Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

R9 fun or not?

Discussion in 'Release 9 Feedback' started by Silverglade, Sep 1, 2014.

?

R9 Fun or Not so much?

Poll closed Sep 8, 2014.
  1. yes

69.2%
  2. no

30.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silverglade

Silverglade Avatar

I know I heard a lot of players in game this weekend saying they did not enjoy this release. I have not played any before this release. Everything for me was a lot of fun.

Shout out to those I ran around learning from in Pvp this weekend it was fun. Exploring if you have not done it again very fun. Deck system is growing on me it takes time to learn that's for sure.

I would like to see some more focus on crafting skills as we move forward, combat is endless for tuning, however I feel crafting could use a little love at this point.

Regards,

Silverglade Sunrunner

2. Akrondar

Akrondar Avatar

I enjoyed this release too :).

3. Apollyon9515

Apollyon9515 Avatar

I only enjoyed it because I had fun playing with you and everyone else who has pvped or got in TS with me. So far I'm not a huge fan of the game itself but I enjoy the community already!

Silver if you or the wife want to join in team speak theirs normally 3-4 of us and one or two stragglers a day come in to PvP or just get some help with something.

4. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

5. danceswithstaplers

danceswithstaplers Avatar

I had a lot of fun PVP'ing with you guys. Ardoris was also awesome.
    --- Black Jesus

6. Apollyon9515

Apollyon9515 Avatar

Your char name/attitude match your forum name perfectly heh.

7. Gaelis

Gaelis Avatar

Had a lot of fun with PvP, PvE and Events. Looking forward to R10 :)

8. AndiZ275

AndiZ275 Avatar

I heard many people had fun in PvP, so the release seems to has done its job well. Since I don't really like PvP gameplay, there wasn't that much new for me.

I tried some of the new dungeons, but balancing is pretty bad at the moment (despite crafted heavy armor and a good skull sword), so I didn't really have a chance, when enemies tougher than kobolds attacked (also monster enemies are blind and dumb at the moment like in most MMOs, which bugs me greatly). And when exploring the sewers of Owlshead, I became trapped in a room and couldn't get out ( /stuck didn't work).

Ardoris looked quite nice (maybe a bit too large without mounts). Some sort of public transport for a small fee would be appreciated (like big carriages, where up to 30 people can take place; or a ferry for river/island cities).
    The card combat looks promising (combos are a bit too laborious and distract from what's happening at the moment).

So did I have fun? Not really, but it's still Alpha, so we aren't suppose to have fun :p

Cheers,
    Andreas

9. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I like the combat system, but there are two things that really mess it up for competitive play.

1) Spells should require reagents to cast.
    2) Combat focuses too much on damage and cool downs. As much as I LOVE the deck system, I hate the implementation of damage and cool downs. Every skill and every spell is just a bunch of damage multipliers. It takes this brilliant deck system and waters it down until it's as bland as all the other games. What combat needs is to throw out all the numbers, stop thinking in terms of damage and cool downs and get innovative. Less quantitative, more qualitative.

If we want to reward stupid "best builds" - keep doing what we're doing. If we want people to have to think, we need serious changes. I've outlined my suggestions elsewhere.

10. redfish

redfish Avatar

And the more quantitative it is, the more its just a more controlled form of button mashing.

You ultimately want the player to think about what he's doing.

11. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Exactly. Right now (and please don't give me it's pre-alpha) the combat is just I do X damage, I root or stun, and my opponent does Y damage. Too many numbers. We don't need ANY numbers. This could be a great combat system with ZERO numbers. (none shown, none used, none required)

Lord Baldrith and Kaisa like this.
  12. Mata

Mata Avatar

Andreas, "/zone Mata" hat vor ein paar Tagen schon einmal jemanden, seit 2 Tagen im Clink festsitzenden, gerettet. ;D

Sir Cabirus and AndiZ275 like this.
  13. danceswithstaplers

danceswithstaplers Avatar

Normally I'm not interested in PVP, but since that was about the only thing being introduced for the past two releases, I decided to completely dive into it, and I surprised myself by really enjoying it. I might even keep at it once we go live and the consequences start kicking in. (We'll see, I tend to be a big puss.) Coming up with a deck, testing it out, analyzing what went wrong, making changes, and going back at it I found to be really mentally stimulating. Otherwise I'm sure I would've been bored and not put in much time. The combat is what is functional now. The heart of the crafting and economy is still to come.

14. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

I had much fun this time. I'm still pretty bad at pvp but improved. Met many new faces. Challenged the item limits of lots. Took part in so many community events during the first R9 opening, that I could hardly do anything else. I think combat will become better when more skills are in and everythng surrounding combat, like repair and some more balancing.

15. Lord Lonn

Lord Lonn Avatar

Yes I had a lot of FUN... made a lot of new friends
    Finally did some PvP and didn't do all that bad once I finally figured out some kind of Deck I could work with. I just need to work more on the mechanics of the game. My habit is to use the Track Ball and click the buttons, but I still take my eye off the screen too much. So the only answer is to play it more and adapt my play style or change it...
    But yes I had fun :cool:

edit: which also changes my opinion in the poll at that point I was disappointed, AT this time i'm not.... sorry Smack

16. Arianna

Arianna Avatar

I had lots of fun:) I got to adventure with my friends, and made some new ones too. I attended quite a few of the community events, the Callander is quite full now with so much going on.
    I also had a good go at PvP this time, and with guidance from others I was able to put up a good fight:)
    This has been the best release for me so far:cool:

17. Silverglade

Silverglade Avatar

I enjoyed meeting everyone. I hope to see a lot more activity in R10 that was my only disappointment. However as a second look at R9 and a holiday weekend I guess that's to be expected. I even have a lich hunting expedition planned, apparently I have yet to see all the untold horror the dark holds below the cities, I look forward to that.

18. Greymarch

Greymarch Avatar

It was okay.

I'm really going to be in this game for the story and world, even though I'm a wpvp player in other games the combat system here doesn't really "grab" me in the same way. I mean I think it works alright, just doesn't inspire me or anything.

misterrich likes this.
  19. misterrich

misterrich Avatar

I don't like to be negative, but I'm with Greymarch.... combat system needs a complete overhaul. Ditch the card system.

Apollyon9515 and Kal Alyenare like this.
  20. Jynx

Jynx Avatar

Exactly this. I made good friends and received a lot of advice about combat. Tried pvp for the first time and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. If this is any indication of release 10 and the rest to come, I simply can't wait! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.