Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

PVP death looted armor in storage!

Discussion in 'Release 33 Bug Forum' started by Briar Vesper, Aug 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GraveDncer

GraveDncer Avatar

Maybe I missed it, but he never said his leggings were in the bank.

My experience with PVP death is

One equipped item
    One random inventory item
    One body part.

Fizzlebang, margaritte, Acred and 3 others like this.
  2. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

yes that is true, but what happens when you are fighting someone there that just wants to fight and not collecting resources? It will end up where everyone that has items that cannot be looted will wear them. People that take the "high" road will do so for awhile and then just stop though because you cannot loot anything from these players. In PvE its not a problem, in pvp it actually kills it. Although for pve I would love for NPC mobs to loot corpses. *rummages through corpse and takes a bronze sword of elf slaying*.

Acred likes this.
  3. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

Once you lose some +1 or better gear, seeing dudes running around in pledge gear or their undies with nothing worth taking is insulting... I'd wager that if you examine these guys they're all skilled up to a 300 health or better. I hope the Oracle goes to their bank, and if their banks are empty, I hope she pulls from their storage containers. The Oracle can make it happen!

4. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

+1

DepGames likes this.
  5. redfish

redfish Avatar

@Ravicus Domdred,

If they're there just to fight, their poor gear will put them at a disadvantage in a fight. Pledge gear is not much better than starter gear, is it, that isn't worth much in the game anyway? If there's a death penalty with a cost (say like an injury they have to heal and that would add expenses that would cost them gold) they'll get a punishment for dying to other PvPers.

What I'd worry about most as an average player is the really general wording in DarkStarr's post "We will have to put in checks to keep people from gaming this system by loading their inventory with worthless items or running around naked except for reagents." Mind you, I'm not interested going into PvP zones naked with just pledge items. But the game says "worthless items". How does the game decide that I have worthless items? Am I going have to worry going into a PvP zone that the game has decided for me what's worthless?

But lets say they narrow down the criteria really strictly so I don't have to worry. Its still not a problem worth solving imo.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
    Acred and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  6. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

well we disagree on this I guess. In your quote Starr does say that they will put in checks to stop people from running around naked. This is exactly what I am proposing. People with pledge gear will wear it exclusively just because it cannot be looted, and the same with add on store items. The other players without these items will probably choose to buy add on items or try to gain pledge items somehow to be able to "not be looted" and the rest will just see it as a pay to win and take the chances of going naked. What I propose (in a pvp area specifically) is that pledge or add on store items not be wearable. It would create a fair battleground. But this is just my opinion and I do not want to argue with you either. I have stated my point and it probably will just be buried anyways lol.

Acred likes this.
  7. Mekong

Mekong Avatar

This isn't gaming the system. It's being prudent.

Acred likes this.
  8. Toff

Toff Avatar

If this is the direction the Devs want to go, then I would have to modify my previous statement and now agree with Rufus D`Asperdi that this is in fact "Gaming the system" or "Subverting the system". I would say however that without reading the post above I would see nothing wrong with doing this, I would have done it my self.

Acred likes this.
  9. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

I disagree completely. Verdantis shardfalls is THE premier location for wood harvesting. The difficulty of wood gathering in other zones is painful to a point that people like Briar are willing to go naked and sacrifice 10+ deaths to people who obviously get their jollies killing helpless targets.

It's pathetic to say the least. Portalarium needs to balance this so there isn't such an extreme gap between Verdantis and other zones of the game. A 10% - 15% node density increase is an appropriate risk vs reward balance. Right now it's more like 60% More wood in Verdantis than anywhere else.

Also, if pvper s get to dip into your bank or home chests because there aren't items on your person, I'll officially boycott PvP in Sota. People who wear close to nothing should be easier targets and if you're in all +6 gear and lose to someone in add-on store armor, then you deserved to lose because you obviously suck at pvp.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
    Acred and Zader like this.
  10. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Pretty sure the OP had their +1 crafted armor in their inventory, not safely in the bank. Until they say otherwise, this was a case of someone not reading the manual.

11. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

If you are in a Shardfall you should be murdered by other parties because they don't want to share the recourses, dun matter if you are Joe Average or Master Chief. :)

Bow Vale and Acred like this.
  12. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

The pvpers aren't there to chop wood, they are there to grief.

@Corp Por killed Briar several times and after knowing he was a helpless target told him he'd only leave him alone if he was paid in harvested mats (wood).

You all have a right to your opinions; mine is that it's without honor and frankly pathetic.

I ran a pk guild called The Love Crusade on Napa Valley for many years and we didn't target helpless targets who were there due to an imbalance of resource availability.

If portalarium's intention was to throw pve folks to the wolves because they didn't provide balanced incentive for the PvP community to thrive, well congrats because this is the outcome.

Zader likes this.
  13. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Yes this is why my opinion is he should have left after death 1 or 2 if he is adventurous ^^
    I'm not going to share MY ( yes i claim things as i go) resources if he wants them then fight for them or stay out of PVP only zones. <---- is why they were created, creating conflict.

Acred and Fister Magee like this.
  14. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

You can't put more than a 50% node density boon in one specific zone and then dial back the wood harvesting in other areas to painful levels and expect it to promote positive PvP player interaction.

Conflict should manifest itself in a positive way, right now it's promoted griefing fueled by resource imbalance.

15. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Agreed somewhat
    The way it's implemented now isn't perfect but that doesn't change the fact that OP could have left but didn't. He wanted PVP only resources without risk and expecting PK's to share these with him out of the goodness of their hearts. In my opinion the one griefing OP was OP himself...

16. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Unless I am misunderstanding what you said, it sounds like you removed them from your character to your inventory prior to harvesting to try and prevent their loss. If this is true, then there isn't a mystery, it was on your person, just not worn, which should make it eligible for the ransom. If I have misunderstood, then I apologize and withdraw the statement.

Acred likes this.
  17. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

I disagree specifically because Portalarium said they would never force PvP combat on people.

If a zone exists that grants such an extreme advantage like Verdantis Shardfall, people feel obligated to harvest there because the only alternative is spending literally 4x the time harvesting with less than half as much return.

As I said, 15% more resources is a nice reward for risking conflict, Verdantis Shardfall is unreasonably OP at this point in time.

18. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Agreeing that should be changed but what people feel obligated to do does not make others into griefers. If they can kill him they should kill him.

Acred likes this.
  19. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

I provided examples.

Extortion is griefing.
    Ress killing is griefing.

20. Headquake

Headquake Avatar

There is no way that ''cheating'' the game by farming PvP zone half naked should be acceptable. I really hope the oracle take à look in your bank and choose some item in case your inventory is empty. And even better you should drop all the ressource you loot in the last hour when dying in à PvP zone ( métal , obsidian chip , cotton etc.. ) the last thing we need to see is an army of half naked troll farming the PvP zone to dodge the system.,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.