Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Running into people is aggravating!

Discussion in 'Release 25 Feedback Forum' started by Barugon, Dec 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

If we wanted real life, what are we doing in the game.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  2. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

What is that everyone is expecting from this game? I cannot even count the posts that discuss immersion and mechanics to resemble reality as close as possible. I think that this game is selling RP and an alternate reality based on the massive collection of material from the developers, the community and being in the game. Has everyone noticed the attention to details in the landscapes, wind and weather effects? One can feel like being there if they wanted to. This topic has everything to do with that. Don't get me wrong, I am not advocating, just stating my observations.

What is the selling point for you?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
    Ice Queen likes this.
  3. redfish

redfish Avatar

Yes, in U8, when you stepped into a spider or skellot, you'd squish them!

Wild rabbits shouldn't even let you get close enough to them to step on them. Probably watchers should have the same behavior -- scuttle back when you get really near.

Tahru likes this.
  4. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

I really dislike this, it's super annoying.

The selling point for me was nostalgia of my Ultima Online years.

Tahru likes this.
  5. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

In real life most people are heading somewhere with a purpose and generally attempting to avoid each other, not randomly walking backwards and forwards and paying no attention to people running right at them.

It would also be excellent for stopping certain alchemists wandering out of their shop when you're in the middle of a transaction.

Tahru and Themo Lock like this.
  6. John_Doe

John_Doe Avatar

They changed it from that? One of the game mechanics I consider to be broken is the weak collision detection which includes being able to walk through think like NPC's and MOB's. You can't have a game like this where people are able to ghost through NPC and MOB's it's not just immersion, it becomes an exploit and it's also an expectation of gamer today.

Moonshadow likes this.
  7. Fox Cunning

Fox Cunning Localization Team

Yes, but as Tahru correctly said that was "needed" to alleviate the lag caused by the collision detection system.
    However, it was my understanding at that time that it was just a temporary measure until they did some necessary optimisation. I must say it runs a bit better with each release, but I still hope the final game will have a proper collision system instead of this evil compromise.

And it's not about "simulating real life": it's about creating an enjoyable experience where I can feel like I am part of a fantasy world where people are not ghosts.

Tahru and Moonshadow like this.
  8. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

oh. collision. glad i read more than just the op.

ok.. i'm of two minds on this.

1. pvp. need collision. period. i want to 'bump' up against folks, not slow down... there are some real tactics one can use related to that.
    2. pve. don't really need it. it is annoying. slowing down around things pisses me off, especially when i'm running to get somewhere and a npc turns around and jumps in my path. can i slap them to get htem out of my way, at the very least?

for pve i don't even think any sort of collision is needed, including the slowing down bit. however, if you are flagged pvp, i wouldn't mind having collision turned on for npc's as well as pc's... guild warfare, town vs town warfare. shield walls. etc.

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  9. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Hello is this a good place to train ? YES, JUST JOIN THE WALL BUT DON'T EVER TAKE A STEP BACK WITHOUT WARNING ! :) lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.