Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Running and focus

Discussion in 'Release 14 Feedback' started by Satan Himself, Jan 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Now is anybody leveled up yet? Are we talking about having only 30 focus points or do some people have over 100 or more focus points? Soembody mentioned a mage running for a few seconds and not casting a spell, but my level 50+ mage in R13 could run for A LONG time before he got tired, and he could cast spells no problem.

So are these leveled up characters getting tired?

Tahru likes this.
  2. Noctiflora

Noctiflora Avatar

Oh great. I finally decided to come back and play this release, and this is what I'm going to find.

So is the objective here to make everyone walk around sedately unless they need to make a short dash, rather than jogging? Personally, I like to jog in a game (especially since I don't do it in RL, lol.) Honestly, if this is another "feature" that is being added intentionally to force everyone to walk rather than run, then that might just be the final item on my list along with the encumbrance (which I hope will be tweaked radically), and the random encounters which to my mind just add insult to injury when forced to use the map to get around.

I started out last year loving this game. My list of things I liked was vastly longer than my list of things I don't like. Since no game will ever be perfect, when I'm making up my mind about a game, generally if the "like" list is longer than the "don't like" list, then I will probably play the game unless there's something outrageously glaring that I just can't live with.

It's in "pre" alpha so I expect things to change and be tweaked, but it seems like every time I turn around, they're adding something or changing something in such a way that my "don't like" list is getting longer and longer, and my "like" list is getting shorter & shorter. And it's getting harder and harder for me to find anything I can make a positive post about any more, which is why I stayed away for so long. I'm beginning to regret coming back.

On the topic of running........sorry, but in my opinion, those who don't like other people running, instead of just concerning themselves with their own business, should really give it a break and stop to consider what their meddling and swaying the devs in irc and private chats is ultimately doing to the game with all these little things to make the game more and more tedious and a virtual RL. If all they want for this game is a niche crowd of brothers keepers who are always concerning themselves with how others play, then they're heading down the right track.

/endrant

I think it's time for a large margarita or 3. lol. Maybe this isn't a good release for me to come back for after all.

Lord Baldrith and Tahru like this.
  3. redfish

redfish Avatar

Noctiflora,

No worries, they haven't touched jogging and it works without penalty. The topic is about the double-tap sprinting.

4. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Margarita's are great, but most places put far too much sugar in them. I am a fan of like Patron because it is a nice sipper.

Cheers!

Lord Baldrith and Noctiflora like this.
  5. Noctiflora

Noctiflora Avatar

Glad to hear that. :) Guess I'll only need 2 margaritas then.

Lord Baldrith and Tahru like this.
  6. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

you could always make the third a celebration margarita.

Lord Baldrith, Tahru and Noctiflora like this.
  7. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Simply Limeade. Hornitos. Gran Marnier. Ice. Shake. Imbibe.

Noctiflora and Tahru like this.
  8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

lol again welcome back Noctiflora. Well with 2 others I just completed the tour guide. It was very fun but most locations were not easy at all. I'm loving the game, we will get there and work it all out.

Lord Baldrith, Noctiflora and Tahru like this.
  9. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Avatar

I... would not play this game.

10. Greymarch

Greymarch Avatar

Jogging vs Walking is one of those things you just have to do. I remember even back in the day wanting to play Quest for Glory (HeroQuest at the time) more realistically so set myself to only move at walking speed. I could only handle doing that for like 2 or 3 screens outside of towns.

There are many sacrifices from the body of immersion that must be made for an enjoyable gaming experience and jogging around is probably the first one.

Noctiflora and Tahru like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.