R32 Land Rush status

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smack, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

When it comes to city lots there just wasn't enough decent places to choose from really until they created Brittany Estates. Much like Keeps and Castles, in most towns they're so few of them, none of them, far from marketplaces or entryways, and they were just in disappointing bad spots and to be honest not placed very well. I saw one city lot in Brittany fields I kid you not, has a great view of the water but is turned around away from the water to look at the village lot in front of it instead. heh. Decent for me meaning I didn't have more than one neighbor beside me, and if any neighbors in front of me I couldn't hardly see for trees, corner lot preferably (which I got) with a decent view or waterway nearby, and I could find something somewhat close to an entrance and not too far from merchants to buy things...Brittany Estates fit the bill. :) I did however have a hard time choosing if I wanted the spot I took or the one that has the mini golf course in front of it and the nice fountain to the left of it heh. Yah should move on over to Brittany Estates with us, still lots of nice areas, there's one way in the back near the waterfront almost by itself with a great view! :) I also think it was a mistake to go with lot selection before all the towns were completed and were just cloned. It kinda seems hurried and now those places won't get a lot of attention except for the main marketplace area and where lots aren't already placed, making them less desirable places to choose your first choices. :(

Now if I could do this all over again knowing now what we know, meaning we can bind at peoples lots and basically live there in one house. We wouldn't have pledges so high with 3 different accounts and enough for them to be in the first group of their pledge for our family. We'd of chosen one Duke (course what we've spent now could have been a LOTM, lol) and put enough in it to be in the first placement window, all lived in both houses and called it a day lol.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    Mykll, Cordelayne, Leelu and 5 others like this.
  2. smack

smack Avatar

Ok, just did a big update and ran through 68 towns. Not a complete run through but not too bad. 18 towns have stale data, and 2 still have no data.

237 lots claimed out of 301 backers that can claim. Owl's Head takes the top spot at 60% claimed, followed by Brittany Estates 45%, Soltown 37%, and Brittany Central 32%. As expected, very few PRTs were occupied (5 lot claims total).

The last two groups of Barons should finish up by morning, and then 300 RF Lord / Lord Marshals will start claiming throughout the rest of the day tomorrow. Good luck all!

3. Elric Zand

Elric Zand Avatar

Thanks for your work!!!

Will be interesting to see how all NPC/PRT's look during this weekend :)

smack, Mykll, Lord Andernut and 2 others like this.
  4. Coren

Coren Avatar

The way things are going, some Lords got shafted out of the best spots; us knights marshalls will get disappointing (but plausibly still palatable) remainders, knights will have to settle for a subpar village lot despite having paid to get a larger bit of land. It's the pledge levels below that who are getting the really short end of the stick - since town lot owners are being forcibly pushed down to village lots, what few there will be left will be uniformly crap.

zyxe and Ice Queen like this.
  5. Fain

Fain Avatar

zyxe, Lord Lew, Tahru and 2 others like this.
  6. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

My strategy is starting to look better and better.

Mykll and Numa like this.
  7. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

I think you are being overly optimistic... just wait till allll the barons and lords go :p

Mykll and Theleb K`aarna like this.
  8. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

How did they win everyone of their lot claims over others also trying to claim? Owning the deed and your group is only half of the process.

Mykll likes this.
  9. Valdor

Valdor Avatar

I upgraded to Knight Marshal to get the town lot, but I knew full well I'd be at the bottom of the heap with regards to lot selection. This is going pretty much as I expected, so I'm not complaining. It is what it is. I never wanted to be in Owl's Head or Central Brittany so I'm holding out a little hope my area might still have something when I select. At this point, I'm not really expecting that anymore, so I'm now starting to look for a good POT. Unfortunately most POTs are still pretty much empty so it's hard to visualize what they'll look like, but I did some scouting before wipe. The good POTs have very active owners here and you get the benefit of an organized community built around them. That certainly has some appeal with a game like this.

This will all shake out with time. There will be churn with the lots - you still have to pay taxes or log in to keep your lot. Also, I guarantee shortly after lot selection is over, you'll see a new Real Estate section in the marketplace with people offering to sell their lot location. I have no problems with it, but I see the forum posts now....

Duke Olahorand likes this.
  10. Coren

Coren Avatar

Heh. It's not that bad; unless my count is off there are going to be town plots left in NPC towns even - though likely not in the predicted "hot spots". For knights marshals, anyways - I wouldn't put long odds on "just" knights being able to grab town plots.

I am unwilling to trust even the best POTs. Even if I had absolute trust in whatever current governor it had, this has zero future proofing and you can get evicted randomly whenever and have no appeal. The prospect of finding myself a year hence with a shiny tax-free town deed and not so much a single row plot to claim...

Mykll likes this.
  11. Valdor

Valdor Avatar

Knight only gets a Village lot. Knight Marshal is the first pledge with a Town. Not sure why we get grouped together with the lot selection times.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  12. Coren

Coren Avatar

Huh. Oh.

I'm really glad I upped my pledge then. I though Knights had town plots too. :)

That said, it means Knights and below are getting it really bad and my hopes for a half-decent plot go away entirely. *sigh*

LoneStranger and Mykll like this.
  13. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Hmm then it follows up makes me wonder which direction the new lands will expand, and if anyone is placing houses on that edge of the world now to be near the new frontier of the future.

Theleb K`aarna likes this.
  14. Elric Zand

Elric Zand Avatar

there is at least 603 players able to place a house between friday-sunday and I bet a lot of people have upgraded so that number might be a lot higher :eek:

Numa, smack and Mykll like this.
  15. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Because there are people who paid $1500/1600 for Lord to get a Town lot. Well after the fact they added in Knight Marshall which suddenly gave a Town lot, but was cheaper. The people who paid extra for Lord felt their pledge tier was essentially worsened. So all the Lords get to claim their Town lots in game before the Knight Marshalls to make up for it.

Tahru likes this.
  16. Valdor

Valdor Avatar

Yeah, no issues with that. I knew that was the case before I upgraded. What I really meant was I don't know why Knights and Knight Marshals start in the same group, since they have entirely different lots - they don't do any of the other pledges like that. Not that it really matters at the end of the day - it's not like we're competing with each other, unless there are no good town lots left and I need to take a Village. I'd just like to know how many Knight Marshals I'm up against - with them mixing in the Knights I don't know the numbers.

17. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

It shouldn't hurt either to claim at the same time since in theory they're competing for different lots.

From Dallas' last pledge stats post I believe there are 200 Knight Marshalls.

18. Duke Ironman

Duke Ironman Avatar

A lot of the people that seem angry are the ones that are going to try to rush for the best what's left and taking their chances against other players. That's bound to lead to disappointment. I tried the middle-up strategy. I went for the town of Spite because I knew I'd be happy there if I didn't find a better lot. Once you claim your lot you can go look and see if anything better is still left. That way you are setting yourself up for success. Work up, not down.

tazntaylr, Numa, Hazard and 6 others like this.
  19. Gix

Gix Avatar

It's one thing to flaunt, but to use it specifically as a way to charge other players, I find that disgusting... especially since they're the reason why people don't have places they want to put their houses. During the land rush, no less.

It completely shows lack of sportsmanship and I would love to know their character name(s) so that I can filter them out from my game experience.

Sure, it was "fair" and maybe the developers support that behavior. I don't care. I don't really even have a stake in all of this housing fiasco but why would I play with people like that?

20. Valdor

Valdor Avatar

I really like Spite. I think it's completely ridiculous that you have to die to get back and forth though. That will keep me away. That's a rant for a different thread though...

zyxe, tazntaylr, Tahru and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.