1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Recognizing Our Original Backers

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Feb 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

I'm sorry, you're right, it was the lighthouse and the crossbow. Early founder, Royal founder, founder tier.. is it just me? :p thanks again.

Akeashar likes this.
  2. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

I am sure there will be more confusion to come. Especially for those who don't read the forums daily.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  3. 3devious

3devious Avatar

Meh.

BillRoy [ab] likes this.
  4. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

I suggest we look at this situation differently.

All of us who pledged, be it early or late, did so because we believed in this game and wanted it to succeed. Portalarium, in turn, expressed their "thanks" by giving us "rewards". These rewards are digital in nature, and are items that can be accumulated in game anyway, with game currency.

If you do a cost-benefit analysis on what you gave vs what you get, you will be unhappy. The Lord's house is supposedly better than the knight's house (OK, it's on a city lot) but I actually like the knight's house better. And, grand though the Lord of the Manor house may be, you can't tell me that it is TWENTY TIMES better than a citizen house. It's Portalarium's way of saying "thanks" to someone who was incredibly generous.

This is not a business transaction. It is donating to help fund a game's development. If you get some goodies in return, well and good. Be aware that those goodies, even houses, represent zero cost to the company (once development costs have been accounted for). It costs no extra to allocate an extra house to someone - you've already written the code.

I can foresee a situation where I am in my lovely knight's house, that I "paid" $800 for, and six months down the track someone builds an identical house next door, with money they have accumulated in game. Their total outlay - -$45!! And I am totally OK with that - I have not "bought a house" - I have "contributed to a game".

IMHO Portalarium are sincerely trying to keep everyone happy while acknowledging and recognizing the people who had faith in the project and pledged at an early stage. I say Bravo, and best of luck to them!!

I plan to enjoy this awesome Ultima style experience, starting off with zero experience points - as does everyone else, including the Lord of the Manor - and whatever I don't have I will try to accumulate.

5. Myth2

Myth2 Avatar

The mix of cynicism and acceptance in this quote fits your avatar well:
    [​IMG]

6. DyNaMiX

DyNaMiX Avatar

Please let there be a two-handed founder sword! :(

7. Alicedelic

Alicedelic Avatar

I couldn't believe it's been already so long! I'm glad to hear I'm a Royal Founder. Can't wait to see where this is going.

8. valanis

valanis Avatar

Argl, I am a few days late ...
    Did not hear about the project earlier ...

9. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

You are not to late....

10. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Hey guys, just made the addition to the wiki to help identify exactly who gets what. I've had a couple people look it over but no official devs have verified the information yet... if you see an error with a reward being offered at the wrong level just give me an inbox and I will verify/fix any issues.

http://sotawiki.net/sota/Royal_Founder_Pledge_Rewards

Cheers!

11. valanis

valanis Avatar

Sorry, not for the game, but for the "original" status ...

12. Doji

Doji Avatar

At the 'Collector' level, I'll get the option of 2 of the pets? Never even noticed that when I pledged. Can't wait!

PS - I sense a disturbance in the force... as if a million voices whined about first world problems at once... and then never shut up. :)

13. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

This is going to sound mildly ungrateful... but the blue shield looks awesome while the white one is... m'eh. Any chance you could add a little bit more "magic"? It is supposed to be a Royal Founder's shield. Perhaps a gilded edge of gold too? Perhaps some intricate patterns too?

Maybe it's just me. :p

14. Ao Soliwilos

Ao Soliwilos Avatar

I think the royal founder white shield as displayed here was made quickly just to show us, since you can see that the blue one has better shading and the edges are smoother. With the white royal founder shield you can see there are jagged edges and no shading which makes the white "centre" seem less vibrant and a bit flat. I believe we will see a more polished version when they finish it. :)

However, I might be inclined to agree with you, that it could be nice with an additional difference setting them a little more apart besides just the colour. We will be able to dye our equipment, and for normal equipment at least, colour is something everyone would be able to change.

Jatvardur likes this.
  15. Erendyl

Erendyl Avatar

A really nice decision! I've a question, anyway: I was a second responder, then I have updated my tier more times. Now I am a collector. Do I remain a Royal Founder, being the same second responder, or did my upgrade interfer with it?
    Thanks!

16. monxter

monxter Avatar

First pledge counts, I reckon :)

17. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

If you donated to the game before May 20th 2013 then you are a Founder Early Royal Founder and nothing can change that.

18. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Funny, I thought the blue looked m'eh, and the white one looked absolutely awesome. I hope it stays exactly like it is.

Deliverence, BillRoy [ab] and monxter like this.
  19. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

I'm not normally a fan of things painted white, but it did look way better.;)

Mod Edited.

20. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

If that's the case ONLY a royal founder can gift founder status to anyone else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.