Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Player Owned Town Editor Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Release 20 Feedback' started by Rufus D`Asperdi, Jul 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

It is working on the live server too. It's just difficult.

2. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

<blink> I didn't know about the CRTL-Q, CTRL-E commands... That obviates the need for the 90 degree command. The other requests still stand, though.

Thank you, Stryker.

3. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

I'm guessing there isn't a way to place multiple lots at once. Haven't been in to try yet.

That would be good functionality to have: e.g. place 4 row lots at once. Place in a row or as a square etc.

4. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Gentelbeings, how do i place water lots Oo?
    I tried it for 30 minutes now on different locations. Seems i am too stupid ^^

mbomber and Duchess Wyldemane like this.
  5. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

They are hard. Make sure your using the template picture to give you a better idea of where the water spots are.

Gaelis, Duchess Wyldemane and Atogrim like this.
  6. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

No not yet Jat.

Duchess Wyldemane and Jatvardur like this.
  7. Earl Atogrim von Draken

I am trying and it worked on the shore in most places but still struggeling with the pier.

mbomber and Duchess Wyldemane like this.
  8. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

Keep in mind while you are struggling to place your lots... the PaxLair template was not built with this tool in mind so there's not a lot of totally flat spaces. There may be places that look flat but any slight blip in the terrain will prevent the lot placement. This is what's making it hard to place most of the lots. All it seems to take is a slight irregularity in the terrain and lot's won't work. Hopefully the newer templates will fix this and have a lot more totally flatter areas to work with.

9. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Ok there is no way to place a town lot connected to the landing ridge -.- I tried everything but couldn't place one

10. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

I've enjoyed placing row lots between trees to give a very natural look since row house owners really have no space to decorate their yards. Now the yards are decorated for them :) I love the tool and the creative freedom it gives me to layout the town and make changes as I deem necessary.

I have two main concern right now:

1. I have an island and tried for hours to place even a village water lot. No joy. No flat land and not even able to place at a dock! But I trust that this will be fixed eventually :)

2. My bigger concern is that *only* the tax-free F/RF deeds can even be used to claim water lots (as far as I understand). Yikes! Makes sense for NPC towns. But, as a town owner, I want to have the ability to allow *anyone with any type of deed* to claim waterfront properties on my island as long as it is the right size for the lot. This includes Benefactor, addon purchased and acquired for ingame gold. After all, it is my town right? And it's an island for crying out loud...lol. I want people to be able to live on the beach in a cabana if the space is available. And what if *I* want to buy deeds to use for a few lighthouses or a business such as a floating restaurant? Am I really *not* going to be able to claim water lots on my own island unless I have X number of F/RF deeds? I have to call shenanigans on that :p

Bottom line - I'll reiterate that I can see this limit as a necessary thing in NPC towns. But to place this kind of limit in a PoT is not to my liking at all. I would like to see the flexible placement tool allow PoT owners to *unlock* water lots for use with *any* kind of deed. Water lots will *already* be limited based on factors such as:

The template used
    Amount of flat coastal land allocated on the template
    Number of docks on the template
    Customizations made by each PoT owner

Owning a home will STILL be rare, owning a water home will be rarer still, BUT leave it up to PoT owners to gate access to water lots as they see fit, not based on this F/RF deed limitation. Yes, I feel very passionately about this...LOL. :) I want my island paradise to have more than 1 or 2 waterfront properties and ultimately I see it as a huge benefit for PoT owners to attract settlers to their town.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  11. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

+100

This was very disappointing when I saw the release notes. My only founder deed is my Keep so I'm not about to use that to place one of my ship homes... and I can't go and buy a lot out of the store (I had planned to do up until R20) to use, since it would be useless as it's not a founder level one.

12. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

Placing a Castle Marker on the Island Template - it works. The following picture can help you to find the exact position. Ensure you are using Shift Q, Shift E, and your Island map from your bank account to help.

[​IMG]

13. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

Placing Water Lot Markers on Island Template is very hard, and mostly unsuccessful.

I will keep trying, but my success rate of placing water lot markers on the Island template is 20% so far (1 out of 5 spots). The spots need to be flattened more in future releases / wipes. I believe that will come and I wish to help map out where markers are hard to place on these templates. The tool is fantastic! The templates are superb! Next, a flattening pass is needed, and I imagine that can come for the next full wipe in a few months. But we can help point out exactly where there are really troubling spots and have fun testing.

They posted information about this Dynamic Lot Placement tool as an "experiment" and so far, the experiment is hugely successful!

14. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I'd definitely list that functionality as a nice to have.

Once you get used to the controls, the placement of Row lots is quick and relatively painless... The "snap to" adjacent lots I requested in the OP would be the only thing I would request.

Here are 72 Row Lots place in blocks of 12. Once I got used to the controls, it took perhaps 30 minutes to place a block of 12... estimation, as I wasn't watching the clock.

[​IMG]

15. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

... Well Rome wasn't built in a day... :p Sorry couldn't resist ....

But a snap to function would be great and a nice time saver in any case.

mbomber and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  16. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Looks like you have a lot of nice flat space to work with. Something I lack with the only island template.

We are also putting together a list of requirements for the POT editor over on Tant. Feel free to makek suggestions.

mbomber and Atogrim like this.
  17. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

It's the PaxLair forest template... It won't be the template used for Dawn's Keep unless there is no other more appropriate choice. Given that Dawn's Keep is inland, and the PaxLair template is coastal, I'm hoping this won't be the case. I've made requests as to the type of template I'd like to see, though I have no assurance which, if any, of my requests will come to be reality.

My list is in the OP, and framed as requests and suggestions for nice to have enhancements to the current experimental tool. I would personally avoid the use of the term "Requirements" as that implies the assumption of more authority than we have over the development team. I'll pop on and see what you have.

Jatvardur likes this.
  18. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

The document is titled as "feedback". Some of the comments are pretty close to mandatory requests since some functionality is unusable, and I suspect they already know this. Some other comments pertain to want-to-have functionality which are obviously not necessary.

19. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

my PoT is an island, and i can't place a single marker anywhere on it. i've tried all sizes in all places accessable.

however at the top of my screen where it is supposed to say "governed by...", it just has the name of the town (that is also misspelled).

mbomber likes this.
  20. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Sorry about that. Hope to fix with patch tomorrow. Meanwhile please post this as a bug in the bug forums, not in this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.