Requesting More Info About NPC Buildings Available For PoTs

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Solstar, Jun 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

I know you guys are neck deep in getting the templates ready, so thank you for that. I just needed to voice the concern that we are still in need of a more information regarding what benefits each of the NPC buildings available for PoTs provide. It would help in getting the submission form completed on time.

The vendor-type shops, such as Crafting, Fishing, Armor, Combat seem self-explanatory at first glace, but some explanation of the quality of gear/items provided, versus how much they will purchase from players would be helpful in making a decision.

Additionally, the less obvious options, such as Cemetary, Dragon Bones, Public Garden, are there any plans for those to provide a service to the towns and their members or are they just for decoration?

Thanks.

2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Information is always good , TY

mbomber likes this.
  3. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Good luck with that.

4. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

It's very likely that they will be no different that the same merchants everywhere else.. As such, there is no answer to this question yet. As for quality of items provided.. they will certainly draw from whatever player crafted items are out there available to all merchants of the same type. As ultimately ALL such items are meant to be player crafted. So that's what those vendors will have. Mostly player crafted of whatever quality those items were crafted at.

How much will vendors pay for items? As we don't know what the economy is going to be like right now there is no way to answer that at this time.

There has been talk of monuments that grant blessings but those specifics haven't been released.. but dragon bones and cemeteries COULD fall into that category. Public gardens on the other hand allow non-home owners to make use of agricultures skills.. so they can grown and harvest plants. No details on how they plan to implement it though. I think it will probably involve having to rent plots for X number of plants.

mbomber likes this.
  5. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

PaxLair has a cemetery... not created yet. We want to have crypts like Braemar cemetery. It has an NPC but does not do anything.

The Public Garden is bare dirt right now, I hope we can grow crops in it someday. It has a decorations vendor I believe.

That's all I know about those two.

It is hard to decide the vendors and buildings as there isn't a reference page for those things yet. We could create them on SotAWiki.net and then ask the Devs to correct our information (easier than them creating the information perhaps).

6. Andrew Rodrick

Andrew Rodrick Avatar

I too have found it quite tough to decide which NPC buildings to place due to lack of detail on what exactly they will provide past the very basic information. I'd like to know what in general each vendor will provide also and as you mention if the various specialty placements will provide any function past looking nice.

Big thumbs up from me for more information on these areas so we can all make an informed decision ;)

7. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

I submitted our POT submission form compendium to them about a month back for further clarification. Still no word. I am hoping they will help us out because there are still a lot of unknowns with the NPC buildings.

Hopefully, they will snip some time from their schedule to address this sooner, rather than later.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...o-pot-submission-form-dev-answered-faq.32609/

If anyone in this thread gets any info can you please update me so I can get the form updated? It would be much appreciated.

Jatvardur, mbomber, Winfield and 2 others like this.
  8. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I started a section for these, and added a few of the ones we've seen so far. I'll work on filling these in as we get more information.

http://sotawiki.net/sota/NPC_Building

mbomber, Winfield, Koldar and 2 others like this.
  9. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Where did the bell tower come from on the sotawiki page? This is the first I heard of it.

mbomber likes this.
  10. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

11. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

12. Xenar

Xenar Avatar

I'm wondering if the PoT vendors, and buildings will be changeable as time goes on.

1) new NPCs and buildings may become available.
    2) the nature of the PoT might change enough to change out some of the merchants, etc
    3) PoT owner change
    4) Merchants could change with the seasons.

I mean there should be lots of new content as the game progresses. Certainly your pre-release choices, made with little or no information, will not be set in stone for all eternity. While structural changes of the PoTs would require a lot of work, changing a building and NPC out should not be impossible. Of course, Changes to PoT terrain, NPCs, and buildings/monuments might be purchasable with gold, or token from the add on store?

mbomber likes this.
  13. Andrew Rodrick

Andrew Rodrick Avatar

I actually missed that also, thanks for drawing our attention to it!

mbomber and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  14. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Good point, I added a reference to that page to help everyone find it again.

15. David J Thompson

David J Thompson Avatar

This is of great interest to me also friends.

16. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

From here:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...s-update-scope-npc-buildings-icons-etc.23057/

Also note that a draft of a public garden exist in Ardoris, but that is probably far from what a POT would get.

mbomber likes this.
  17. David J Thompson

David J Thompson Avatar

I can envision a public garden growing well in a POT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.