Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

PVP death looted armor in storage!

Discussion in 'Release 33 Bug Forum' started by Briar Vesper, Aug 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

I continue seeing this as the consensus for PvP in Sota, when focus should be rewarding participation.

PvP in this game will die off in 6 months if things don't change.

Audacity likes this.
  2. Headquake

Headquake Avatar

Strongly disagree Eve online is all about punitive PvP and its one of the only MMORPG that have survive over 12 years with à monthly subscription fee. Last time i log in last week there was 30k player log in at that time.

3. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

It is't being used in that fashion in this context. We're talking about someone who went in to a pvp zone with zero intention of engaging in pvp complaining about the apparently buggy results of his choice, despite his specific attempt to circumvent it.

I'm sure that the result was very rewarding for the people who killed him repeatedly.

4. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

How?

5. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

Oh I'm wrong? Then show me where the PvP is currently in Sota.

The Virtue League is the biggest organized PvP event in the game currently and the participation remains high because it's structured with rewards as incentives to participate.

That alone is a testament to the effectiveness of positive vs negative reinforcment.

Where else do you see 50-70 people gathering for pvp at one time?

How about 10 people at a time outside a structured event?

When is the last time you saw a 1v1 in Owl's Head?

PvP is dying. Fast.

6. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Naked gathering in a PvP zone is not the problem. Not dropping all resources gathered in the shardfall upon death is the problem.

7. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Agree... and I believe this is (or was at one point) the plan.

8. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

I was under that same understanding

9. Headquake

Headquake Avatar

Punitive pvp is good for some reason. First you got more thrill while doing pvp . Second people who lost gear in pvp gonna need to replace them and buy new one , wich is good for all the crafter in game. There is really no problem in Sota whith punitive pvp since to enter in pvp right now you have to agree. Imo if you enter in pvp zone you should expect to be involved in pvp... and there is no griefing there. If you don't like pvp , why don't you just keep playing in non pvp zone wich are 95 % of sota map... ?No one gonna make believe thats because non-pvp zone are not rewarding , thats bullshit.

To those who said that's unfair cause they wanna to go in pvp zone for farming and don't want to have risk while doing this. Well take a look in eve online , there is a big chunk of the map call NULL SEC where you can get kill at any time , and off course those zone are the more rewarding in terms of farming. There is in those zone people who want to enjoy the aboundance of money and ressourrce and don't want to be involved in pvp. Whats are they doing ? They rent they farming right to a pvp active guild. Nothing prevent you in sota to pay a monthly fee to an active pvp guild , so they can came protect you in pvp zone when you are farming.

The big issue with non punitive pvp , is first all the active pvp player just gonna jump to another game with real pvp involved. And soon or later pvp zone are just going to fill with 12-20 half naked guy , jumping arround and farming. This gonna kill the pvp in sota for real. Keep it risky , keep it rewarding and you gonna have a very healty pvp community. And as is say , i really don't see the problem since there is already 95 % of the sota map wich is fully pve with 0 pvp. And there is quite a lot of good spot to farm out there.

10. Headquake

Headquake Avatar

Well its just because right now a lot of people are still farming their skill , to become better crafter or better adventurer. A lot of people like me ( and right now i'm not involved in pvp at all in sota ) are focus in getting some gold to buy a deed or win it in lotery. This is normal , the persistence have just start , in the guild im in there is a few guys ( me include) that really want to go pvp , but since we are just starting to raise our skill we are waiting to be more competitive before jumping in. Give people a few weeks or months and i'm pretty sure you gonna see more and more people jumping in pvp. Right now everyone is starting and lot of people are still not doing pvp ( not because punitive pvp make them affraid ) but because they are still learning the game , working on getting a house ( or decorate it ) and raise a little bit their skill at an acceptable lvl before jumping in pvp ( cause yes we don't all farm 1m xp a day ). It is really wrong to say that people are not involved in pvp right now just because its punitive , its just imo because lot of people are still working on a getting a good start ( skill , money etc.. ) before jumping in. I was playing archeage day one , and there was almost no pvp , you could go to the most dangerous place on the map and still be safe , why because everyone was raising their skill ( like most of us are doing in sota right now ) but 4 month later there was lot of pvp , big pvp guild , big pvp alliance etc...

The best thing we can do right now is make sure the pvp is well balanced , with good Risk vs Rewards , challenging zone , more kind of zone ( would really like to see some conquerable zone that give you like 1 week of buff to your whole guild ) and maybe add some pvp quest and pvp related npc . To make it more addictive when more people are going to be ready to jump in. But making it a risk free zone , were everyone can farm like ******** with no consequence is the worst thing we could do if we want pvp to succes in the future. The more hardcore pvp zone are , the more hardcore pvp lover sota gonna bring to the game and the more healty pvp community gonna be.

As i have said before in some other thread. I think a great think that portalarium could do ( while keeping those pvp shardfall zone in the map ). Is to make a island the size of hidden vale wich is full pvp. With different kind of pvp to make more people happy . Some hardcore pvp zone with mine , world boss etc... and some conquerable zone that you need to defend once a week and allow those who conquer them to choose who can enter the zone and farm in it . Add to this a fews full pvp city , with npc wich give some quest related to npc , like buccaner's deen.

At the same time since there is 95 % of the map , where portalarium can keep making nice pve , rewarding pve and challenging pve. I don't really see whats is the issue. Everyone can be happy in sota . Getting real hardcore pvp for those who want it ( and im gonna repeat there you need to agree before going in pvp anyway and pvp zone are really easy to identify since they give you an alert message before jumping in ) don't prevent portalarium for making good , challenging ,rewarding and fun pve zone for those who don't like pvp.

I don't understand why people who don't like pvp keep pushing to making it borring or out of the game. Instead of bashing on pvp you should be giving suggestion to portalarium to make craft and pve even better since its the part of the game you enjoy.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
    | Grave | likes this.
  11. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

What really gets me is we are here arguing over a guy trying to game the system. This dude is the problem, not the decision the devs made to get us into these pvp zones.

12. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Which is ironic, since they just announced they are going Free to Play.

| Grave | likes this.
  13. Headquake

Headquake Avatar

Well thats don't removed the facts that they have survived over more years then 90% of the mmo out there. Even if its full PvP . Im not hère to argue about subscription fee vs free 2 play.I'm here to talk about PvP.

14. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

With EXTREME limitations on your ability to play

15. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Maybe some are upset they lost their FPO/SPO Shardfall farming zone? :D

I think it is good to see risk/reward in action finally. And in a shardfall, where it belongs! Structured PVP is fine and dandy (but BORING), but world PVP is needed, and this is adding to it a lot.

16. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Interesting thread, I will just continue to follow this and see where it goes.

Dariog and Fister Magee like this.
  17. Krasavcheg

Krasavcheg Avatar

Let's get your facts straight. I killed him once, no Rez kill no nothing. Then I requested wood to let him be and go back to collecting resources. My request was fair too, not like I was taking all his wood and he would spend the next hours chopping to break even.

18. Krasavcheg

Krasavcheg Avatar

Facts.

1. I killed him once and once only.
    2. I asked for wood to leave him alone and he gave me wood.
    3. I left him alone.
    4. I was called a griever , and told I rezed killed him over and over .
    5. I'm mad now over these lies and I will kill him over and over now.

19. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

And this is why there is a forum rule to not call out others! :p :D now what..? Or shall this be allowed? :)

20. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I would LOVE to know, if the OP had their armor in their inventory after all! :D *munches popcorn*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.