Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Recall teleport with over weight

Discussion in 'Release 27 Feedback Forum' started by Cirsee, Mar 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

Now I know there are a lot of people that want to make the game travel tough. I understand your point here, but I have noticed that I can't even recall to my bind point when even slightly over weight.

My bind point should allow this for several reasons:
    1. I am moving my house.
    2. I want to store my day's worth of gathering in my house
    3. I am just plain done playing for the day and need to log out and prefer to do it at my house
    4. I need to get back to my crafting station for myself or friends quickly to help them make/salvage/repair something.
    5. Guild gathering place in your guild town for preparation for events/groups/raids, etc.

Now with this I can understand a reasonable timer to keep from exploiting a quicker back travel, but unless you link all banks, the over weight feature is just a burden on having a bind point to your property or close to a bank. Otherwise I can just travel to tons of friends on my list. I think the recall should have a true benefit for storage purposes at least.

2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

they have already said they are working on ways to move large quantities

stratigos, Leelu, Time Lord and 2 others like this.
  3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Personally, I think the moment you're encumbered your focus regen rate should decrease. The more you're encumbered the more it should decrease until you can't move. Currently I think you have to be 75% encumbered before that happens and even for someone with 10 strength that means you can carry about like 1000 lbs. of junk and still move slowly.

In other words, I wish the encumbrance penalty was far more restrictive and that includes teleportation. Don't want this restriction? Don't be encumbered.

KuBaTRiZeS, Onyx2, stratigos and 5 others like this.
  4. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Unless you need move all furniture from your castle in Rat's Nest to another castle in Rat's Nest 2.0.

I myself experienced the pain of having to haul out stuff multiple times to move the goodies from one POT to another. Getting client crashed several time and lost teleport/recall scrolls wasn't helping either. But as Grumpie said, the dev is working on getting a nifty way to transport a large quantities of items. We'll just have to wait and see, I guess.

Leelu, Time Lord and FrostII like this.
  5. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

en·cum·ber
    inˈkəmbər,enˈkəmbər/
    verb
    past tense: encumbered; past participle: encumbered
    restrict or burden (someone or something) in such a way that free action or movement is difficult.
    "she was encumbered by her heavy skirts"
    synonyms: hamper, hinder, obstruct, impede, cramp, inhibit, restrict, limit, constrain, restrain, bog down, retard, slow (down);More
    inconvenience, disadvantage, handicap
    "her movements were encumbered by her heavy skirts"
    • saddle (a person or estate) with a debt or mortgage.
      "an estate heavily encumbered with debt"
    • fill or block up (a place).
      "we tripped over sticks and stones, which encumber most of the trail"
    ~Encumbered vs Sil Rel Por~
    I like the meaning of the word Encumber... "It should keep it's meaning" ;)
    Need to move your house? How many times in real life have you needed help with that? = "House moving party"
    Need me to come fix something for you? = come help me carry all this or I can't recall or teleport... o_O
    Have an event? = "Plan ahead of time"

Destroy or discard something until you're not encumbered.... "is greed a virtue?" :confused:

Being encumbered should mean what it means... :( But that's just my view about it :D
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

KuBaTRiZeS, Onyx2, stratigos and 6 others like this.
  6. Sophi

Sophi Avatar

i want a horse-drawn moving van please!
    LOL

Womby, 4EverLost, Lace and 3 others like this.
  7. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

They should totally just charge you double the reagents to sell you the extra roomy seat on the Recall spell :p

8. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

Not everyone has a big group of buddies they want to trust with all their household belongings. I think it is unfair to have to make moving a house a group event for every player in the game. Nor is it fun to make 50 trips to your house across the map because animal hides weight too much. That isn't hindrance, it is tedium. Encumbrance is not a synonym of tedium. You are still being slowed down and stat reduced until you can travel; so that is not being altered by returning to one's house once every 30 minutes say.

Wilfred, 4EverLost, Leelu and 2 others like this.
  9. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

That will be "Magic Movers" itll be the ability to pack up your entire house and leave all the deco as is then place it elsewhere and all the deco remains where it was.

They wont take away the no tele while encumbered, and they shouldn't.
    You should plan for these things, don't gather more than you can carry, train up increase your carry weight and progress like that.
    If you want to carry more than, be prepared with str potions or just your str buffs that allow you to carry a bit more.

