Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

sigh ....

Discussion in 'Release 8 Feedback' started by Xi_, Jul 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exodus2

Exodus2 Avatar

2. Owain

Owain Avatar

The KGB is doing PvP testing this weekend, and so far, we have been very successful. We started out heavy in tanks, which was ok until a rival group rolled a large ranged party that could kite and nuke us. Today, we went with a combined arms approach, and were very successful. Cross healing is an important discipline to develop.

3. Espada

Espada Avatar

You rock bud. Hope to see you tonight again before the release expires.. Lets get together and do some duos if you are on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Caska DiFumarate likes this.
  4. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

I got an error today and can't even play, can't find my error log either, so someone else can do all that tech support, i ain't doing it for an experience that aint working for me.. Release 8 has been a complete bust, i have nothing positive to say about how i see the direction sota is going with there pvp. As is, Lord British can consider my donation a thank you for all the years of great gaming he gave me prior to the server split on uo, because this system will never hold my interest long term, its just to much of an emersion breaker and with such great pvp engines out such as demon soul i simply have more entertaining options.

5. 3devious

3devious Avatar

Things are down now that R8 is over. It will be back in a month with new improvements and more attention given to combat. Since you already paid, keep checking on us until release and probably periodically after that. It's almost getting to a point where it's a game now. It would be a shame if you didn't see it through.

6. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

I honestly don't feel like the concerns of minorities like myself are being heard.

7. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

How are you a minority?

8. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

most evryone else hear giving feed back seems to have really liked release 8, I know they cant make everyone happy but it doesnt change the side of the fence I'm on.

9. Sir Seir

Sir Seir Avatar

So you don't like the decks? You can always do the "Dallas Mode" or whatever they call it and have fixed skills with cooldowns.

I didn't get to play a lot, but really enjoyed building different decks and trying them out (mostly PvE in my case). It was fun that when I built a large deck, each battle was more and more unique. The variation in skills was fun to tinker with...

Next round, I'll give the Dallas Mode a try.

Khloec likes this.
  10. 3devious

3devious Avatar

Most of the reasons we had fun this weekend didn't always have anything to do with the software. I was about to make a smartass comment to Ristra why Moonshadow could be in the minority but it would have caused FireLotus to hit me so hard with the mod hammer that everyone in my family would have felt it.

Keep making suggestions and pointing out bugs the devs need to hear it. I keep asking for stuff and telling them when they're doing something stoopitâ„¢ I never want them to be able to say "We didn't know people felt like that." Ever.

Moonshadow likes this.
  11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Moonshadow, I'm sure it's difficult to be new. You aren't seeing things the same as people who have seen things from the start or for longer even to compare to. Also there will be some who don't want to play the deck and they are allowing for that. It doesn't mean anything bad if someone doesn't want to play that way, there are options. I do not believe there will be an announcement saying ooooh that player is playing Dallas mode. You should play how you like that's what this game will be about. Thanks for all your participation. I'm glad you are here.

For your login problems did you report a bug? If you click on forums and go down to bugs for R8 you can advise of your login issues there.

For those of us who have been here a while it is such a relief to have some features come into the game to test and actually play with that it is amazing to have gotten to that point. Before it was ok not much, characters were horrific to me yikes, much improved, but hoping for much more. I would say ok I've tested it and now I'm done some releases for me not even staying in at all. So finally some of the core systems will come in, more and more interactive features and more and more polish etc.. So please hang in there with us, I hear you, next time you will be a seasoned veteran;)

12. Exodus2

Exodus2 Avatar

Liking R8 is more about understanding the perspective of the release and what it was about. We are testing a game in a development period that is hardly ever if not never seen by players. The release game may look like a completely different monster. Most people played with people they enjoyed playing with, doing things they enjoyed doing, and found a lot of good game-breaking bugs in the process. I think we need to remember that the PvP and combat we witnessed this weekend was thrown together for us to have fun with in its current state. They could have kept it from us for a lot longer, but these Devs would rather us help mold the game into something special than force-feed us what they have internally determined to be good. They've exceeded a great majority of expectations and I think that's what's reflected in the positive posts and response they've received.

Kaisa and Caska DiFumarate like this.
  13. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

That does not make you a minority or unheard. You just have a dissenting opinion.

A well structured post goes a long way.

Kaisa likes this.
  14. Evermor

Evermor Avatar

Ultimately these testing events are Alpha, things are going to continue to change and evolve as we get closer to beta and eventually the release of the game. I find I have a very different play style than a lot of people, once I played around with key mapping and got my settings to a spot that was comfortable for me, I found game play much easier. I was nervous about the deck system at first and locked 4 of my 7 skills and it was ok, I decided I needed to give the system a fair test with a fully unlocked bar and I instantly fell in love with it. Combat actually felt dynamic, there was times that a skill came up when I needed it and times when I didn't get so lucky, both situations felt equally as rewarding to me. I love that feeling of being able to get a win when all things don't align in your favor, it is a rarity to find that in a game. I can see a system like this definitely not being for everyone, but I think it is really too early to completely give up on it.

15. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

I did submit my technical diffulties. :)

I've been horsing around with the previous releases but have held my opinions till now. I know myself well enough to know that if I don't enjoy this part of the game the rest won't matter, no matter how well thought out it is, what can I say, I am who I am lol. hopefully release 9 will treat me better ;)

majoria70 likes this.
  16. 3devious

3devious Avatar

I hope so too!

Moonshadow likes this.
  17. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

I'd say that if real time combat isn't intuitive, they should have an in-game tutorial eventually. Otherwise, they're going to get a lot of complaints like this. I'm not sure why they chose such non-intuitive combat for real time. That typically only exists in single player games.

Moonshadow likes this.
  18. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

The ones who are behind most ideas the dev team comes up with are going to be more vocal supporters. People who are frustrated often never post because they don't want to fight against the fanboys.

So don't assume you're in the minority.

Maka, wagram and Joviex like this.
  19. Floors

Floors Avatar

So, you didn't go do the welcome quest ? You didn't see the many plays that took place in Valemark ? You didn't zone to Lord British when he was discussing future direction of the game to an intimate crowd in the Lord Marshal house in Valemark ? Participate in Violation's tournament ? The Bear Tavern's tournament ? Go to the Bear Tavern ?

There is a lot of community in the game, and I understand why you might be frustrated, it took me a while too.

I suggest adding Lord British to your friends list and try to zone to him when he's online and see what's going on to see the community. Same for Darkstarr or Maxwell Jomito or any of the devs... you can even PvP Dallas if you want a morale boost :)

Also add me to your friends list and I would be happy to share some armor with you or go do some PvE together. Game is much more fun this way.

20. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

nope .... just logged in and attempted to test the game out. No way for a player like me to have known.

Freeman and Caliya like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.