Request for PVP specific forum

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Greyfox, May 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

No serious screw it.......I came back to the forum because I was hopeful things were going to change......sadly there is no change. You can't even PvP in a PvP thread.

2. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

I need to make something clear as well. I'm not a PVPer in this game, CURRENTLY. The fight isn't fair currently as I'm unwilling to waste the time on a character to get wiped. Wait until a while after final wipe and watch a "real" pvp person in action.

I realize Shroud will never be a really good PVP experience, but the experience will be good enough to play around and virtually murder some who believe they are skilled.

Budner likes this.
  3. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

I feel dirty reading this thread. :oops: Even dirtier than usual.

Eina Stein and FrostII like this.
  4. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

5. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Something I appreciate.

6. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

All united against PvP and freedom of expression !

[​IMG]

7. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I'm one of the original Carebears, and wear the label proudly... from UO, when the term was coined.

I've no objection to PvP, and support and always have supported the inclusion of it in Shroud of the Avatar with the single, lone condition that I be able to opt out of it. I've even gone so far as to acquire a secondary account with a tax free Village Lot Deed so that I could build a PvP List Field in Dawn's Keep.

How am I "Against PvP?" Is simply not wishing to participate opposition?

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  8. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

...and this thread is becoming a good example of why a PVP forum is a bad idea.

In-game I have no problem with people being aggressive towards me. But here on the forums I'm trying to have a conversation with the development team and express my ideas.

Rufus D`Asperdi likes this.
  9. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Waaaarrrrrrrrrrrrr ! :D

One more thing, I will take a PvP server + Full Loot to bring please !

10. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Well what a great opportunity to resurrect my comment that I was moderated for........indeed my resurrection has been that fast I must be better than Jesus.

-------------------------

*sigh*

No they wont and a PvP server would be a white elephant because many people who PvP also like to spend time with people who dont.
    It amazes me that those who apparently love PvP are getting their knickers in a twist over someone being able to attack them.

Lets make it really really simple:

Scenario 1 (current flag system)
    You walk into a Town, run around about, purchase some regs and out of the blue someone attacks you. You attack back.

Scenario 2 (everywhere is PvP)
    You walk into a Town, run around about, purchase some regs and out of the blue someone attacks you. You attack back.

The point being is if you choose to PvP you should always be on your toes regardless. And you know what.......In UO, instigate the first hit in a town on someone who is not flagged for PvP (ie guild war/faction) and you get guard wacked and die! So seriously lets cut the bs about the flag system.

Might be better to concentrate efforts for improving meaning for PvP for PvPers rather than crying over what people who don't PvP can and cant do. Seriously you guys need to stop talking like precious little princesses.

-------------------------

sake888 and Net like this.
  11. Net

Net Avatar

Yeah, it is one of those topics... I still think people can stay respectful to each other even when thery are tlaking about religion, politics, their favorite team, or PvP.
    The rules are bit on the strict side, I do not remember anywhere else being talked down for putting Unicode characters in the forum title:) Though I was not talking in runic elsewhere much:D

I will do bit of generalization here. IN RP, you usually have consent of all participants involved, in PvP, that is usually not the case, not everyone wants to flag to be open to all kinds of abuse, the emotions then run high in the forums.

I disagree. I understand your point, but just because some (most?) PvP players are disrespectful to each other should they get their own forum? Will I be allowed to use runic in RP forums? Will the rules for any subforum be different, because different groups of players prefer different things?

Well, because insulting a player is quite different from killing a character, especially NPC one.

People are free to make third party forums and insult each other there freely. I do not think discussions full of people calling someone crybaby and trashtalking will make these forums a better place.

PS: I am all for Spam/trash forum cattegory to collect all the threads and posts breaking the rules for everyone to see without deleting them (as long as they break only forum rules and not laws). Should be hidden from new posts though.

Sir Frank and Jatvardur like this.
  12. Eina Stein

Eina Stein Avatar

[​IMG]
    Lets go kill some more wolves guys!! Its so much fun.

E n v y likes this.
  13. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

PvP is definitely worth it's own section, but if we keep that kind of discussion in here, we will frown upon allow defaming other types of players, such as calling them 'care bears'... cool?

14. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Were they? Interesting.

15. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

You mean like this forum that already exists? :)

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?forums/pvp.39/

Sir Frank likes this.
  16. redfish

redfish Avatar

Its role-playing a jerk, vs. being a jerk in real life.

17. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

We need to remember that these forums are a tool that the devs use to communicate directly with us in order to develop this game. The devs often read our discussions and this is one way they obtain the information they need in order to make decisions and base how those decisions are going to effect us. It's a lot harder for the devs to do their jobs, when they have to wade through bickering and several posts of us simply being disrespectful to each other just to find what direction they should go with this game. I'm all for a separate forum where we can be rude to each other without much moderation. . but I also think it's not in the best interest of the backers for the devs to provide that forum to us either when the resources and time to do that could be directed on something much more productive to the game.

18. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

good luck herding cats Berek, your going to need it

19. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

That forum already exists, it is called Stratics!!!

Jordizzle likes this.
  20. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Maybe he can borrow FiteLotus' hammer...

[​IMG]

Berek and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.