Poll: PVP or PVE - Which Are You? [UNOFFICIAL]

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Gasket, Nov 28, 2013.

?

What are you, PVP or PVE player? What type?

1. PVP - Consensual - No Looting

39 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. PVP - Consensual - Full Looting

63 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. PVP - Consensual Or Not - No Looting

12 vote(s)
    3.6%
  4. PVP - Consensual Or Not - Full Looting

149 vote(s)
    45.0%
  5. PVE - Only - No Looting

40 vote(s)
    12.1%
  6. PVE - Only - Full Looting

28 vote(s)
    8.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morkul

Morkul Avatar

Seriously? Then you haven't listen to what he have said. Several times RG have said that the Open PvP system in UO was both a bless and a curse and they would use another system to avoid the past mistakes. Also just a week or so ago they spoke about the looting system and again with a curse/blee objective and spoke about using a limited looting system or perhaps a ransom system but there would not be a full loot system.

Here is one of many examples where RG speaks of advantages/disadvantages about open PvP and how their solution will work:
    From about 11 minutes in

Note this is from Mars 2013 so it's a long time ago he spoke about this. So yes, I'm surprised over peoples reaction of this because they have spoken about this kind of system all the time.

NirAntae likes this.
  2. PaCOatlanticBaja

PaCOatlanticBaja Avatar

This game just lost all its hype... even full pvp out of cities with half loot people would be happy.. I dont even pk or pvp but it added so much to the game.. adiós fellow gamers.. maybe a new pvp game will come soon enuff.. goodmluck to sota I think youll need it now.. people are gonna get bored n alot of people alrdy left..including me from now on peaceeeee

3. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Youd be surprised at how may PVE will go to PVP forms and post, pretty much all of them! Now on the flipside personally wouldnt go to PVE forum "why PVE is great" i couldnt add anything to a forum like that except, to each their own! I couldnt tell you how good PVE is because i dont personally play on that side of the coin! So i wouldnt know!

4. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

You'd be surprised at how many PVE people do visit PVP threads! Its like they have to go there and argue something they cannot understand considering they themselves are PVE for whatever reason, If i go into a PVE forum i keep in mind "I am die hard PVP" and these people are "Die Hard PVE" so we will clash on that! but if its something like PVE monsters to drop more loot, spawn more often be harder to kill or easier to kill etc... since there is a chance im going to be stuck in solo off line or online or stuck with a half ass PVP system then i do have a voice in that! I cannot tell you how much better PVE is than PVP because i am strictly only PVP! Im a supporter of choice! dont try to customize PVP yourself, just play PVE, im not going to try and change your world! ( i guess what im trying to say is if your PVE dont try to turn my world into yours! i wont try to turn your world into mine!)

PaCOatlanticBaja likes this.
  5. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

The most agreed upon issue is full loot.

Abydos likes this.
  6. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

This clearly makes me very happy: D

Look my new avatar Richard is soo happy too :D

acrylic_300 likes this.
  7. Owain

Owain Avatar

Unfortunately, full loot is also the most disagreed feature as well, and as such, I suspect we will never see it.

8. charock

charock Avatar

New here and definitely full loot

Abydos likes this.
  9. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

If you add it up it has a 70% approval rating from all play styles. That's pretty good!

10. jondavis

jondavis Avatar

I was hoping this would be the next UO but every time they release something it looks to be far from that.
    I guess no matter how much these polls favor open PVP and loot were not going to get it.

11. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Welcome here Adventurer!

Glad to know that you want the Full Loot too :D

Sinon, je suis très heureux de te voir dans le coin petit PvPlayers !

12. Owain

Owain Avatar

70% approval among people who choose to vote on the poll, which I don't think is an accurate sample. I'd prefer full loot as well, but I don't think we'll see it.

acrylic_300 likes this.
  13. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

I believe there will be a proposal offering the chance for people to protect one or two objects.

14. Opferanode

Opferanode Avatar

If there is no full loot, there will be no thrill... That exact feature was so significant when it comes down on what made UO special.

Id like to see a game that plays in the dark medieval times with all that belongs to that. Which is definitely the possibility to lose my things that creates the necessity to be carefull and/or have good support. Dont miss this opportunity to give the game the depth it deserves!! (Just my humble opinion)

jondavis and Pluvius like this.
  15. PaCOatlanticBaja

PaCOatlanticBaja Avatar

I want open pvp full loot n im not even a huge pvper n dont pk at all. I love what it brings to the game though so many differnt aspects. I no me n my guild would even switch over if they did open pvp n half loot or something to that nature. Then everyone is happy n giving up somthing small. I truly think if they did that they would get the highest population if they dont Im sorry but I think the game will be low population n once pvers are bored killing monsters.. theyll move onto the next game.. pvpers n crafters are wht keep games going look at uo n eve both well over 10 years old

Pluvius, Bodhbh Deargh and Abydos like this.
  16. Ara

Ara Avatar

Then it seem to me that developers hold hands with the minority that dont want a risk vs reward game and a no consequence game.

They need to listen to the majority and provide a online game mode that is acceptable for them. Open PvP, risk vs reward and consequences need to be in the game. Full loot should be implemented, and with full loot i dont mean pledge rewards but armor/weapons, potions, regs, gathering material, crafting gear and on and on, everything in a backpack except pledge reward you paid with your real life money. They should be newbiefied.

jondavis and Abydos like this.
  17. Yiu

Yiu Avatar

I hope that the vote will be taken into account by the dev :rolleyes:

I dream ...

18. Owain

Owain Avatar

I don't think it's a minority that objects, which is why I suspect that full loot is a forlorn hope.

19. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

I'm sure they will sell plenty, blessed items, Rare cards to make your PvP more powerful....I'm sure you can become a virtual God if you have enough money to give them.

PaCOatlanticBaja likes this.
  20. Ara

Ara Avatar

Almost 75% have voted they want full loot and there are almost 220 voters.

That say something and i believe developers have to listen to this vast majority.

Why should they decide to go against their own players?

jondavis likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.