Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

PVP death looted armor in storage!

Discussion in 'Release 33 Bug Forum' started by Briar Vesper, Aug 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Are we gonna call out all the pvpers that upset anyone now? Is that what we are doing these days?

Fizzlebang and Ackinma Zatochi like this.
  2. LiquidSky

LiquidSky Avatar

That's why you need a second account just for harvesting. Nothing in inventory..nothing in the bank. Not even a home to store stuff.

Cant get blood from a stone..

3. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Also, I have found plenty of wood-filled zones.. I was just in Brisach Maple Forest.. hmm.. lots of trees, no pvpers.. :) I would not say the shardfall has tons more at all.

4. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

I will call out people who act without honor and extort other players who can't defend themselves, absolutely.

The problem here isn't the players in general, it's the unnecessarily high node density within Verdantis Shardfall specifically. The PvP zone in Drachvald which is also trees and cotton isnt as rewarding... not even Grunvald Shardfall has that kind of node density for ore.

It's broken and needs to be fixed.

Fister Magee likes this.
  5. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Running and annoying players over and over is griefing, im reporting OP.
    Impossible to ress kill in SotA as you can leave the zone as a ghost. TOTALLY A NONE ISSUE

Bow Vale, Corp Por and aldraren like this.
  6. Headquake

Headquake Avatar

Yeah your right lets kill the only few thing they have done to help PvP ...

If you want node go verdantis mine , no PvP , **** ton of silver ore.,

If you want ore go to any mine no PvP ... their is so much node in some pve zone that they respawn before you have the time to finish mining them...

Please stop crying when they make PvP zone wich are more dangerous , more rewarding. Next step you gonna défend those who want silver and gold ore in their house basement , cause killing monster is annoying while mining ?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  7. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

Balancing of an OP zone is worth the sacrifice if it stimulates better, more realistic rewards to encourage positive pvp. Why would you want to settle for something that's broken and ineffective?

8. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Briar,

I would suggest that if you are in need of wood to simply chop trees in Longfall (just oustide of Aerie). There are a couple zones right there with plenty of wood to chop and no risk of PVP conflict. In fact, I believe the node concentration is higher in Longfall Road than it is in Verdantis Shardfall.

9. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

I go to the Shardfalls to harvest... and I have always done so in multiplayer. I go there knowing full well it's a PVP zone. And I've done well with some harvests... and other times I've been beat down so hard I was set back for days because I had to re-craft armor and weapons from not being able to afford the ransom. The risk/reward is finally there. Losing sucks... but when you in win - it's legit.

aldraren, Tracker and Acred like this.
  10. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

The resource imbalance I cited was for wood, not ore. My point is that Verdantis is OP even compared to other PvP zones and that's not conjecture, it's a fact.

11. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

That's what I thought all about rewards nothing about risk or consequence :)

12. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

I am perfectly fine with PVP zones having more Ore, wood and or any resource. Why because look at what happened to the naked miner. He thought he was going to run in there naked and come home ready to craft away for days with loads of wood. So he decided to go to a high risk zone and well his gamble failed. Died 10 times and came home empty handed.

Working as intended by the devs. Now a PVE person can just waltz into the next forest zone in single player and harvest with little or no risk especially if everything in the zone is green.

I actually pushed very hard for this to happen early on in the game. My vision what that the guilds would come to these high resource zones and battle it out for control and hold down a zone while the guild harvest/mine. I also pushed for high resource PVP mines too.

If we take away that from the PVP zones as you suggested then everyone will be like "its more efficient to just harvest PVE zones". As it is PVP zones are dead . What happens when me and you are all leveled up up past 100 and want to have some fun? Our guilds may one day meet to battle it out, finally some excitement! I can only pray that the developers set the sage for such events. If this system were to revert to the way it was, what reason do our guilds have to fight? None at all and this game would be a giant snooze fest.

So now guilds that want to harvest at the best zones have to fight for it. The naked miner will get raped. The strongest guilds will control the top resource zones.

Also the OP had the items in his inventory, he simply removed them in hopes of not loosing it. I guess he didnt know that yes you can loose items from inventory. The only thing that you can loose out of your bank is your gold.

This post is actually what the devs had been hoping for, which is to up the amount of resources in a zone that it may entice pvpers to fight over them.

Best news I have heard all year.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  13. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

Or have a friend give you access to one of his chests on his property and store all your stuff in their chest. That way it's technically not even yours. There are plenty of ways to cheat the system... it's going to be hard for them to prevent this. They might as well just instantly charge the player who dies gold instead and not allow you to enter the area without a certain amount of gold to begin with.

14. Dariog

Dariog Avatar

Well, I just read this entire thread so far. I have seen more controversy on here about PvP than on any other topic, bar none. My opinion ... popular or not, I don't care .... is that I have seldom seen anything so ridiculous in all my life. It's just a game. People can and do play it however they choose. I have always been in favor of PvP being allowed in the game, for those who want it ... as long as it is never allowed to negatively impact the non-PvP side in any way, shape, or form. The only real alternatives to this are to either eliminate PvP entirely, or to make it into two completely separate games; a PvP-only side and a PvE-only side, with no overlap or crossover between the two. I am not advocating either one of those things, by the way.

Anything that prevents people (all of whom paid to be here) from exploring all areas and content in the game, due to their play-style choices ... is fundamentally wrong. The way things were prior to the current release was fine. The way it is now will probably be alright too, with time and a few modifications. I'm sure not everyone will agree with me, but that's fine too ... my comments are only meant constructively.

15. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

Not sure why everyone is so focused on punitive repercussions in PvP. It doesn't encourage people to PvP.

Let me repeated that... It doesn't encourage people to PvP.

The focus needs to shift to something more positive to reward participation rather than punishing it before SotA will ever have an active and dedicated PvP community.

What would you rather have? An active PvP community and rewards that don't penalize your opponent or a ghost town where you get some extra resources but never get to pvp?

We are heading in the wrong direction and all of you are desperate to not change anything because you're afraid it won't ever get any better than what it is right now.

Baalice likes this.
  16. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

Well it actually encouraged my guild to PVP, as a matter of fact we are writing up a post and House Serenite is going to lay claim to Grunvald Shardfall. When my pvpers saw that the Shardfalls were going to be buffed with more resources it prompted our General to say something in the guild meeting. The post will be up once we have it sounding as we want. My guildies like gold and lots of it and we are going to claim Grunvald and harvest/mine till our arms bleed.

Anyone that doesn't like it can come try and stop us.

17. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

I bought a second account for just that purpose!

18. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Great news for everyone :) This is the reason why you should kill any neutral/hostile target in PVP zone as many times as possible.

19. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

No, I do think things need to change. I think you might be wrongly throwing me into the group of other players who don't. I was simply saying it's pretty easy to "cheat" the intended system. There are plenty of ways to do it.

I personally don't care for PVP at all the way it is now. I don't want to risk any of my items, so I'll likely never enter it unless one day I'm just swimming in high end gear (and therefore don't mind losing it) or gold to pay ransoms. It's not that I'm not interested in doing PVP, I'm just not interested in it after considering the risk and cost. Losing gear that I've spent hours to craft in the time span of a single fight doesn't sound very fun to me at all.

Baalice and | Grave | like this.
  20. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

If you've consented to PvP by entering a Shardfall, it's not grief.
    They've lived up to their promise, else I wouldn't be here.
    I disagree. Consent to PvP has been given by entering the Sharfall.
    Once you consent, all bets are off. If you choose to be a sheep in the midst of the wolf pack, that is the choice you've made. Be cognizant of the consequences of your choices.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.