R32 Land Rush status

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smack, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarg

Sarg Avatar

Every once in a while someone slips up. I believe I heard LB call Malice "Despise" on the telethon.

And it's more complicated because LB has rights to some elements. Try looking at the Ultima 3 map sometime, for example.

2. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Or his in game identity.
    IP can be the legal Version of Rocket since. Wanted to keep it simple ;-)

3. Krissa Lox

Krissa Lox Avatar

If you want to get really technical about it, I think EA only legally owns one particular universe Lord British has travelled in, not the enitre omniverse. ;)

4. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

The distance Portalarium keeps from this topic makes me think the opposite ^^

Baalice, Alexander and Krissa Lox like this.
  5. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

You could call it the Spritual Successor of Yew.

Dara Brae is the spiritual successor of Skara Brae and the Druids of Yew. Those Druids had to move and found a nice Celtic island that is controlled by a nature spirit/goddess.

strabo and Alexander like this.
  6. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

The other reason why I chose Jaanaford because it was founded by one of the original eight companions of the Avatar, Janna. Her granddaughter presently runs the Inn.

Numa, Kaisa, smack and 4 others like this.
  7. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Concerning the Map of Ultima 3, noticed that back during the Kickstarter campaign ;)

Baalice likes this.
  8. Kherris

Kherris Avatar

OK, all the village lots in Brittany Fields are gone. There are a few village water lots available as of right now.

smack and Tahru like this.
  9. moko

moko Avatar

I'm so thankful for the spreadsheet, otherwise I would have been lost. My #1 choice in Kiln was sadly already claimed when it was my turn but I've found a really nice spot in Fortus End close to the center of the city. There are plenty of nice spots left there - maybe because it's a bit far away from the "usual" playgrounds and easily overlooked?

10. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Jannaford - Still 2/31 village lots available. I predict that someone from the Citizen group will snag them

11. Travitar

Travitar Avatar

I was hoping for Brittany Fields but while looking for alternatives I found Port Titan. Instead of camping Brittany Fields I opted to camp Port Titan and couldn't be happier. It is a beautiful town with a lot for everyone, quite literally. It has some basic vendors/crafting stations and bank that isn't just a guy standing on a road. There are just a few other Coastal Forest towns like it and if you haven't given them a visit, you really should.

12. Elric Zand

Elric Zand Avatar

updated Westend.

only one Village, one City and 12 row lots are left!

Tahru, Ronan and smack like this.
  13. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

This is really strange: The R32 Land Rush Status spreadsheet shows only 48 lots claimed in Ardoris as of August 13. The official Portalarium LandRush update from August 12 says differently:
    Brittany Alleys overtakes Brittany Central in the number of lots claimed at 162. Ardoris is second in demand at 157 lots claimed. There is still plenty of lots left in Aerie, Desolis, Etceter, Kingsport, all throughout the rest of Brittany, and many other towns across New Brittania! https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=61714#Landrush

Who is right?

Tahru and Alexander like this.
  14. Travitar

Travitar Avatar

Many towns are not correct, but they are close. For Port Titan I had to update it myself for it to be correct, it was actually short a few lots.

Tahru, Alexander and smack like this.
  15. smack

smack Avatar

I think they read the wrong column when reporting the numbers (happens to me too!). Perhaps I should rename Total to Total Available. Ardoris had 157 available and Brittany Alleys had 162 available on 8/12 @ 8:41 am (check revision history on the spreadsheet), which is probably when they prepared that portion of the newsletter that went out later.

Tahru, Alexander and Kara Brae like this.
  16. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Yes, the spreadsheet needs close inspection to interpret the numbers correctly. But it sounds like you think that Portalarium is reading the numbers they report from the spreadsheet. Surely they don't need a community spreadsheet to keep track of how many lots are claimed in their own game? :eek:

Tahru, Ronan, Alexander and 1 other person like this.
  17. smack

smack Avatar

Yeah, the data can get stale for a few days for some towns. The more popular ones are generally less than a day old.

With that, I just did a near complete update of every town tonight. The major areas I haven't yet covered are Regalis, North Paladis, and Norgard. Amazingly, I covered more PRTs than NPC towns! Which might explain why my brain is mush currently. :D

Will try to get the rest done by morning, just in time for the first Citizens to start claiming!

Along with Owl's Head, Soltown, and Braemar, another town got fully occupied: Kingsport. I fully expect these towns to be completely claimed very shortly thereafter:

Kiln - 1 available
    Jaanaford - 2 available
    Etceter - 3 Available
    Vertas / Desolis - 5 available

I was surprised by that too, since I suspect it should be just a DB query on their end but perhaps it's not that simple. :confused:

Tahru, Jatvardur, Alexander and 3 others like this.
  18. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

If the spreadsheet is up-to-date, one of the most beautiful city lots in the game is still available (in Aerie). OK, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but this lot has a view of the harbour and is located near the main square and the combat vendor who pays good money for loot. If I had a city deed, this would be my first choice for a lot, and I'm surprised no one has snapped it up.

19. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Still room in Estgard.

smack likes this.
  20. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

The numbers are inherently out of date by the time we post, sorry about that :(.

smack, NRaas and Tahru like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.