Players getting banned?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Coolit, Sep 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I don't understand what you're saying, exactly. Can you rephrase that please?

2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Yea, seriously... I read it 3 times and still am not quite sure about the POT bans/Port association issue.

3. Tartness

Tartness Avatar

You said if you could have Portalarium remove the option from you to have someone banned from your town you would. The problem with this is that there will surely be a reason to ban people. Your statement to not ban anyone for any reason is also going to create a need to test your resolve. At that point you will need to then engage Portalarium to help remove the person from your town if you don't have the options to do so yourself, thus associating them with banning people from Towns.

4. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Now I see what you're saying.

Let me be clear. It's my stance that if someone is breaking the Terms of Service, that's Portalarium's job to ban the person, not mine. And just so I'm perfectly clear, if someone is violating the terms of service in my town, I want them to be held accountable. If that means they are banned from the game, that's between individual customers and Portalarium. I'm not in charge of policing the Terms of Service.

Outside of TOS violations, I don't care what people do in my town. Residents of my town have two rules to follow. 1. Don't attack the town owner, me. So that I can carry out business in the town. 2. Pay all taxes in full and on time. If someone doesn't pay their taxes in full and on time, they won't get banned but they won't have a lot to put their stuff on anymore.

I think that's a good arrangement for anyone looking to play the game the way they want without worrying about what the town owner wants. I think it's going to be an exciting place to live and play.

Enfo and rune_74 like this.
  5. Tartness

Tartness Avatar

I don't doubt that :)

6. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I don't like the players having banning rights, I don't like the players having paid towns that they own in game. It sends the message that those who paid will get ahead.

Hell, we even had someone say that it should be broadcast across the game when they ban people. I would assume that this is so his buddies who have towns can ban him too.

People will abuse this, it's human nature.

I think we should be able to ban a town from our game if we feel like it....we just won't see that town anymore.

7. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

You mean banned from a POT or banned from the game?

I think half of the replies here are answering the wrong question.

Violation and AvatarAcid like this.
  8. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

If someone is banned from a POT by the owner, the only thing they can lose is the piece of land that the POT owner allowed them to use.
    Right?
    It's not like the person who is banned is losing anything other than the spot they put their deed/house on.....

9. Enfo

Enfo Avatar

Well - space in NPC towns is limited and going to be highly sought after. So the next step is going to be Player Owned Towns.

The trick now is finding an owner of such a town that fits several bills:
    Can you get along with this person and his friends and demands set upon the residence of the town?
    Is the town in the right location for you (near a dungeon? near rocks? near trees? near obsidian bears? your interests )
    Is the town the right size for you? (hamlet may only have a baker, and no blacksmith)
    Are the town rules right for you? (Love getting ganked opening your front door? Love ganking others? Want to be left alone?)
    Will you fit into the community? ( Some towns, admit it, are going to probably be storage zones. Others will have an active community where the residents and friends go hunting together, ect)

Getting banned from a town isn't a bad thing - it is an opportunity for you to get out there and explore more and meet more people. Use it as such.

Getting banned from the game - GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

10. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Correct, all their stuff goes to a bank.

11. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

How did this thread every get to the points of being banned from a POT???

Banning from a POT if the Owners Right, the game is a totally different aspect. And if a player was banned from the game they deserved it - it is NOT politics.

Ravicus Domdred and Lained like this.
  12. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Right, two entirely separate issues... And only one of them involves the POT owner.

13. redfish

redfish Avatar

Kicking someone off a POT lot and banning them from a POT are two separate game mechanics.

14. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Getting banned from the game and getting banned from a pot are two separate issues. So this has been answered. The OP acknowledged that he gets it. So now the thread becomes about the same banning rules argument between POT owners. Well just noticing.;)

15. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

There is no way I'm going to have to rely on a PoT owner for my lot off my backing.

People are fickle. I don't even think PoT owners should be allowed to ban people from their town....oh look they created a ton of little mods that can ban from their towns. People think this won't get abused and that's a foolish belief.

16. Enfo

Enfo Avatar

You are absolutely right - And that is why I believe that getting a coveted spot in an NPC town is gonna be a priority for lots of people. The issue is - When they are all full.. what do you do? Just vulture around till one drops?

galdrmadhr likes this.
  17. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Well, I expect as a backer that there will be one somewhere for my backing. And not in a PoT.

Sir Cabirus and wasteof$800 like this.
  18. Enfo

Enfo Avatar

Ok. Awesome. So early backers get the benefit and security of a NPC town, Now put yourself into someones shoes that joins lets say 6 months down the road...

What does that person do?

19. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well if you have pledged to get a lot deed or bought one you are guaranteed to have a place in the world. If you do not have it then you report it to the developers at portalarium. I don't think anyone will have to worry. In each new release more land mass is coming. I can't imagine all POTs being full anyway. They are still for sale, just not map access which could be easier anyway because they will be accessed through an NPC town. If you don't have a lot deed then you work with what the game offers as we all do in games we play. Hopefully there will be a lot of interesting options for people. ;)

20. Enfo

Enfo Avatar

The topic was having the security of an NPC town so that you could do whatever you want and the owner of a POT could not evict you from the lot. You nailed it on the head by saying "ou work with what the game offers as we all do in games we play."

I have a deed and am not worried - I can find someone regardless of where I will place a house to call a friend. For new players, some of them might have a mouth or itchy trigger finger and are gonna have to learn.. That's all I was getting at.

We shall have to wait and see how the dynamics shift 6 months to a year from now.

majoria70 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.