So, now I want resting, too

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lord_Darkmoon, Jun 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

2. Julian Baskerville

Julian Baskerville Avatar

Aeh...actually it feels like you want to point my/our attaention at this new D&D product.

Thanks for that...as of what I can see this is a BaldursGate kind of remake with 2017/2018 grafics in the robes of the yet unused "pathfinder" franchise. Another D&D game...exactly what this world needed.
    ;)

3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I agree. I have wanted us to have resting ability for so long. I love the link you posted. Also there use to be a feature in FFXIV when it first launched where your character would lay down on the bed and pulled the covers up over him/her. Then they would go to sleep and if you were lucky they had dreams that meant something you had to pay attention to and replay, and also if you got even luckier when you logged in the next day you even might find something under your pillow. That was such a fantastic feature to see in that game. I think they did nerf it later though which was sad.

I have wished for a sleep system in Shroud of The Avatar from the start and kept getting no's on it and finally I got a yes Darkstarr, but who knows it could be just basic as with most things added in game at this time, but anyway FFXIV was one of those games that really took sleeping to another height.

Really there is so much to imagine and I would love to have camping as well that means something. At the very least I have been asking for resting bonus and xp bonus for camping/sleep when you log out and finally there was a yes answer at the last telethon, but imagine if it was way more ;)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    Zader, fakhart, Sir_Michael and 4 others like this.
  4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

It's a fine concept, but wouldn't want them to get to it before they finish what's currently unfinished.....
    Maybe something for Ep2..... ;)

5. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Laying in a bed before logging out could grant a buff when again login after a Minimum of 4hrs perhaps.

Campfire Resting in a scene could also buff some minutes like food buffs maybe.

Nice idea

Dean478, fakhart, amarious and 4 others like this.
  6. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Campfire Resting and Beds during log out... but not just laying down and then buff.
    [​IMG]

7. reuge

reuge Avatar

This would give the housing in sota more utility.

Dean478, fakhart, MrBlight and 6 others like this.
  8. Julian Baskerville

Julian Baskerville Avatar

While I can understand you..."camping" needs the feeling of "being out there" without a roof over your head, being exposed to the elements. A feeling we modern people miss...

...how can you bring that feeling into a world that used recall scrolls to warp you instantly from one side of the country to the other? Novia does a lot...yet it does not give me (speaking for me) the feeling of heading into a dangerous journey when I leave the town. Its just..."where is the recipe I need? In Ardoris...ok...Resolute to Ardoris...off I go" and 5 minutes later I am in Ardoris...

for camping to feel right...the world needs to feel way larger and way more dangerous...but thats imho.

9. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

Indeed resting would be interesting but I do not think the concept of this game will work in SotA.
    You are not leading a large group and even in single player offline you will be most likely commanding just in a very small group and this way task sharing during resting would be difficult. ;)

So resting would have to be different in SotA…as a first thought we could add a value “exhaustion”. The longer you are outside of a resting area the more this value is rising. Maybe there could be these three steps.

A – rested (0% to 49%)
    Everything is normal.

B – a bit tired (50% to 74%)
    Lowering experience gain by 5% as you are not able to keep on task.
    Fizzle and miss chances rise by 10%.
    Your avatar gives a yawn from time to time.

C – tired (75% to 100%)
    Lowering experience gain by 10% as you are not able to keep on task.
    Fizzle and miss chances rise by 25%.
    Your avatar gives a yawn from time to time.
    From time to time the display is getting dark as your avatar is sometimes failing to keep eyes open.

(If there are dislikes regarding lowering experience gain there could be also instead a rested buff with a similar effect with bonus experience…wouldn’t make a difference.)

Logout in the middle of nowhere and your avatar will most likely be in exhaustion status C on next login as the avatar had to stay focused to stay alive.
    Logout in a resting area and your avatar will most likely be in exhaustion status A as the avatar used the “free time” to outspan.

Additionally food or potions could lower the exhaustion value. (e.g. drinking tea = -12% exhaustion ; drinking coffee = -24% exhaustion)

Exhaustion is rising based on what you are doing. For example if your avatar is walking in a secure area like a town the exhaustion is rising by 1% each 30 minutes. Adventuring in PvE the exhaustion is rising by 1% each 10 minutes and adventuring in the trills of PvP the exhaustion is rising by 1% each 5 minutes. In this example you would need about 4h in PvP to reach exhaustion status B and a coffee would give you 2 more hours to adventure in pvp without getting sleepy …sounds fair.

Being in a resting area like your/your friend’s house or a tavern your exhaustion is fading over time…maybe 1% each 30 minutes and while sleeping in a bed 1% each 10 minutes.
    Maybe there are also some random events if you are logging out at a public campfire. E.g. there is a possibility of randomly “appearing” avatars that are sleeping at a campfire and that stealing is possible during this “appear”.
    Resting or sleeping at a strangers property might be even possible too but maybe with a possibility to be caught by the owner and gain some punishment like a loss of gold or items...maybe more or less similar to being looted in PvP.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  10. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Please implement @Chris

11. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

@Chris talked about this during the last telethon... They're going to implement it... Have some patience.

12. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

The Good thing about this game is - it will be awesome if they put in more of immersing features like this and i doubt they will not, but think that they will add more and more cool immersive fetures like this - where is the Barber Shop btw? :)

majoria70, Cordelayne and Time Lord like this.
  13. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

I once a long time ago made this suggestion:

14. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

Not just resting but also sex would be cool.

Time Lord likes this.
  15. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

wat?
    [​IMG]

16. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

You can find a NewYou shop in a few locations. Ardoris and Brittany both have one, I know.

Time Lord likes this.
  17. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Use of a local inn maybe for logging out morning buff? Pay the innkeeper? I don't use scroll travel because the world is "as you clearly point out", it's small :confused:
    I love this idea because it's also socially inviting and names it's host.
    ~Time Lord~

18. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

thats not the same :p

and yes i know it, i just want to say that features like these are cool ;)

where?
    that firedancer stuff? c'mon... please keep sexual things out of the game - it's strange, really o_O

Time Lord likes this.
  19. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

There's no reason that there should be any stigma surrounding intercourse. It's the reason we all exist in the first place, isn't it??

It's just as natural as sleep!

20. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

Stundorn and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.