Pledge Expiration - I'm Sorry, But It Has To Be Said

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nemo Herringwary, Jul 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David J Thompson

David J Thompson Avatar

I think all players high and low are VERY important to this game. We all bring different skill sets to the table. Ill be just as polite to you in game as i will to Lord Blake Blackstone and im sure he will be following his own "no knee shall bow" philosophy. I am simply at a point in my life where i can spend a lot in games, this will not last long and i will become frugal by necessity all too soon i'm afraid.

Jacqueline likes this.
  2. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

Where are all these cuts/removals and stuff being listed?

mbomber likes this.
  3. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

Never mind I figured out what he was refering too :) 133 is a while back.. I though this was new news..and yes these things happen and have to happen for any game to survived and its also hard to stay on budget as you never know how much a game is going to cost until your there..

This was well warned to everyone. its not like they sprong it out a week before.

I do feel your disapointment though but in my opinion they did play fair and after all-it is something that had to be done..

I hope you feel better soon :)

mbomber likes this.
  4. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

No hope?
    BEAR formed organically in these forums.
    MGT formed organically in these forums.
    4B formed organically in the game.
    Gustball formed organically in the game.
    etc
    Its a sandbox game with an active development - there is more hope here than in most games.

...and the "in this game" part is very strange since the 'average person' has never had an equal chance in any MMO all the way back to MUDs. Its the dedicated and the organized (and the cheaters) that make a big impact.

...and no guild has any actual control over the map outside their own scenes, that they wouldn't have in any other MMO, less so due to the Selective Multiplayer thingie that SotA has that they don't.

...and anyone finding the game at launch of E1, could still develop something organically and aim for E2 when there will be the addition of a landmass twice the size of the one in E1... or for E3 or E4 etc.

Yes but the new news is that they continue with this if you read the next to last update
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=53145
    which just means we are getting closer to alpha and beta and not what the OP was hinting at.

5. The Unwanted

The Unwanted Avatar

In my defense, I am referring to After Launch. When the game is supposed to start. Not right now during Testing. Right now there is a huge clique player base actively treating the game right now like its launched, instead of just testing. Once the game Officially launches, a new player that buys the game on the first day of launch will never have the chance to reach the heights of what the pre game alph/beta people have in terms of organization and posturing.

Snikorts likes this.
  6. Verit

Verit Avatar

When people start on day one after launch, there will be a bit of a learning curve. However, I don't see anything that will stop a new post launch player from attaining everything that anyone else can, even pre-launch goodies which are transferrable. They may have to put some time in, which alpha and beta players will have done to some extent but nothing will stop them from reaching the same heights.

The Guilds and towns that are being established now will most likely accept new players and they will benefit from the established organization.

As far as cliques, organization and posturing.... it is inevitable that while people are interacting these things will emerge. People have been playing together for months now. You can not expect them not to talk to each other and find people they like or dislike. When the game launches, new people will permeate all levels of the game. Posturing and organization will have to change to accommodate the influx of new players. This game is dynamic and will be constantly shifting.

People are making big plans for their conquest of New Brit. However, there are still fundamental aspects of the game that have not been finalized. No one can accurately predict much of anything at this point.
    "The best laid schemes of mice and men often go awry."

I hope the achievements of others who have essentially been playing longer doesn't discourage new players, because with time and effort they can achieve all that they desire as well. This is also a very friendly and supportive community that will go to great lengths to aid new players.

7. Gix

Gix Avatar

Stuff in the store is stuff in the store. If you feel like they're twisting your arm to buy the stuff before the deal expires, that's your own OCD kicking in.

The world is not going to wait for you to make decisions. Window closed and the only one to blame is yourself regardless of whatever sob story you might have.

As much as I want you to be able to play with your friends, the "chinese farmer" business only exists because people like you will accept their services. It may not bother you but this kind of stuff is very destructive and has ruined multiple games for just about everyone else.
    ... you know, instead of playing with friends who will take time to play WITH you and not stand bored at the finish line.

Heck, maybe the reason they left the game was because they couldn't handle the impact that chinese farmers had on the economy of whatever game you guys were playing. I mean, how are you supposed to make a profit in-game if the items are already sold in bulk? Or maybe your friends got tired of grouping up with other random folks who didn't learn to play their characters because they effectively bought them instead.

... you might have caused it yourself. I'm not saying you DID cause them to get bored, I'm just trying to make you look at it from the other side.

I have to be on @Dean478 's side. You have to put your big-boy pants on and realize that if you cannot do it, then you should not expect to receive anything. Explain the situation to your friends the next time they try to invite you to a new game.

8. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

A lot of fun in any game is getting there, users who just find a way to get to the finish line just end up cheating themeselves out of the game and thus sometimes ruin it for others as well. what people do in a single player game is there business though it would be preferable that if one chooses to cercumvent game play/cheat or what not that they choose an area or join a group or PVP that allows this and not ruin it for everyone else.

9. David J Thompson

David J Thompson Avatar

@Gix
    I was trying to be light hearted and possibly mildly amusing with that post - hard to convey tone in posts.

But I am well aware of "the other side" as folks that invest heavily in games theses days can't avoid the "pay to win" drum beating on most forums.

The point I was trying to make, in case some people missed it, there is NO way to stop money from being spent on these games and I am glad the gaming industry is getting the funds directly instead of gold farmers. These funds help make the game we can all play together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.