Poll: Adult rated towns/basements in SotA? [UNOFFICIAL]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Prince Guni, Aug 3, 2014.

?

Adult rated basements / adult rated towns with nudity/sex/gore in SotA?

1. YES - I favor realism and availability of more role play options for those who like that stuff

81 vote(s)
    39.5%
  2. NO - I don't think a game like SotA should allow people to play that way

124 vote(s)
    60.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

***edit*** and I did say no just because I don't see it as anything SOTA needs to implement. We are the creator of our own reality, which in turn affects the way life goes, or how it appears to be going in most cases . I'm not against role play, I am very for it, but I will make my own realities in life and in game. The game does not need to implement that for me.

oops sorry guys, I quoted instead of editing, duh better take a sip or 10 of this coffee in front of me. lol

2. King Dane

King Dane Avatar

I agree with Majoria here. Portalarium doesn't need to add sex emotes, lingerie, or brothels. Allowing two players to be in a bed would be more than sufficient for any "passionate RP" and it wouldn't be too graphic or problematic for children.

3. Vendetta Beretta

Vendetta Beretta Avatar

Portalarium doesn't have to add it for sure. I think they should. All the really rough wild west type places are filled with places like that. They don't need to add sex emotes, and full nudity though. Player run towns might create places like this where people dance in their underwear or whatever. lol

4. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Again, why is sex more problematic for children than two (or more) people fighting each other, whacking at each other with axes and swords and setting each other on fire with fireballs? Violence seems to be ok and considered "silly" and "fun", whereas sex is as evil as summoning the devil himself.
    I never understood that. It is weird and illogical. I know that it is somehow established in the society, especially the American, but still... It is really weird.

Malkhelm, lemonkey, Time Lord and 4 others like this.
  5. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Yet violence outside of America is usually considered horrible and bad language is often considered nothing. We're different, and that's not going to change through Shroud of the Avatar. I agree it's interesting and sometimes awkward. But I don't think it serves a purpose in this discussion. It's like saying the sky is blue. Yes, that's true, but what does it have to do with what we're talking about?

Time Lord and Vendetta Beretta like this.
  6. Vendetta Beretta

Vendetta Beretta Avatar

Maybe you can try to change the cultures. Why do people look at the US when it comes to stuff like this? What if somebody is playing in a ****** ******* country where certain types of sex might result in a death penalty.

(area editied, because I'm sure it's ok to use America as an example, but using another country might be a moderateable offense on this site).

7. Drocis the Devious

People look at the US because that's where most of the money is coming from. Is SOTA going to lose money because it doesn't have adult basements? Could the universe potentially be wrapped inside a turtle shell that is being carried by a unicorn riding a dirt bike? Both of these questions could be correct within the realm of possibility.

Time Lord and Vendetta Beretta like this.
  8. Vendetta Beretta

Vendetta Beretta Avatar

Either way some countries might even attempt to ban SotA if it has sexual content.

**If I may... those would be countries that might be enlightened by a game about virtues, and ethical dilemmas. due to some of the violence and ridged thinking.

9. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

It was just a reaction to "sex is problematic for children". Yes it is, but so are other elements of the game and yet people want them in the game.

Still I think if done the right way, sex and relationships could have a place in the game, not just through roleplaying but as a game mechanic, maybe even as a part of the story - similar to the scene between the Avatar and Raven in Ultima 9.

10. Drocis the Devious

Fair enough. It's really about where that line is drawn. I trust RG to know where that is. I don't trust players to know, in fact I trust they WON'T know.

Gaelis likes this.
  11. TEK

TEK Legend of the Hearth

Actually having a rating on towns/basements I would be against, but whatever you do in the privacy of your own basement is your prerogative. Just remember that Lum is reading all your chat transcripts. :)

12. Jynx

Jynx Avatar

I'm not comfortable with an adult sexual theme in SotA. We craft armour and weapons, in order to bring about order or chaos (depending on alignment). So I can marry violence to my gaming experience, as I can marry it to many other games I play.
    I'm not overly conservative or coy about sex in general, but I do believe that it's a polarising subject. Just because it's restricted areas, doesn't mean the content will remain restricted for long. All it takes is one person to be a troll.

13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

lol Oh and I forgot even though I believe it to be our own role play world not infringing on the rights of others, the devs have supported relationships in SOTA by creating the wedding dress and tuxedo. It is normal that relationships are going to happen in any game. What level you individually run with that is up to you, not something the game will or could do for you and not something that has to affect others, since they are doing their own role play. Sorry LOL originally I was going to let you guys all run with this. I think my coffee kicked in;)

14. Vendetta Beretta

Vendetta Beretta Avatar

So is the NSA.

15. Ted Striker

Ted Striker Avatar

This sounds ridiculous in a video game. It's always cheezy or lame when I see it in other RPGs and I'm sure it won't be any different in SoTA. This sort of stuff should be left out.

16. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Avatar

Gore sure, partial nudity OK, no graphic sex emotes or second life level of "interaction" , please.

Vendetta Beretta and DizzySol like this.
  17. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Avatar

I would be ok with gore, might even be a good idea to put an off switch on it for people who don't want it. However for all the other things....no, it really doesn't serve much of a purpose and is a pointless extra expense for the developers.

Vendetta Beretta likes this.
  18. Knight Commander Tyncale

Knight Commander Tyncale Avatar

Wow, nice, biased poll-options!

"I favor Realism" vs "should not allow people" .

Mmmm, so either being true to reality, or being restrictive, which one to pick, which one to pick.

19. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

What purpose does gore serve?

20. Johnny Black

Johnny Black Avatar

It fulfills our primal urge to smear jam everywhere :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.