Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

SPECIALIZATION... IS... AWESOME!!!

Discussion in 'Release 51 Feedback Forum' started by Sara Dreygon, Feb 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

no. the person they are responding to is saying that having your specializations set to train or maintain takes xp from your kills even if not training.

I have not noticed this effect with 2 at 80.

the number you reference is chris saying that's how much it reduces your death decay for skills in your specialization tree/s.

*edit: I don't even remember how much I should be getting per kill since I rarely pay attention any more. is there a currentish list somewhere with xp values for creatures?

** edit: according to sotawiki I am getting the correct xp for hardened elf fighters in crags comparing it to listed values.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  2. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

let me get this straight. . .R51 has been out for just a few days now ..and people are already at lvl 120-200 specialization skill. . .. .like. .does this bother anyone but me?

Weins201 likes this.
  3. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

yup... the game begins when you break it...

4. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Level 200 is people messing with offline mode and in online mode would take like 300+ billion XP which will never be reached and shouldn't bother anyone.

My level 120 took 163 million hard fought XP which I got during hundreds of hours. I had this XP in other skills but cashed in to get blades specialization to 120 because I think that's cool albeit not very useful, gives minor increases from 100 to 120, and is thus not very smart. I wouldn't let my doing this bother you either as not very many other people with do this even in the next 2 years.

5. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

Did you reach 120 in online mode? It's not the amount of xp that I think is crazy, it's the time. . Release 51 only dropped a few days ago. Did you just train it non stop with no breaks at all for like 72 hours straight or something?

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  6. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Had a big pool so the rate it was raising at was extremely high. My pool was at about 180 million on R51 patch day and had the new Potion of Guidance active to help it level quickly. Each swing of a sword raised the skill by hundreds of thousands of XP so it took only a couple hours of killing things to get to 120. Even without the Guidance potion I'd still easily have reached 120 with the day off work and my pool so large. Got tactics specialization GM'd the following day for 24 million as my XP was running low.

Currently at 600k in my pool now but goals reached :).

CatherineRose, Dhanas, Nelzie and 5 others like this.
  7. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

Got ya, so if you have a larger pool, the skill raises faster. I guess i never realized that! Mucho gracias!!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    hroth, Nelzie, Cordelayne and 2 others like this.
  8. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Why do people get bothered by things like this, when it took this person hours and hours (DAYS) of grinding to get the pool into the hundreds of millions? This person worked really hard to get this to happen. It bothers ME when people get bent out of shape over someone else's hard work.

*edit* I see your last post, and that you did not understand a very important aspect of the mechanics of the game, but still... don't hate on people that work really hard to get somewhere. I don't even want to know how much time Sara spent on this. Crazy amounts of time.

CatherineRose and Barugon like this.
  9. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

It is simply not true. I have had two Specializations set to maintain, and both are in the 80's. Absolutely no issues with XP pool decreasing. I think we may be misunderstanding what the person is talking about somehow...

Barugon, nonaware and Sara Dreygon like this.
  10. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Interesting. I may have spoken too soon. There is a bug about the specializations that seems to have hit in the last patch. I chose to specialize in Life and Ranged. I'm not sure if I did something wrong, but when I have Life set to maintain, and Ranged to train, I see my Life automatically go to untrain the instant I fire an arrow. No matter what I do. I then set Life to train and Ranged to maintain, and I see Life instantly go to untrain if I cast a heal. This is very odd. It is almost the opposite of what that guy was saying. I can't play right now, because these will go down to zero really fast if I do.

Wow... If I have both set to maintain, and NO other specializations activated, I see them both go to untrain on their OWN, if I take any action. Even hitting something with a sword sets them to untrain automatically, and I am positive that I have no specializations set to train or maintain except these two I chose.

Has anyone else run into this?

majoria70 and nonaware like this.
  11. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

yeah same with ranged and light armor cant play atm cause of it. use any skill on my bar and it starts untraining one or the other lol.

12. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

ugh. This may be the single worst bug I have seen in the game yet. Going to check to make sure this has been reported...

FrostII and majoria70 like this.
  13. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Congratulations Sara ! ;)

Let me say that I have seen you - day after day, night after night - grinding those massive xp's required to take your Blade Specialization to 120.
    At the same time, I understand how newer Avatars simply can not comprehend how you got there (which is only natural), but I do - and I certainly do not resent you for it.

For those of you who do not know Sara or Mac and a few others, they worked very VERY hard to get where they are, and they did not cheat. They played the game as it was given to them, and they played it very well... and that's the sum of it.

I have seen nothing from these top 2 avatars both here in the forums and in our game, other than making themselves and their knowledge available to any who ask for their help or guidance.

I may find myself envious at times, but I don't begrudge them for doing no more or less than what I would/could have done to get to where they are.

Congratulations again, @Sara Dreygon for your totally bad-ass blades...

Oh, and if you ever slow down - I will catch you....... :p

**Edit** Unless the death penalty remains after launch, in which case - have fun without me.

Mhtic, Cordelayne, Aldo and 2 others like this.
  14. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

Okay... but what does this all dooooo?

I am considering Specializing in Blades, since it's my only GM skill and I am "fairly" quick with knocking down mobs with just blades... My Mastery is only at 66 for the moment.

Cordelayne likes this.
  15. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

16. dayero

dayero Avatar

can anyone tell me what the draw speed bonus on flurry is?

17. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

Don't come in here pushing a false narrative, I didn't hate on anyone. I asked a question because there was something I didn't understand, and in the spirit of the great community that this is. .I was respectfully presented with my answer, and I feel like I respectfully gave my appreciation for that. I didn't attack Sara personally or in any way did I attempt to discredit the effort she put into building her gigantic xp pool.. .So don't accuse me of hating on anyone.

For the record, I always understood that you needed XP in your pool in order to raise a skill. I just didn't understand that you could raise a skill at a faster rate over other people if your pool was larger than theirs. I understand that this is the way it is now. (I don't agree at all that it should be this way. .but that's my problem.) I'm sorry my lack of knowledge on the subject caused a problem for you.

FrostII likes this.
  18. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

I apologize, @Jordizzle . You're probably right in that you didn't really hate on Sara. It was sort of borderline, perhaps. I guess I am just seeing a kind of hate towards the super smart and powerful players a lot lately, and it really irks me. There are a TON of people on these forums that have a terrible and jealous attitude towards the top players, even though these top players do nothing but help and share their knowledge.

Sorry that I took that frustration out on you, man.

19. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

I understand where you're coming from, I really appreciate your apology, I totally accept it, and I'm sorry my post came across as borderline hateful. I didn't mean for it to in any way.

20. dayero

dayero Avatar

I'd like to chime in. In general, the fact that you can raise skills faster with a larger pool is not a bad feature. However, that speed increase it seems to be completely uncapped. With 100% unlearn it basically means that a very long time and/or hardcore player doesnt just has a very powerful char, he essentially has EVERY very powerful char, available within days. I think 100% unlearn und switching skills should stay available, for a moderate price in time and gold. But it should scale with level, meaning retraining a level 100 char should take considerably longer than retraining a level 50 char.

Also consider the implications on crafting. If you can switch fast you can basically pump everything into your currently relevant skill, bulk produce at the higher level and then switch skills to the next relevant skill in the pipe. I find that very odd in a rpg.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.