And yes add timers to tele/recall, they have to...

10. Andrew Rodrick

Andrew Rodrick Avatar

Personally I feel the travel system as it is right now doesn't go far enough to make people consider if they should use a teleport scroll or undertake the actual journey, its far too convenient even with the current restrictions. On a side note it's going to be interesting to see if you will be able to teleport past a control point as this would completely defeat there purpose in my opinion.

110% agree!

11. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

I believe the issue is one of controlled game play. People are not going to be forced into playing in a controlled way. They will just not play, they will just hang it up. The issue is making this in such a way that it is not perceived as being a forced way to play. Until now this hasn't been an issue, but the subconscious mind is a tricky thing, and containment brings out the worst in everyone. I can understand this will increase the frustration levels intensely, the angrier a player gets the less they play. People do get antsy. For sustainability everything must be looked at from every angle, not just blown over because it doesn't fit popular opinion. As I hear very frequently, every opinion has value. As for me I have plenty of time and more than enough patience. Some just do not, and those are the ones we do not need to lose as this game needs to be viable for quite a long time. :rolleyes:

Womby, Lord Dreamo, Cianna and 6 others like this.
  12. Krohon

Krohon Avatar

This is already working in game.

As for the teleport issue, I believe the scrolls should be rated to the max weight they can teleport.

E.g. we should be able to buy 100 st. scrolls, 200 st. scrolls, and so on.

Assuming the scroll and the magic in it "knows" your weight and your strength, can calculate the max weight you can carry, and adapt to it; is somehow immersion breaker. Like boarding a plane without weighting the luggage and magically be billed for its weight.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
    Time Lord likes this.
  13. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:oops:~Possible Solution~

As some here have pointed to, it's a matter of how much $Gold in value to be able to transport anything. I think this could be done through the banks charging too much Gold for the transport in order for it not to be commercially viable for common transport from one bank to another.

Such mass transport should never be profitable in any... The Britannia Moving Company does sound like the best solution ;)
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Miracle Dragon, 4EverLost and Sophi like this.
  14. Sophi

Sophi Avatar

oh right!!! i had forgotten all about that feature - awesome!
    thanks for the reminder Leo!!

15. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

I believe you are supposed to gather resources near your house so you don't have that far to go. In the game's current state, not all the scenes are filled out so you could be forced to go rather far to move stuff. This is also part of the strategy, namely, to select a location close to resources you will be gathering in large quantities for your chosen profession. I like the idea of being forced to consider if an item is really valuable enough to carry it to your house. No more of this just collect everything. You have to make choices.
    This will also make for some interesting game play. For example, I could stand in a popular scene and purchase scrap weapons saving people the trip to sell them.
    My method is to drop off items that make me overweight at a nearby bank and just grab them later when I come through the area. But, I find that I don't save everything like I used to. I just leave the 10lb two-handed swords because it's just not worth it for my mage with low strength to carry them.

16. Drocis the Devious

I don't think that's true. Encumbrance is impacting regen rate only when you're REALLY encumbered. I have a very high INT which may be helping me there because my focus regen rate is fairly high, but this is not the norm. You really have to have like 800 lbs. or some other absurd weight before your focus is impacted by encumbrance in a meaningful way. Even then, you don't stop moving until you have 1000's of lbs in your inventory. That's wrong, imo.

17. Drocis the Devious

It's supposed to be painful to move heavy stuff. I know it's not "fun" but it's not supposed to be. The end result of a "fun" system at the micro level of ONE person is that it ruins the economy for everyone. So unfortunately allowing people to move everything at once is not a good option.

18. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

When we were kids, and we had a sandbox, we just played, and never once thought about the economy.:(

Xandra7, Cirsee, Ice Queen and 7 others like this.
  19. Drocis the Devious

But then we grew up and our games became more complex because we were no longer kids. Which is why you're here and not playing in a real sandbox.

I was explaining this very thing to my 12 year old boy that was telling me how Pokemon needed to have more sophisticated plot lines because it was getting boring. I had to explain to him that Pokemon has always been boring and that he was simply growing out of it.

Miracle Dragon, Time Lord and Krohon like this.
  20. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

@Budner Don't worry I will build a special sandbox at my lot where we can play and have some fun.;);)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.