Quest Writer Stretch Goal.

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Nick, Dec 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick

Nick Avatar

I miss Puuk. I find many scenes lonely and abandoned. The dev currently do not have the bandwith. Can we say, have a reasonable stretch goal (20k?) to bring him back at least on a part time basis to breathe some life into the scenes with some simple story telling (and quests)? One scene at a time, and nothing ambitious.

Stretch goal items can be the following

1.Player Quest Items. (or a long list quest props) We can bankrupt @Elgarion with this.
    $1 per pattern or $5 for eternal. say rusty dagger.

At the magic press, use the pattern + a player written piece of paper + rusty dagger

The subject of the paper will be the tooltip displayed when a player mouse over the placed deco.
    When you double click on the item, it effectively opens up like the paper. So you can tell a narrative about this dagger.

2.A $5 corpse. You can't have a player lying dead all the time. It can be a public container where you can place something on him. (A note perhaps?) Or make it like the player quest item like the above. Can come in different shapes and sizes. Male, Female, Child, Kobolds, Elves, Satyrs etc.... its all already there right? Just give them a different functionality.

3.We can have a Quest Writer cloak for $10 (yeah, i know i shouldn't, but its to fund a goal)

4.Maybe a Mysterious Stranger 'Pet' for $25 And he will sit in the corner staring at his mug. With a hidden effect which will be added in the later date. (maybe you can add some dialogue to him)

[​IMG]

So while the main dev work on fixing and improving stuff, we can have someone with some bandwith to make the game more interesting. Perhaps Puuk (or anyone at all) can interact with us players for some feedback on how those stories can be like. Yep. wishlist.

Feel free to suggest other stretch goal items.

- various craftable blood trails patterns that go different directions too (blood trail)
    - bloody foot prints. (human and others)
    - smears from a body being dragged across the floor.
    - muddy foot print trails
    - scratches ( in stone by some creature) as decos we can put on the walls and floor
    - chalk drawn or chiseled/scratched in stone arrows as decos we can put on the walls and floor

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    Net, Anpu, Fei Akhart and 11 others like this.
  2. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

These are awesome ideas!

Just waiting for someone to find reasons why this will be abused and why we can't have nice things and how we can do all this with what is currently available if we weren't such wimps...

3. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Yepp yepp yepp. I can get behind a quest writer goal. I don't even care about the possible rewards.

[​IMG]

4. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

I buy 3 dead bodies.

Paladin Michael and Nick like this.
  5. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

And while we are at it: can we get a quest writer contest finally?
    No idae how many times i asked for that one but at least several releases since 20 releases or more.

Gah! ENGLISH! Nvm, you get my point anyway.

Paladin Michael, Cordelayne and Nick like this.
  6. Nick

Nick Avatar

10k -> Quest Writer Contest!
    20k -> Quest Writer Hired!

7. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

+1

Quest items by players... whatever mechanics can support that will be used over and over again... as the ability for questmasters' (and event creators') creativity can become more ENABLED within SotA.

Long-term and stable communities have been built around storyline, quest making, and regular (often weekly) events. (e.g., PaxLair is UO is still running based on those qualities for over 20 years).

So great idea! I can't wait to mark my fishing rod with a unique tooltip for a quest ... something like "Use this Fishing Rod, not the other one sitting in the corner". Hmm, maybe something better than that. I'll think on it!

Go Questmasters!

8. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

I imagine most of the quest stuff is waiting on the quest system rework so we will hopefully benefit from that when it is done. I would definitely like more story telling options in the mean time.

Add in some craftable blood trails patterns that go different directions too ( blood trail, bloody foot prints not all human, smear from a body being drug across the floor ). Should be able to get something out of the butchering station.

muddy foot print trails

scratches ( in stone by some creature) as decos we can put on the walls and floor

chalk drawn or chiseled/scratched in stone arrows as decos we can put on the walls and floor

9. Nick

Nick Avatar

woo....love those ideas.

10. Nick

Nick Avatar

• $90K: Key Themed Weapon Set: Sword, Mace, Polearm
    From the stretch goal earlier. Is this tech currently available? Would be nice if we can have a barrier at the door, where we can only pass when we have a key themed item in our inventory. This could be a $10 item. :p

Works as a nice underground meeting, for example, you need a black badge before you can pass through the door.

11. Olthadir

Olthadir Avatar

PLEASE more quests!

And PLEASE PLEASE more quests that tell larger stories about the world and it's people!!!

Cordelayne likes this.
  12. Nick

Nick Avatar

What made Ultima great is not the combat, and definitely not the home deco.

This game sorely lacks a soul. It gives the impression that the devs doesn't care. But I know its not true. They have been working hard.
    But new players can't see that. They come, ask what the heck is this and leave.

Persistence was 2 years ago. Ep2, if it happens is end of next year.
    We need @Lord British or @DarkStarr to come in and calm us down. Telling us its coming, this is how we are slowly going to spark life into Novia in the next few months.

Why not a quest writer goal to give Port some more bandwidth?

Cordelayne likes this.
  13. Jovics

Jovics Avatar

Im all for this idea! Could start a kick starter for it (like was done with the painting of scottie). someone would just have to get it approved with port and the story writer/ freelance dev.

14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

[QUOTE="I am what i am, and that's all that i am.[/QUOTE]
    And I am it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.