Richard Garriott interview on WarCry

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smack, Nov 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deathblow

Deathblow Avatar

Dear, Lord British, I retract , my ill wit. {Edited}.

2. Ultima Codex

Ultima Codex Avatar

Having reviewed the recent moderation history, I observe that many of your recent posts were spam-like in tone, and/or needlessly confrontational of other forum members, even if said other members were speaking out against Richard Garriott. Your zeal to defend the man in no way excuses that you went about it in a disrespectful and provocative manner.

As such, I submit that there is no basis for making this demand, and advise you to let the matter go before it too becomes an occasion in which moderation actions must be performed.

Fireangel, Kilhwch, Devoid and 4 others like this.
  3. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

Boats...I wonder how many hundreds of 'real-life' dollars that's gonna cost???:oops:

licemeat likes this.
  4. rustypup

rustypup Avatar

I would contend that this was not a *definitive* answer to a reaasonable concern.

Taking the Diablo 3 fiasco into account, once the mechanism is there to plug real world currency against in-game, the inflation offset will immediately, and irrevocably, devalue any in-game currency to the point where you are *required* to spend real world currency in order to offset the imbalance.

I would have preferred some indication as to whether discussions were taking place over rental/property pricing controls. If the idea is to leave it to the free market, with inflows from actual $, then any assertion that similar elements of value can be acquired using the in-game variants is false.

We can expect to see a repeat from virtually every other MMO out there. The bulk of the "players' capable of acquiring the necessary bank rolls will be the botters/farmers/boxers. Who will then set about securing any future property expansions in order to monetize their investment.

As to the OP: Disturbing, yes. Worth getting bent out of shape over?.. No. It's too early and it's a game. We backed it without any guarantees. If I find I don't enjoy playing it, there's plenty of choice out there. :)

Devoid and BillRoy like this.
  5. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

They will provide a fully fun and exciting "offline"
    solo game for a one time purchase. And many just wan't that. That was always my understanding.

The other playable selective options will of course need to generate extra income like all MMO games.
    That i hope will be the case.
    Because without money no good new episodes,
    no income for our great dev team , no money for the founders of Portalarium and Board members and no money for marketing, food for breakfast, travel cost , update patches, customer care.

I may be a minority in this threat, but from the start it was clear for me that they did mean with "no extra cost for a full game" the offline option of the game only. This is basic common understanding and no i do not think they need to create a extra FAQ section to explain that.
    And i am anoid about judging every single word the dev teams say with "given fact".

We are all mainly seasoned players who spended enough money on all types of different subscriptions models.
    Acting now surprised that the other selective options will cost money i personally find strange and disturbing.

Like going to the movie, purchasing a ticket.
    Getting the promise to get a full movie with it.
    And then complaining that popcorn, cola and 3d are not included.

Gabriel Nightshadow and Koldar like this.
  6. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

7. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

Dark Souls is an exercise in reptition, not skill or challenge, something that really aggrevates my ADD. I had hoped games moved away from that model of "challenge" a long time ago.

I think this is a decent review: well it's not really a review, more of how to play through the begining of the game. But it explains how it isn't all that challenging once you know how to play it. The repition does remind me of Dragon Warrior 1... I recently replayed that and boy.. hours and hours of killing the same things... but I decided I want to play through the whole series again, I own them all.

BillRoy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.