R32 Land Rush status

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smack, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Jaanaford - Down to 1/31 village lot.

2. Nox Haven

Nox Haven Avatar

I guess we still dont like the Brekken Bay peeps since they are still not on the spreadsheet. ;-)

Tahru likes this.
  3. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

I see that town on the spreadsheet. Last updated this morning.

smack, Tahru and NRaas like this.
  4. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Imop Brit Alleys are the place to be if you want to be a vendor. Very high density and large population base.

Numa, Hazard, smack and 1 other person like this.
  5. zyxe

zyxe Avatar

Brekken Bay is on the PRT tab :)

I'm going to do another run through of some towns and update the sheet again... after I clean my room :p It's a rather fun way to learn the map and see the sights!

Magos, Black Tortoise, Ronan and 5 others like this.
  6. Nox Haven

Nox Haven Avatar

Oh wow... I've been staring at this spreadsheet since r12 and never even noticed that the PRTs were on a different tab. I thought they were just not important enough to put on here... :)

Tahru, zyxe and Mykll like this.
  7. zyxe

zyxe Avatar

It took me a while to see it, too! I wish the town criers weren't so deep into the PRTs, I haven't been running through as many because it just takes forever to gather the intel. Maybe I'll take a better crack at it this evening.

Tahru and strabo like this.
  8. smack

smack Avatar

Yeah, it's really mind-numbing to run back and forth in many of those towns (NPC and PRT) where the town crier is like a couple minutes run to him!

Many thanks for your help with the updates!

Jatvardur, Fain, 4EverLost and 4 others like this.
  9. Travitar

Travitar Avatar

I've taken it upon myself to check Port Titan when I log in and update it for that very reason. :) Maybe more citizens will start updating their own towns.

Leelu, strabo, smack and 3 others like this.
  10. HermitFromPluto

HermitFromPluto Avatar

Nervously waiting for my time to come up. Sorry noob question as I didn't pratice this in earlier releases.
    How does claiming work? Do I just need to be standing on the stone I want and click when the time comes? Do I need something in my personal inventory from the bank? Or will I just suddenly be able to claim?
    Oh and do I need to be n multiplayer online or can I claim in single player online (the latter is much faster)?

Tahru and Leelu like this.
  11. smack

smack Avatar

Rebelweasel, Tahru and Leelu like this.
  12. HermitFromPluto

HermitFromPluto Avatar

Many thanks. I actually got the lot I wanted all along, so relieved and happy! :)

13. smack

smack Avatar

Current stats, data could be stale up to 24 hours (mostly PRTs though):

1776 lots claimed: 1542 (NPC) + 234 (PRT)

100% occupied:
    1. Owl's Head
    2. Soltown
    3. Braemar
    4. Kingsport
    5. Kiln
    6. Jaanaford

Soon:
    Desolis - 1 lot
    Vertas - 1 lot
    Etceter - 3 lots
    Yew - 5 lots

The last of the Citizen groups are claiming throughout today and Monday. Will try to do a full update late Monday night. Next up is the Developer tier claiming Tue/Wed. Good luck all!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    shathiell, strabo, 4EverLost and 5 others like this.
  14. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Saw that but have to say I wasn't fond of the last couple of free spots. They felt a bit too tucked away for my liking, but I still like the position Jaanaford has on the map. It is nicely placed to capture east / west traffic. I guess that path is more favourable than going up through Regalis and over the top but just a wild guess.

Bramble I feared was too far north from the southern road, but it is nicely placed by Superstition Canyon. Which makes it seem reasonable. However, the foremost spots are already gone which put me off there. Resolute seemed even less attractive from a foot traffic point of view. This lead me to consider that Harvest is nicely placed despite being seemingly out there. It is a big town and is currently under-populated but it is near two large POTs (Morkradd and Brickport), plus myriad other pots and the whole of Norgard. At the moment I would Harvest as a 'cheap'. Quite a few good spots were still open because the current foot traffic is not high. I really hope that changes though. Point West is also under populated but it seems more out of the way than Harvest.

Hard to get a balance of all the factors. I'm mainly looking for vendor spots: i.e. places that I expect to be good for vendors. Obviously it is quite subjective and trying to gaze into the future (fraught with uncertainty and poor decision making :D ).

I fear Storm's End is possibly the most disconnected town, or perhaps Point West. /ramble

Alexander likes this.
  15. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Love more rural country settings (even built and live in the country) so Harvest seemed like a good choice. And, I even built in a tucked away corner, in a tucked away town. So for me it's a nice town but I don't really care about foot traffic, what it is close to (towns or hunting / harvesting) or anything like that. But, I did just run back home (after doing a good number of Soltown quests and such in that general area) to take a peek on what is close by as far as hunting and gathering.

16. smack

smack Avatar

Yeah the remaining spot wasn't ideal in terms of being centrally located to NPC services or foot traffic from those coming in from the Novia overworld. But it is close to one exit and who knows how they plan on changing entry points on how you got there (overworld, teleport, recall, etc).

Also, South Paladis is an interesting region. It is bounded by and has access to 4 Control Points and is centrally located. Perhaps a detriment, perhaps not. Only time will tell as they build out more content and features.

Jatvardur and Alexander like this.
  17. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Agree with you about the five spots at the back in Jaanaford. I felt that it was poorly laid out and just place there just for the sake of creating more housing locations. The last spot will probably remain empty unless someone gets desperate for space, which is unlikely since we are moving up towards the row lot groups tomorrow. As for traffic, I can tell you that a good number of my customers right now are members of the Syndicate (LLTS) probably because their POTs are right by Jaanaford.
    I'm hoping that as things settle down that every region will see more local traffic.

Leelu and Jatvardur like this.
  18. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

There are spots in a few towns that looked rushed; even the expansion in Central Brittany has a few pieces that look oddly cramped, like the focus was more about lot numbers than the experience. Maybe after the landrush Portalarium will go through all the towns and touch up all the spots that don't really make sense.

Mykll and Alexander like this.
  19. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

I placed Vanguard just south of Jaanaford in SP, so I've kinda threw my lot in with that position on the map. :D Got my fingers crossed.

20. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Good to hear. They are my neighbours. I'm actually a bit closer to Jaanaford. ;-) North West of Arx Draconis.

I'm planning my POT layout (again) now that we have hit launch. I'm hoping to 'optimise' for crafting and trade. You would be more than welcome to visit of course. :)

Leelu and Alexander like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.