R32 Land Rush status

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smack, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Polaris Penguin

Polaris Penguin Avatar

I have even seen someone take a city lot if Aldwater, its the only lot taken so far. I wonder what it will look like by Monday though?

Oh and its not necessarily all doom and gloom, some high level backers bought village plots in Soltown and very kindly setup public access to the crafting tables, which I have used. Thank you :).

2. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

I like Spite too it's a pretty spooky town, had it not been up past Vauban Pass, I probably would have placed there. I bet it would have been a more popular spot for the first round of deeds if that pass wasn't in the way.

I will go ahead and guess the next episode will expand to the right side area from Ardoris or south side of Ardoris.

tazntaylr, Mykll and Cordelayne like this.
  3. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Feel free to consider Dawn's Keep. It's just South of Brittany, and much of the infrastructure has been put back in place. Please see the thread linked though my signature for more details on my plans. If I meet your requirements, feel free to drop me a note.

I'm not looking to have the town filled day one... I'm looking to find people who share a vision and build a community from the ground up over time. I've no issue with delayed gratification... this is a marathon, not a sprint. :)

4. smack

smack Avatar

I have a feeling Vauban Pass might get even harder in the future. I think we all know it's gated in difficulty for the gems in Graff Mines, and as balancing for resources and economy progresses, I suspect it will be tweaked even higher.

If this map is still accurate by any measure, there doesn't seem to be much to the south as far as we can guess. So perhaps right, left or above?

Mykll likes this.
  5. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Yep. I keep thinking they'll add the land immediately to the west in Episode 2, but that is just my assumption.

Numa and Mykll like this.
  6. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

Vauban Pass - timing and you will have no problem. Study the aggressive NPC's rounds and you will make it. My character was less than 1 hour old when I went through.

7. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

I don't have a problem getting past it at adventure level 50, it's just I hate the pass having to run through it ( I hate having to go through any of the control points, wish they weren't there), now if I could pay to get to the other side it might be a bit more enticing to me, porting to home is the good part but if you don't have anyone to recall to to get out of the area, gotta make the run, ugh. If they'd just let us port to either of our homes it would be more enticing to move up there, or better yet get rid of control points that serve no point other than but being a time sink, making me have to go through 2 loading screens to get the *bleep* out of them. :)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    Cassandra Corax and Mykll like this.
  8. Gix

Gix Avatar

Most control points (if not all) have an NPC mage that offer teleportation services.

Elwyn likes this.
  9. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

There's several that still don't have them. Or at least when I checked on the QA 32 server, I haven't been through them all this time on live yet though, been kinda busy leveling skills and gatherings :)

Gix and Tahru like this.
  10. Balandar

Balandar Avatar

Do you have an "original" that shows the total number of lots? I'd like to see how many have been taken in each city.

11. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

On the right of the spreadsheet is a "Lot Claimed" percentage. The cell has the total original lots in its formula.

If you want a breakdown based on lot size, a similar percentage exists at the bottom of the spreadsheet. :)

smack, Balandar and Tahru like this.
  12. Balandar

Balandar Avatar

Thanks, useful information!, But I was looking for individual city information, such as how many town lots were there in brit central. I found the original spread sheet here (which was actually linked in the OPs spreadsheet, I didn't scroll down far enough) that has that information. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EOx1GA2pkKy7200kSKweJ9qnlP4b3eROd570WBKFuu4/edit#gid=0

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    NRaas and smack like this.
  13. Ponral

Ponral Avatar

Those Village Water lots are looking mighty fine now. :cool: Actually, thank you for the spreadsheet and the updates, it will help greatly when my slot comes around. So much better than doing runs all over the place. I knew when plunked down the cash and resisted doing upgrades, that I would have to take what I could get.

Tahru and Mykll like this.
  14. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I can recommend Britanny Fields. Still a lot of open lots with good Locations. All sizes.

Tahru likes this.
  15. Balandar

Balandar Avatar

That's where I am thinking for Saturday night, if they are still available.

16. Scorch

Scorch Avatar

Is there somewhere that explains how lot claiming works? Also, is there a way to quickly get to the towns to see all the lots?

Mykll likes this.
  17. smack

smack Avatar

Try these:
    A Simple Guide to Lot Selection
    Final Wipe and Lot Selection
    Weekly Lot Selection Report

As far as how to get to all the towns:
    SotA Map
    If you know your way around, it shouldn't take you more than 15 minutes to get from one side of the continent to the other...
    ...or stock up on tons of Teleport spells and add anyone and everyone to your Friends list :)

18. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

That depends on what you mean... I've this post pinned at the top of the General Discussion forum that explains the rules of the Land Rush.
    If you mean the actual mechanics of claiming a lot, I'd suggest going to a town and finding an Unclaimed Lot (You can hold down the P key and the lot markers (Stone or Sign) will send up what looks like a pillar of steam showing you where they are), click on the marker, and play with the interface to figure out the details. You will need to have your Deed in your Inventory to claim a lot, so you will need to go to a Banker or Town Crier, click on the "Claim Rewards" button on the upper right of the interface and then transfer your Deed (Search for "Tax Free") to your Inventory/Backpack.
    No, their isn't. You have a pair of Coconuts you can equip that will increase your run speed on both the overland map, and in individual scenes.

Mykll, Tahru, smack and 1 other person like this.
  19. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

1. Grab deed from bank
    2. Go to lot
    3. Click Claim button
    4. New deed selection window opens
    5. Select deed and press claim
    6. Confirm in dialog

I recommend giving it a try before the window. It will give you a message at the end telling you to wait or something before the window.

smack and Scorch like this.
  20. smack

smack Avatar

OH MAN, how can I forget about these! They would be great for my 3-4 hour tours of these towns for the spreadsheet updates...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.