Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Release 8 Hangout of the Avatar Questions and Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Release 8 Feedback' started by FireLotus, Jul 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Please can you advise what plans/thoughts do you have regarding implementing the stealthy rogue type of character, for example what kind of skills/features do you envision for them? Quite a few people would like to play one?

2. Floors

Floors Avatar

Please give us a definitive answer on when you're bringing traditional mages robes (complete with pull-backable cowl/hood) and traditional wizard hats into the game.

Assasin's Creed Style Robes

3. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Combos are an important part of the deck combat system. I believe that if I use the fully locked option, I don't get any combos. If I use a fully random dealt deck, I get combos. But will I get combos if I have a mixed deck, ie. some glyphs locked and some glyphs dealt? If so, will the combos be based only on the randomly dealt glyphs or could a locked glyph influence the triggering of a combo as well?

4. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Can we have a first person view while walking or running?

5. Crikey

Crikey Avatar

Lag is also a problem in Australia and, I assume, the Pacific. In UO we got an Oceanic server, this will not happen in SotA.

The lag becomes more noticeable in fights against big hitters such as a Lich.

Deciding to back-off from the Lich, to heal, with maybe 20-30% health - then suddenly you are dead, from a hit that arrived before you see any attack.

This is also a problem with PvP.

I have never seen any comments from Portalarium about minimising lag. I would like to know where their thinking is at, re addressing this problem?

6. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

An optional isometric view would be cool, too :)

7. Exodus2

Exodus2 Avatar

Will there be "diminishing returns" on control based skills that stun/root/knockdown? Diminishing returns refers to the probability of stunning/rooting/knocking down goes down depending on how many times you've done it to your target.

8. jschoice

jschoice Avatar

Will there be other options for healing other then spells, such as potions, bandages, and/or food? If so when can we expect it in game?

9. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

Hang in there, things should look a bit better after the optimizations are done. It may not eliminate lag but it should certainly help...

"Release 10 will be a polish release where you should see some big improvements. For release 9 we should have some design decision type improvements in to help with frame rate in OH and other high density cities. ... Things should be better for R9 and hopefully move you back into the 20-30fps range for R10." - https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...eedback-on-gameplay-for-r8.13362/#post-222989

10. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

I really love the Open party dungeons such as the Sewers or Graff Mines. I would love to see "Tiered Dungeons" in the future, much like in UO or DAOC where just because you can fight at the top does not mean you are strong enough for the bottom, you may have to return another day!

This leads me to ask: I notice there is a (TTL) Time To Live counter on some of these instances and we sometimes get the message that the "instance will close, do we want to move to the new one." As a Fan of "dungeon crawling" and just hanging out killing things, is this something that has to happen or is it triggered by completing a blocker somewhere in the dungeon? What happens if we move to the new instance, do we "Start over?".

11. Mitch [MGT]

Mitch [MGT] Avatar

Direct from Stretch Goal Store:

"Prior to meeting this stretch goal, players with boat houses (e.g. the Baron's Galleon) and the boat house decoration items below will only be able to use those items as houses or decorations. If this stretch goal is met, those houses and decorations will become functional boats that players can use to sail around the waterways of New Britannia. The world will become your ocean!"

You want movable boats, you have to buy into the stretch goal and encourage others to do the same.

12. crossbowsoda

crossbowsoda Avatar

Sorry - I haven't looked at *any* of the stretch goals. xD

Fixed my post! Thanks much.

13. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Has it been decided how respawning of monsters will be handled in the game yet? Will it work different in single player mode and open online mode? Will we be able to kill the boss dragon over and over again or will he stay dead once he is defeated? Will regular monsters in dungeons and other zones respawn over time or will we be able to clean dungeons of monsters once and for all?

14. DancingShade

DancingShade Avatar

Any chance of some concept art for the elven house in a hill available in the stretch goal store?

Loving the rapid release schedule by the way, well done on the development team for churning out so much content/system development on such a consistent schedule.

15. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

here my feedback

here another vid about melee combat​

first i thought combo skipping wtf , it was a bug in this game Aoc caused several chars to do way to much dmg in short time ,​

but if it would be a planned balanced feature i would like it , the feature to combine small melee combos 2-3 buttom ones without a cd after it, and reducing the cd itself on the combo a bit​

during the last hit of a combo that make dmg the characters mostly do a last ending animation turn arround or putting a sword back or whatever and have a small cd on next melee combo , but when you hitting the next combo while the last swing connecting which do dmg you skip the last animation (turn arround or putting a sword back or whatever) and immediatly start the next combo, so timing could be also a feature to make melee combos attractive and skillfull. without having an aiming baised system ala chivalery which would cause lag with housing everywhere, and 1 megaserver
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    so my questions will melee combat get improved ? will we get Melee Combos where we have to press buttoms ? loved the system in age of conan and it was the only one in my opinion that was fun , in an mmo which not use aiming baised melee attacks with hitboxes, i personally hate auto attacks and i expect they are a placeholder right ???
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

even when melle combat is not aiming based, i would like to see aiming baised magic skills
    because they are range attacks same like archery

that you fizzle when you are out of range of a target , you cant target someone with highest dmg spells over long range
    you cant target someone behind a bush .
    remove tab rarget system

make it like here (aiming for the fun)

i know a lot of players who woudnt even read further when the word "tab targeting" is falling
    on the other hand i still think most of the pve guys would still play the game without tab targeting when pve is fantastic.

isnt it horrible if you can´t hide if you fight 2 guys, and the mage can still target you with tab, even if you are behind a humkan wall and out of his view, if you encounter 4 mages you cant throw a smoke pot or make good movement to prevent to get targeted by all mages at once (that you have a chance to heal up (with pots , bandages ,smaller heals) instead being instant down)
    even if you just need to aim somehow in the enemys direction to get him in target it would be much better .

tab should only be there to highlight the char who you have in the taget with your mouse in a color or make him slightly more lightended up when you are unsure you will hit the right char when there are tons of players in your screen. when you doubletab highlighting modus will be permanent
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    so my question will tab targeting for spells being removed and made aiming based?? not mean swings i know they wont, because i think aiming based magery could be possible even with high ping , and would bring the game a lot

pvp need to make sense (who need randomless pvp in the woods) we need camps where when your faction can take controll over it (wood or ore depending if it is a woodcutter or miner camp) would spawn there in the chests (npcs farm it ) for the fation guys guarding it .

which pvper want to gather the whole day we want to duel, gamble and have some fun while guarding an area and getting materials aswell at the end of the day.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    will we get resorce camps we can take over and guard ??

16. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

another thing i noticed that a lot of animation work is going in crafting banch animations in my opinion the money should be saved for more important animations (or does the sota team have a lot of aaa + animators that everything can be wonderfully animated ???

i would rather see money spend on awesome animal animations
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    will we get an impoved hunting system ?? better animations maybe wind directions ?? so that animals could smell you when you walk with the wind and run away. or that different ai interact with other ai´s without a script (that the wolf attack a sheep wheen there is one)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gambling minigame

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    very important aspect for me and an important feature for all lag players is gambling
    i want to be able to play chess or Marels for some gold coins to test my opponents might
    will smth like this be implemented ????
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gore with a slider to turn it down when kids are at home (look voting 80 percent of people want gore) and if a game should be succesfull it need to be everywhere in the media, whats better than making it ultra violent (dragonage ,witchers finishing moves and a lot of other games people loved the violence

