's great because I can finally finish my RP back story.

I just wish we knew a little more of which kings control which land etc.

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  14. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Can you rephrase this in a language that uses English grammar? I can read the words but it's very unclear what you are trying to say.

Yes, the first multiplayer Ultima is the only Ultima you could play with other people.

I have never put anyone on ignore but I can only resort to commenting on incoherent thoughts and I'm not about to fall into that type of posting.

15. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

No, He's not. :)

16. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Are you guys saying he cannot be king because he merely teleported a hacker thief to the other end of the world not knowing it would take him approximately 5 minutes to go back to bothering the lady who didn't know she could adventure elsewhere ?!

Yea keep laughing at my english syntax... its not my native language so what...

17. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Noone even knows why he called himself Lum the Mad...

this is awful... back to gardening... +.1 skill in gardening -.1 skill in socializing.

AWH I'M CAPPED-LOCKED NOW, GREAT.

18. Duke William of Serenite

Just throw in a period here and there and you will be fine. I am saying that I wish I could turn back time to remove that experience from LB mind because that lady really was clueless.

The first time I stepped out into the wilderness in UO I was immediately raped. Instead of crying to LB I joined an ANTI-PK guild and had the best time of my life in an mmo.

19. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Then you were one of the 30% that hung around rather than the 70% that left. Clearly most people didn't share your preferences.

20. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Rufus did you really have to make that point, I mean really... He's saying he was intelligent enough to UNITE with others against a threat and you're saying... what ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.