1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Recognizing Our Original Backers

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Feb 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mystic

Mystic Avatar

As you can probably tell, a lot of the posts have been removed from this thread as it was thrown so far off topic there was no other way around. If you had something written you wanted the devs to see, then you shouldn't worry as they can still see every post that was made. However, the insults and overall disrespect is not something we want or allow on this forum. While you're certainly free to give your opinion on issues, do them in the right places and in a respectful and mature manner.

Please keep these in mind when making further posts. While everyone might not get along and people have differing ideas and desires for this game, we all need to be respectful of each other even in our disagreements.

2. Myth2

Myth2 Avatar

Thanks Mystic! ;)

3. Jadawin

Jadawin Avatar

I kind of like the decision. I can't afford xxx of $ or €, but I did not hesitate a second to support SotA as first responder. I didn't expect any special reward, because the game itself was reward enough, but being a Royal Founder sounds nice :)

4. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

5. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

6. Rotrap

Rotrap Avatar

So, do the Royal Founders get both sets of items and titles. In other words, are they a superset of founders? Or does each type of founder get one set of the items in their colours? Are the items tradeable?

7. enderandrew

Founders with houses get both choices of Founder and Benefactor houses. It may be that Royal Founders get their choice or color schemes.

8. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

It was mentioned elsewhere that Royal Founders will get both the classic Blue and the new Royal White.

9. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

They are no longer exclusive kickstarter rewards just a different colour.

10. enderandrew

Founder shields, cloaks, etc. were just reskins of other items to begin with.

And they are still exclusive to those people now as Royal Founder items.

Again, the sour grapes seems unjustified.

Mishri and Bodhbh Dearg like this.
  11. shrinkwrap

shrinkwrap Avatar

I really am enjoying all the nifty add-ons I'm seeing develop over the months. Thank you very much!

12. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

The grass will be greener on My side of the fence..... so long as I get that pot of Prosperity

Mordecai likes this.
  13. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

*joined may 28th*

I feel like an original backer, cause I chipped in as soon as I heard of it, before it went "viral".

I think we should use a backer progression curve to determine who is an "original" instead of an arbitrary date, some people didn't know about kickstarter and people only started advertising after it was done.

The last I had checked (not that long before mind you) about Lord Gariott news it was said that we were not to expect any game like this for a few years cause he was going to try to make a social game. So no I did not check kickstarter...

I feel its unfair and kinda cheated but I'm not really complaining. I just know that people were still on the edge of their seat and very happy with us pledging in when I joined and invited all my friends, we felt like original backers.

Now we feel we'll get the same as those who waited to see if it was popular enough before joining.

14. 3devious

3devious Avatar

Someone made you a founder, right? I hope so. The people who waited to see if it was popular enough will be those guys joining after 4/7. Even more so will be the folks joining in October. This project is still on the down low. There really isn't any budget for marketing other than depending on us to get the word out in exchange for referral rewards.
    The new folks will be paying more for the game, won't be getting all of the loot we're getting and they won't get the benefit of networking with folks like Joviex, Astrobia and Mishri. They might not help your career in the regular world but I think that your New Brittanian life will at least be more fun for it.
    I only listed 3 of the more active members but there are awesome people that really add to the game with assets, wiki's, RP communities and even a radio station! I hope you don't feel slighted by missing it by a week.

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Sir Ryan of Yew

Sir Ryan of Yew Avatar

True but it's a nice gesture. What's completely unnecessary is snarky comments.

Jatvardur likes this.
  16. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

At first read I read horses. Now I want a royal white founder horse, as well as a wierd blue one....

Burnden Park likes this.
  17. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Oh I know I'm privileged :)

Thanks 3devious, really appreciate :D

3devious likes this.
  18. Draco

Draco Avatar

Very nice indeed!

19. enderandrew

In the end, I'm glad this promotion helped bring more people into the fold.

The community will be larger, so New Britannia will be that much more alive.

And the extra funds make the game better for everyone.

Huzzah!

Olahorand, Lord Baldrith and Kaisa like this.
  20. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Im sorry but I still think the same, was a bad idead and a pretty bad situation for those who feel that was a broken promise. They could make promotions with any other bonuses. I personally bought an account for a friend and I didnt get any bonus (and no fix) so I didnt bought more accounts. But better not to think more in this...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.