Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Some suggestions for Battle of Solace bridge

Discussion in 'Release 31 Feedback Forum' started by Lord_Darkmoon, Jul 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

The area should be a bit more interesting with some hidden items or chests so that exploring the area is rewarding.

For example there could be a chest underneath the bridge next to the boat.
    On the small "beach" next to the second pool with the waterfalls there could be something hidden and in the area where the spiders normally are there could be something hidden, too.

This would make exploring the area much more interesting and rewarding.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  2. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

3. Carlin the Druid Archer

Carlin the Druid Archer Avatar

4. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I strongly disagree.
    We don't need something like that for Solace bridge only. We need it for all of Novia (yeah yeah and Hidden Vale ofc.) ^^

5. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Of Course :)

6. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

There are some rewards for going "off-path" but in general for tutorial scenes we have to concentrate the player down one particular route, as opposed to elsewhere in the game (where we actually have a mandate from Lord British to make hidden areas/points of interest in every scene).

7. Golem Dragon

Golem Dragon Avatar

it is also better that way as Tutorial scenes should be focused on allowing players to learn the main mechanics and gameplay elements and not be distracted by other outside things. This creates a far better new player experience in general. It also allows the content to be at its best in the Tutorial Scene because there is no distraction on other features.

4EverLost, Acred and Chatele like this.
  8. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

It's a scene players can't get back to without creating a new character, it's annoying to find out later on you've missed something you can now never get. In one of the earlier releases I spent hours running around Solace Bridge looking for Quncy's Broken Sword.

9. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

You can find Quincy's sword in Solace Bridge after the battle. It's in a chest not far from the Lunar Rift, iirc.

Can we make Kikasis' role more prominent in Solace Bridge? He's almost an afterthought, and doesn't contribute much. It's too easy to just skip him, but you get almost nothing for going to talk to him. A bit of elf background, but nothing else.

10. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

@Lum Is the Single Player Offline experience the same as the Multiplayer? I don't want to delete my Multiplayer character, and would prefer to use a Single Player character to see the new scene, and when I did, things seemed broken right from the start for me... but I am unsure if all npc and story changes are exactly the same in both worlds - multiplayer and offline modes...

11. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

I did it single player, my experience seems to match up to what others are reporting.

And here was me searching buildings and bodies...

Fister Magee likes this.
  12. Lum the Mad

Kiakis' appearance is Solace Bridge is a cameo for flavor/reward for exploration. He's not part of the Love quest.

13. Lum the Mad

Solace Bridge is, I believe, identical in Offline mode (and in fact is how I develop/test most content)

14. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Ok I wasn't sure, I was under the incorrect assumption the online and offline modes were somehow more separate than just avatar's and their progression... :) Thanks for the clarification! I will file some bug reports then, using the SPOffline.. ran into a few where the Arabella and the Child at Solace Bridge didn't allow me to enter a response in time before ignoring me).

edit: found my issue! :D https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-sorry-i-do-not-understand.53671/#post-585581 Now I can play this through.. i sort of rage-closed my game when the npc's were being finicky :D

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.