Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

sigh ....

Discussion in 'Release 8 Feedback' started by Xi_, Jul 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

i was really looking forward to this release but now that its actually working i see it as a complete failure, when things did work they weren't fun. i couldn't even defend myself nor attack, it was pathetic. i hope things are improved because I was all excited about this game and everything I'd seen thus far but as is my interest in this game will be minimal.

I'll try again tomarrow maybe but i'm not getting my hopes up after todays experience.

Freeman likes this.
  2. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

if you're opponent is kicking your behind then he must be doing something right... good for him... :)

Khloec and Lord Trady of Blix like this.
  3. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

yeah, he enjoys the system, i dont, in fact i dont get the combat system or the approach.

Sir_Hemlock, ByTor [MGT] and Freeman like this.
  4. Akrondar

Akrondar Avatar

5. Kaisa

Kaisa Avatar

You just have to take time to get used to the system. This is a new system something we have not seen before in an mmo so you have to give yourself time to get used to it. Reading these forums and asking for help would be good too. But don't give up! :)

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  6. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Strangest thing about this alpha for PvP is that I haven't seen many people in game having constructive discussion. If I was losing lots, if want to know why and start asking questions to people who were doing well.

Earlier I hit somone for over 100 damage (wasn't fire bug).... I have no idea how I did it and I couldn't get replicate it.....they guy who took the damage screamed cheater and rage logged.

The solution isn't to give up, it's to work with the people you are fighting against.....this is a alpha test after all, it's for players to figure out the PvP system for strengths and weaknesses and how it can be I improved.....it's also for finding the bugs.

Jimmy Haffa and Gaelis like this.
  7. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

I fail to see how someone else's exploits are going to help sell me on a pvp system that will hold no interest to the users interested in pvp

as is this game will be smurfville for sure.

Joviex likes this.
  8. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

I to saw very little chivelry or community taking place,

Joviex likes this.
  9. Kaisa

Kaisa Avatar

Exactly combat is not going to be balanced at all at this point and this is a brand new combat system that will need loads of tweaks before it is ready for final release. People just need to be patient and keep trying and keep giving feedback while keeping in mind at this point there is going to be a lot of issues/problems.

10. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

True, my friend Kaisa.. everything in this game, including combat, is still in development stage and players need to be patient. However, if someone knows that they're not enjoying a certain direction then I feel they should speak out. When enough people have spoken out in the past, it has changed the direction of the game (eg- 2d map to the 3d map). So, let's be patient but not be silent with our criticism.

Caliya, Malchor1, docdoom77 and 2 others like this.
  11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Watch the mad hermit video on the home page under updates scroll down to the blue letters that say read more and click on it and of course this is alpha phase of this game so of course it's not a failure just operator error until you learn the system. Much more is coming and very hearty welcome to you Moonshadow. Hang in there. ***cheers to you***

12. Kaisa

Kaisa Avatar

Oh I agree I am not saying people should be silent. They should give feedback. I just don't think people should give up at this point. Both the negative and positive feedback will hopefully help shape this new system to something most can enjoy. I would say all but I realize that is probably something no mmo has actually accomplished. :p

ByTor [MGT] likes this.
  13. Carlin the Druid Archer

Carlin the Druid Archer Avatar

Hey sorry. That was me. I thought you had used the 1hit bug on me :) my ego was bruised. .. I should have stuck around to chat and figure it out. Humble apologies.

14. Akrondar

Akrondar Avatar

I have seen sometimes that when you enter a PVP area if you are weak, then you get ganked instantly by a party. If you show some skill, then the party invite you to hunt xD. I think it is normal to see this behavior when you enable PVP, i my self don like it but i cant see a way to avoid it. Maybe entering into a PvP area with a party would make the trick, or the game could select for me a instance only with people fighting each other to avoid party ganking.

15. 3devious

3devious Avatar

I am sorry for you. Today we completed a tournament that was pretty shaky in how it was organized but a whole guild provided security and another donated some players to help should anyone come to grief the contestants or the spectators.
    The guards that provided the security was more than ample as only a couple of people happened by that were persistent about causing problems. That guild also took over a boat on the PvP island and held it so that it could be a safe place in the PvP zone for people to go AFK or take a breather while they were rearranging their combat decks. I know most people hate global channels because of spam but there really isn't a good way to notify everyone that good things are happening. You would either have to be very involved with the forums (and I mean VERY attentive) or stalking the IRC channel.

I don't blame you at all, Moonshadow, we just need help getting events more widely published so that people like you don't miss out. We don't have a whole lot of resources to loop you in but I hope it will get better as things evolve. I know that it will take a lot of effort on your part but I really think it is worth it if you can check out Avatar's Radio, the Twitch TV channel or some of the community posts that are going up here.

I hope you get a chance to check some of this stuff out!

Gaelis, Moonshadow and majoria70 like this.
  16. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

perhaps i may give a little better feedback now that i have food in my belly ......

I play a lot of games, and not just video games either, as a result My experiences with deck building is quite versed. In every game that I've experienced, the deck building attracts alot of attention at first, its great fun, but then later, not so much, there staying power wains once the populace thouroghly learns the game and realises its stagnent approach, I shall use the game of Dominion as a prime example, i dont know anyone that plays it anymore. With that said, I feel that if things continue forward with this combat system, shroud of the avatar will inevitably suffer the same fate. or, at a minimum the game will be populated with no one but crafters.

Joviex likes this.
  17. 3devious

3devious Avatar

Drop by that PvP island I mentioned in the last post. Most people got invited to groups or left out of a pile on if they weren't being jerks about stuff. When I say being jerks about stuff, I mean killing AFK players and fighting dishonorably. If you go to the Brave Coast (I think that is what it's called) and you offer to help those guys defend the boat or look for people to learn the system with you might have a good experience.
    Keep the lines of communication open and if the people you meet aren't a bunch of bloodthirsty haters you can probably learn a lot and have some really good battles, too. At this point the key is to take it lightly while there are no consequences whatsoever.

majoria70 and Moonshadow like this.
  18. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

sounds like a great use for those town cryers hangin around town spawn points ......

19. Akrondar

Akrondar Avatar

Thanks for the advice, i am really enjoying combat and PvP. What i described only happened a few times. I have found very nice people playing ;)

majoria70 and Caska DiFumarate like this.
  20. 3devious

3devious Avatar

That is a great idea! If I could like this post a hundred times, I would!

majoria70 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.