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    so will gore and some finishing moves be implemented and animated ??
    for me personally a reason to check out most weapons and change them from time to time to see different finishers
    (also a feature that could bring money to the itemshop with buying alternative finishing moves for weapons) also emoted could be but i think finishers would be much more popular
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

we want to be able to be evil (evil quests) i dont mean that we can kill the quest guy with auto attacks, i would love to have real conversations with some people with consequences. these dialogs in dragonage made you feel that you can play a really evil character (with a cutscene instead of killing him with melee or spells)

i personally miss a house of plessure where i can refil my health by having fun and that it can be player owned (5 percent of gambling wins and money from slave girl npcs go to the owner (some kind of guild tax u not recognize)

i personally would be happy if the game would go in my favorited direction at least in some points

ok housing i love aaa+ but where is an advanced gambling , already those 2 features could make me interested if they would be done in an advanced way . maybe the pokerstars community would go play sota who knows maybe this kind of stuff could make a nice endgame aswell
    but for sure combat remains the main thing people will search for when deciding to buy a game or not , at least the guys i know, who play it more for online instead of quests, but still enyoy pve aswell if there is interesting loot

17. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

maybe its just me but will we get i really not like the atmosphere in some areas , dungeons without torture rooms or corpses lying arround . towns without execution place . where are the heads on the poles

im really not a big fan of barking chests and the lich boss , the dungeaons really not look creapy , in ultima online it was done better
    is it planned to make some places a bit more scary (like dungeons) by adding atmospheric models and make the game a bit more for mature people ? i mean add torture places exectuion places , dead bodys

another problem i have seen on several internet sites people are worried about
    what about tons of players joining the game later and cant find a house spot ?? ultima had different shards so you could always find a spot for a small house

add smth like fellucia with housing everywhere and pvp everywhere or add an inn where every player can own a room with chests, instance baised , you enter that specific room you have the key for

18. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

here after my feedback and questions ,some more questions

where will the server be located (america, europe) or in between that everyone have a 80 ping instead of some people have 200 ping and the others 20 ping

this decission could make the difference if an advanced combat system could be developed for a 80- 150 ping instead a crappy one for 250+ ping
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

19. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

for me this is one of the most important questions

or what about running the sota servers on european server during prime european time and make a s3erver down and start running them on american servers to american primetime , both servers must be updated to the current state of excisting items and state of the last server savings before restart.

so mostly you could play without lag when you dont play at strange times for your timezone . or make events you are sure off there wont be lag if you keep a specific time for the event

20. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

why not make instances separate "non pvp flagged players", and "pvp flagged players" , they can only meet in town which is a save area to trade (armors crafted pve flagged guys cant be used for pvp only pve).

trammel was a bad decission in uo ,but it is much better then not having the option of open world pvp , there would also be twice the house spots avalible, different houses for the pvp zones. i mean i would like a house in a pvp zone

second problem what about solo open world pvp, when your friends are not online , when we are forced in small areas for pvp only ( a lot of groups will wait at the entrance not very enjoyable if you are solo) when we have pvp everywhere, every guild can live in a town and when u want truble you go there , and in the wilderness you can try it alone aswell or join a minigame like capture the flag where you cant loose your gear , that extremly rare alloys or whatever which would be to expencive for open world pvp could be used

i personally want freedom, even if we meet less players in pvp world i dont like a solution fitting both, because it end up pvp players are not interested anymore.

if they have the ability to live in there own world they may get interested again

matchmaking could be made so that,

pve and pvp flagged guys only meet in town

-that there are 2 instances for non pvp and for full loot pvp everywhere .
    -that these 2 zones have different housing spots depending if you are pvp flagged or non you will enter them.
    -that pve flagged players can trade in town with pvp flagged players but the materials they farmed (get tagged as pve only) so the armors crafted outz of them have only defencives vs mosters but not vs players
    -ore and materials out of the pve zones automaticly get flagged pve only
    to make sure the economy not get destoyed in pvp land
    - overmap view traveling is only avalible when you are pve flagged.
    -in pvp flagged world you would have to pay a lot of gold to use the ingame map area skipping, and mostly use a horse to travel or use moongates

when you load a map and stand near a moongate ,and you are protected in a small circle arround it , it would be better

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    will the innovative hex system be used to satisfy all , pvp players and pve players by letting them join different instances that people can have open world pvp ??
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.