Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

PVP death looted armor in storage!

Discussion in 'Release 33 Bug Forum' started by Briar Vesper, Aug 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

ummm.... he walked into a shardfall.. do you want SPO/FPO shardfalls back? Is that really what's up? Perfectly fine behaviour by @Corp Por and the OP is wrong for whining on a public forum about it, this isn't UO's split worlds.

Take it to the shardfall ppl.

2. Krasavcheg

Krasavcheg Avatar

Yeah perfectly better. Briar is a resource gatherer. Corp Por is a murderer player killer we all have our roles.

Corp Por goes to where we can PK and PvP (shards) because that is what the game allows.

Briar goes to collect resources even know there is hundreds of other places -- in Corp Pors PK zone. Briar "clicks" the entering a PvP zone upon entering.

And, you see a problem with what i'm doing?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  3. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

For my part, I completely agree with you that you did nothing untoward, @Corp Por. You were acting appropriately in every way.

DepGames and Fizzlebang like this.
  4. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

As I had stated, I have a problem with a 60% node density difference between Verdantis Shardfall and all other PvP zones in the game.

The balance is so one sided when it comes to gathering wood specifically that it makes people feel as if they have no choice to subject themselves to 10 or more deaths to make a decent living as a competitive crafter.

It's not that way in any other PvP zone or for any other resource.

Baalice likes this.
  5. Jackdepirate

Jackdepirate Avatar

Think of it as being unable to get into a harder control point. Of course a shardfall has more resources, that's part of the pull to getting people to go into OPTIONAL PVP zones. Personally I think shardfalls need to have even more resources, more ore specifically to draw people into the centre of the shardfalls. If you want wood with no risk, you need to go to a different zone to do it, its not an imbalance, it's by design. This keeps PKers PKing, and keeps the Felucca spirit of gamble gathering alive.
    Edit:We just have to remember that implementing open world PVP into the game I think is still in the early stages, and using a shardfall as a means to gather any resource faster comes with a risk you accept when entering.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  6. Flesh2

Flesh2 Avatar

Lol tears i love it

7. Flesh2

Flesh2 Avatar

8. DepGames

DepGames Avatar

Three accounts. PvP, harvesting, and main. That gives you two different opportunities to burn bridges without affecting your main account.

9. Baalice

Baalice Avatar

People keep talking past his point though. He's not disputing that Shardfalls have more resources. He's saying the resource split is way too high for wood specifically compared to other zones and other resources. If you disagree with him, then do it against this point.

I'm assuming you mean adding more PvP to the world itself and not true open world PvP because that's not in the beginning stages of anything.

Damn, dude. I was with you up until this. People want respect for their playstyle and then crap all over someone else's. PvP <> PvE. One's not better than the other and if you think so, it's just your opinion. Can we retire these stupid names from 20 years ago already? We'd have a lot more mutual understanding without telling some people they want murder online and others they want a damn tea party. Come on.

Lord Baldrith and | Grave | like this.
  10. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

There are right ways to implement things and wrong ways and so far it's not been done in a balanced fashion.

You can interpret what I'm saying however you choose, but I want to see pvp zones with actual pvpers to fight. If youre content with a throne of dirt where your only targets are pve crafters then by all means continue supporting the status quo.

There is no risk vs reward right now because ONE Shardfall.. ONE pvp zone is being patrolled by 90% of pvpers and the people coming in to take those risks are being slaughtered 10x over. That isn't incentive.

If it were more balanced, and Verdantis wasnt the only PvP scene in the game with incredibly higher node counts than anywhere else, incentives would be higher because players would take more risks, go into a higher number of pvp zones and with a little luck, come out once in a while with some loot that keeps them coming back.

Model sustainability is paramount when you build a PvP community and this one is anything but.

Baalice likes this.
  11. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

Agree that most other PvP zones need a slight boost in resources, ~15 % over an average PvE zone

Verdantis needs to be taken down a notch or 17.

Baalice likes this.
  12. MIdnightvalkyrie

MIdnightvalkyrie Avatar

You may or may not be right about the density difference being the core problem, I really have no opinion on that either way.

But it might help get your point of view across if you would at least stop accusing other of griefing when all they are doing is using the shardfall the way it was meant to be used - for pvp.

(And to be honest I agree that it sounds like the OP was the one trying to pull a fast one here - skipping into a shardfall and expecting to get away scot-free by trying to use what might be seen as a loophole in the system).

13. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

If the amount of resources in one shardfall are unbalanced towards the others, then I propose ALL shardfalls be increased in resources to a similar level as Verdantis Shardfall. That would solve the problem, and encourage more shardfall action. Good for everyone! :)

Jackdepirate likes this.
  14. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I wonder, what is the density of resources per zone? Is it just trees that appear our of balance to some? Surely you don't think the devs would load one zone and not have it comparable to the other Shardfalls? This is what I don't believe. That Verdantis is hugely disproportionate to the others. Need stats before anyone can make that claim.

15. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We've removed the post, and the quote. Let's keep it clean. If you flamebait or troll someone else, as light hearted as you internal intend, it will still be removed.

Also, closing this thread as it was a bug report that's been submitted and replied to.

Fister Magee and Baalice like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.