Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Repair kits are currently punitive

Discussion in 'Release 14 Feedback' started by enderandrew, Jan 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darian

Darian Guest

have you checked what it takes ressources and costs to make them repair kits? 100 gold is tame as an price

2. Darian

Darian Guest

Well i tried, making repair kits does not yield better ones.
    It is cheaper to replace broken gear than fixing it, right now i only buy them because i make so much money from crystals that i do not bother, but given how much ressources you need to collet to make the repair kit it is less ressources to craft new gear!
    I do not see the point at all (repairing should be cheaper than making new, or you will never sell repair kits, who noone will bother making because they are for the crafter an moneysink > make instead gear and sell that, less hassel and work)

So.. right now repair kits are pretty useless for crafter and buyer

Moonshadow likes this.
  3. Etheom

Etheom Avatar

Agreed this needs some re-balancing

4. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

I think they should be done away with completely, you should have to go to a blacksmith or tailor to get your stuff repaired.

Lord Lonn, Morkul and Tahru like this.
  5. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I saw the price go up to 300g today. But I found elves were more than profitable enough to compensate. Some of them drop a 1,450g weapon. After wiping a couple elves camps, I walked away with over 6,000g.

Lord Lonn and Heradite like this.
  6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well we are going to have the blacksmith repair but in the meantime we are left with the expense and choices. I feel like the augmented iron plate lasted longer than my pledge gear. I did try to make
    a repair kit, collected resources for hours and barely any ore availble where I was looking anyway. So I got my resources together bought the recipe for $250 and set to work and hey it yielded
    one measley repair kit which is no help. It has been taking me about 6 to 8 of them to repair a plate chest piece, hmmm a little extreme I would say considering we are in pre alpha;)

7. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

yeah the resource gathering is really shabby at best at this point. I was told by people where to find lots of wood and I have checked several places and always the wood is gone. I have only found a few trees to chop that weren't part of random encounters.

Lord Lonn and Lord Baldrith like this.
  8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I've had good luck at kingsroad. They spawn back really fast. I have noticed or it seems to me
    that the harvest amount has been decreased drastically and that many recipes are calling for
    more. I rarely got more than 1 off trees:(

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  9. Heradite

Heradite Avatar

So I can say this:

1) Repair kits fix weapons up real nice and I largely only buy it to use it on them. I buy new armor suites need I need to.
    2) I have three skill points in Armor Preservation and 3 in Weapon Preservation.
    3) The 3 points in Weapon Preservation delay the durability loss enough for me to fight lots of battles without using a repair kit.
    4) The 3 points in Armor Preservation. I'd say...I've leveled up like 10 times since I've been using my current suit. Granted, this is helped by the fact that the wolves in South Ravenswood give out like a bajillion XP but I've still have had to fight countless beasts: kobolds, bears, wolves. I have yet to replace my suit. The lowest durability is my boots at 49. I only replaced my old suit since it was averaging in 30s (the current suit averages in the 70s) because I had kept using body slam (bad idea for now!) and I started using that suit before I invested points so therefore that seriously weakened it. It's in the bank now but I can, if I wanted to, use it a bit longer. I don't think this would be the case if I hadn't spent points.

I did replace my shield but I've been using that from level 1 to like...level 15 and that's without Shield Preservation skill working yet.

Now it's true that I spent points I could have been using on glyphs and other stuff but now that I've had some points Heavy Lifter, preservation skills, and deck skills...I'm investing heavily in glyphs and stats. And it's made leveling a lot easier.

tazntaylr and Tahru like this.
  10. Trina

Trina Avatar

Hoping this is a safe place to ask this. I noticed repair kits make it a luxury to wear gear because it degrades so fast now. I was looking for the NPC in Owl's Head that sold all kinds of armor sits but I cannot find him. Is he gone in R14? If so I might have to go get my hat in the free basement chest piece.

11. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Avatar

I thought it was pretty obvious repair kits were for special items. An iron long sword should NOT be repaired. Waste of money.

Fox Cunning likes this.
  12. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

I think tekkamansoul hit the nail on the head here. Repair kits are not worth it when you can easily find a duplicate replacement item.
    They are worthwhile for 'special items' you simply can't do without, which is why they are so expensive; you'll spend the money when it matters that much to you.

Repair kits will be very important to people as item affinity develops on their favorite gear at upper levels,
    but for lower levels it might not make sense to use the 'special gear' because you can't afford to keep it in good shape.

The fact that armor seems to break a little too quickly when no skill points are invested in armor durability,
    tells me that skill is actually meaningful and working properly.
    If people didn't feel the hurt of not having the skill, no one would bother investing in it.

If you want to be a stronger fighter, and have the edge over others in the early game,
    having to replace your gear more often sounds like a fair sacrifice to try and achieve that goal.

Choices. We can't have it all, it's all about the choices.

tekkamansoul and Tahru like this.
  13. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Ender the graff mines are better for uncut gems, the back room behind the breakable wall. if u want to avoid enemies, owls nest has 5-6 crystals also.

Lord Lonn and Fox Cunning like this.
  14. Fox Cunning

Fox Cunning Localization Team

He's still there as far as I know, just got moved to an adjacent building. Not sure if he still stocks augmented armour, but I presume he does.

15. Culann

Culann Avatar

Trina...He was moved next door to the right of his old spot near the fountain in Owl's Head.

tazntaylr likes this.
  16. Culann

Culann Avatar

Isaiah...When resources are scarce or creature spawns are camped out, I go to single player online...endless resources and no competition. It feels a bit strange at first, almost like cheating, but that's what it's there for.

Edit: Also, it runs better for folks with low bandwidth like myself.

Tahru and Lord Baldrith like this.
  17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Also you can get Bronze plate in a chest in blackblade pass reachable through the rift in Owlshead.
    I built myself some chests for my house and have a few in there if anyone needs anything to start. Let me know.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.