Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Release 45 Post Early Draft: Feedback Please

Discussion in 'Release 45 QA Feedback Forum' started by DarkStarr, Aug 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Figured it out! I hadn't yet updated any of that text to this release/next release. Fixed now

Echondas likes this.
  2. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

I believe it's the DATE that's in error, not the release number.

Ha! Ninja'ed by Darkstarr!

3. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

@DarkStarr Instead of "Cotton from Scraps" I believe you mean "Spool of Cotton Thread from Scraps" ;)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    Pebbles likes this.
  4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

And probably the same for "Slightly increased fuel and scraps for Wood from Scraps." being "Timber from Scraps."

Pebbles likes this.
  5. Lace

Lace Avatar

6. Pebbles

Pebbles Avatar

Wow! Lots of great stuff coming!

(Never mind, I could not see the strike out text on my iPad. Nothing to see here!)

7. Boedy Arc

Boedy Arc Avatar

Killed my Practise Dummy...... :() by stacked rend easily.....have 91% avoid for 1 minute...with 2h.....hmmmm crazy changes.....

8. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

This raises a red flag for me, because you're asking players to either lower the security of their account or keep it lowered. Not sure that is wise to encourage, or what would be a better way to handle it if keeping 2FA is absolutely not an option. Security is a big deal, especially since it's for a service that isn't part of SotA.

Why wouldn't the words of power appear overhead? This will feel "off".

9. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

Possible that this is due to it being an 'initial pass', as well as a Beta version of the Discord GameBridge SDK.

10. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

@DarkStarr
    • Lord British Birthday Telethon Items:
    • /endlessclothtrick
    If it is the one I think it is then that is usually called a Silk Fountain or a Fountain of Silk when you buy magic tricks online.

Also since this world has magic and there isn't any in-game-item involved you might want to skip the "trick" part at the end which makes it harder to type in the chat window.
    The faster and more accurately we can type it the more likely we will use it.

So I think I would prefer
    /silkfountain
    over
    /endlessclothtrick
    and
    /flowerwand
    over
    /flowerwandtrick
    so might be the same with Richard.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
    Alley Oop likes this.
  11. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

• Lord British Birthday Telethon Items: We have completed all but one of the stretch goal rewards from the Lord British Birthday telethon! For everyone who is eligible the following items should appear in your bank for claiming in Release 45.
    Since you usually get questions on that maybe you want to add the part with the Account page here.

• Lord British Birthday Telethon Items: We have completed all but one of the stretch goal rewards from the Lord British Birthday telethon! For everyone who is eligible the following items should appear in your bank for claiming in Release 45. You can see if you are eligible in your Account page on the Special Rewards tab it says "Lord British Birthday Bash Telethon Rewards".

12. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

• “Private Property” Tooltip: Items that are owned by NPCs now have the “Private Property” tooltip
    The use of "the" makes it seem we should be familiar about what this is, maybe use "a" instead?
    • “Private Property” Tooltip: Items that are owned by NPCs now have a “Private Property” tooltip

13. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

• Autocomplete for /w: When you start typing a name following /w, pressing the TAB key will automatically finish the name for you if there is only one valid option. Names are valid if they are guild mates, connected socially, or have sent or received a tell within a single session.
    Order isn't as clear when it differs from the temporal order they are used in.
    I'm guessing that 'connected socially' means Friends, right?
    Might want to change that 'tell' to 'whisper' since that is how SotA interface and Player Instructions refer to it.
    Is "single session" the same as this session, or does it include the next to last session? If one this session then you might want to use 'current session' instead.

So maybe:
    • Autocomplete for /w: When you start typing /w followed by a name, then pressing the TAB key will automatically finish the name for you if there is only one valid option. This will work on names in your Guild, in your Friends list, and those that got a Whisper from you or sent one to you in the current session.

Also a feedback note that it might have been more ease of use if the trigger was the comma instead of the TAB? So typing
    /w darkst,
    would give me
    /w DarkStarr,

14. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

• R45 Lot Deed Raffle Tickets: This will be the 13th Lot Deed Raffle. As always, Raffle tickets can be purchased with in game gold. Each person can only win a single deed of each type (maximum of one place anywhere and one POT). The drawing and winners will be in R46.
    While keeping the first RX is a good idea since you above talk about two different drawings, I'd skip the Nth numbering and last RX+1 since it means you need to update those every release.
    Might want to add info about where raffles can be purchased. IIRC that is Decoration Merchants and Home Merchants?
    The 'only win a single deed' bit sounds like it is ever and forever, while looking at the drawings it seems that is only per drawing, so might want to clarify that.

How about:
    • R45 Lot Deed Raffle Tickets: As always, Raffle tickets can be purchased with in game gold from Decoration- and Home Merchants. Each person can only win a single deed of each type per drawing (maximum of one place anywhere and one POT). The drawing and announcement of winners will be in the week after next release.

15. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

• House and Furniture Fixes: Fixed various issues in homes and with furniture including places where decorations could not be placed, stairs that could not be climbed without jumping, furniture that can’t be used etc. The list includes:
    Nothing really, just a tad stilted. Then it is just a consistency OCD thing. where>that>that, could not>could not>can't.
    • House and Furniture Fixes: Fixed various issues with homes and furniture including places where decorations could not be placed, where stairs could not be climbed without jumping, where furniture could not be used, etc. The list includes:

16. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

If this is the same party hat from the contest, it was said they would be a recipe, not loot. It also appears in the list of recipes later in the document.

This should just be "Plate", not "Platemail". Platemail is actually a bastardization of "Plate-and-mail", where plate covered the mail body and mail segments were used to protect joints and other locations that were difficult to cover properly in plate. This would also match the Helmet types, which show "Universal, Plate, Chain..."

Additionally, will this distinction also show on patterns now? That is one of the major confusions with the pattern system, in that players don't always know what equipment they can use a pattern on. If so, I'd add a bullet for Patterns.

The Coffee Table is in title case, the Round end table is in sentence case, and the others are all lowercase. To be consistent, they should all be in title case.

Its great that we are getting more patterns, but it doesn't say where these can be obtained. Will these be added to booksellers, as loot, or via the Add-On Store?

Another item that was brought up previously is that looting does not show up in chat, so is not logged. I know a Jira was created at the same time as this one; was that added as well?

I agree, the chat window alone isn't enough. I'd prefer them to appear in chat bubbles.

17. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

In addition to the "Plate" note, above, these should be consistent with the naming of items in-game. Thus, it should be Long Bow instead of Longbow, Short Bow instead of Shortbow, and Shortsword instead of Short Sword. There is a comma after Longswords currently; not sure if you want to add an etc. or remove it.

LoneStranger likes this.
  18. DarkStarr

fixed

19. DarkStarr

fixed

20. DarkStarr

it's actually the mouth coil trick so that's a much better name and I like your suggestion to shorten the names so new names are:

/mouthcoil
    /flowerwand

Spoon and Barugon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.