Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

R18 is visually and immersion big step

Discussion in 'Release 18 Feedback' started by Myrcello, May 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Hello Developers.

I just wanted to say that i loved the visual polish you did. I could feel it and see it running around.
    Soltown with the swamp lake and little boat with the new trees and the camp. Loved it and i did see new players standing and just looking at it.

Very important that those first step of new players are visually interesting.

It hurts to read often reading comments on other sites just jugging SotA only because off the graphic and visual. And because of that not even taken a closer look.
    I read less and hopefully after R18 even more less graphic bashing on other sites.

Enjoy running around more and more wanting to explore the world to find the beautyful spots.

The installment of Time and Astronomy was a huge immersion step. And did ad i asume for many more Ultima touch.

Thank you.

Quenton, Gatsu., licemeat and 12 others like this.
  2. mike11

mike11 Avatar

I agree. There is a lot of improvement from Unity 5 things, I think.

3. redfish

redfish Avatar

Yes, even just the quality of the rendering and the lighting seems much better.

4. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Me I play in low resolution because of unidentified computer problems (I tried everything) and well I'm pretty unimpressed, compared to last release I get more clipping, more strange shadow flickering... night time is simply unplayable...

I actually have taken moon magic and even with nightvision I'm almost forced to just go away do something else as I wait for night to pass... and on the overworld featureless "map" its even worse, and now they've slowed movement to where I feel like quitting the game everytime I take a step !!! Don't even try to go in a swamp, it will take hours to get out !

I've taken the shadows off they look terrible, and the grass randomly moving also is CPU intensive and useless in my opinion... swaying in fake unidirectional wind adds NOTHING to the game.

I'm actually even too angry to write my own feedback thread.

I've had a horribly frustrating session last night... my skinning knife is broken ? No its not broken, ok maybe it needs sharpening like our devs priorities right now... but not repairing !?

If you break a skinning knife you're a TITAN FROM THE ETHERS. Noone can break that people use them for years and don't tell me that mechanic was either essential or adds ANYTHING to ANYWHERE.

I'M NOT BUYING IT !!!

Grr.

5. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I agree. Good post.

FrostII likes this.
  6. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Understand I'm still liking the big picture, heck I think I'm beginning to dream about the story and some places.
    Nonetheless, the goal is stimulating those rusty parts of our brains right ? as in spiritual sucessor... as in your spirit will think and fold and fold and fold and fold and fold and fold and fold... and become recursive enough for our soul to be somewhat titillated.

Hm yes I chose the right word Avatars ? In the archaic sense of course... *simper* We're such a family experience, we wouldn't want to offend our young avatars, right ? Hmm theres so much around we might just have a pick-nick...

I just think we should remove most of the superficial stuff, let the alpha be an alpha we want max performance not graphics ... we want world build not polish...

common let your voice be heard lets steer this ship...

if we still head the siren's way we'll get charmed into accepting completely anti-rp stuff like "it costs more to buy yarn than to buy a fully made shirt, thats why you can't profit from merchandising with the NPC"

Yes but this is new britannia, not CHINA VS USA... the only reason the shirt is less expensive than the yarn is because the yarn comes from china or stupid petroleum polyester and you have to pay the PROFIT of those ugly monsters of puppets behind the scenes who made you accept this lie cause its a hobby. If instead of subsidizing those idiotic senseless bastard companies we subsidized the freakin wool industry where we source it, we would have less cruelty, less overharvesting, less stress, less *censored*

*self-censor*

*divine censor*

*TITAN FROM THE ETHER CENSOR*... *ouch*

I'm the freakin avatar and I cast nightsight... not CHEAP FAKE MADE IN CHINA NIGHT GOOGLES.

HEEEEAAAARR MEEEEEEEE *leers*

7. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

I agree (with the OP). In fact, I never did understand why people were criticizing the visuals. To me, they looked good even before the polish. Now they're outstanding and continue to improve with every release.

Hazard, Sara Dreygon and Gaelis like this.
  8. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

You probably have a high end computer and graphic card ?

When you don't understand, you can ask... my graphics were just fine its time to focus on GAMEPLAY.

How many polish releases it has been now ?

9. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

So, you're saying they're focusing too much on graphics and not enough on gameplay? I believe the devs have to work on both and they are. It may not be fast enough for you..which is understandable. They're a small team.

If youre frustrated may I suggest take a break for a few releases. Come on back a little later when they're focusing on the things that are important to you and see what you think.

10. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Yea something like that...

I was told we'd get a full game fall of last year... now we don't even focus on gameplay that will make it interesting to invest time in preparing roleplay and alliances...

Wait old Ahu, just wait... you might die in the meantime but wait, take breaks...

I've been hearing it for 2 decades... and its going downhill from my perspective. Why dosen't polish actually improve the product ?

This is a polish release... another polish release... even if I polish this "art" its still going to be subjective what i'm going to call it. I did not pledge for fancy visuals, heck I still would play UO and be happy... I pledged for LORD BRITISH mechanics, LORD BRITISH gameplay and LORD BRITISH story.

not a bent piece of contemporary art...

[​IMG]

11. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

The release date does keep getting pushed back..no doubt about that. Even though it's going slowly, I'm happy with everything so far : both the graphics and gameplay (except combat). Card Combat is a game mechanic that doesn't seem very Lord British at all.

12. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Thats the thing with indie companies... I'm saying I understand them indeed. I just need to vent steam I guess... to me some of what I lived is sacred, perhaps even more than the virtues... the virtues is just a path to what I've witnessed.

Maybe everyone was too busy to witness it... but I know theres exeptions out there, and people bring back gobbets of it constantly, yet sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who really Cares with a cap C.

It's irritating to witness, especially because I've waited SO LONG for a true Lord British - Lord Blackthorne game... I expected to see them playing chess somewhere.

What happened to the sophistication, the philosophies... it feels like truth has been stranged by the status quo... it dosen't feel like an empty shell because hearth and art suffuses ; but it feels like a hungry ghost spirit has taken over.

Nothing of what I expected when heavily pledging for this game has any reason to be excluded from alpha... its the imagination, the planning, the alliances, the guilds forming, the Community with a cap C.

Just one atrocious example is that some items spawn around the world but you're not supposed to touch them because they obviously belong to someone, theres an all seeing oracle that removes virtue when you do, but everyone knows it. How much more horrible of a roleplaying concept can there be... how boring, wheres the exitement, wheres the detectives and the spies, wheres the thousands of pages of roleplaying and planning and scheming and exitement that happened in UO alpha-beta ?

Theres no robin hood in this universe, its a matrix...

13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

It's coming. Patience. :) It will be worth the wait.

14. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.