1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Storing and/or Moving a Decorated Lot or Basement via the Property Manager (aka Magic Movers)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Feb 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BurningToad

BurningToad Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Row lots being empty is not intended, and will be fixed in a patch. If you currently have an empty row lot, it will have a house built on it once the fix goes in. This might potentially leave you with decos that you can't access (due to them being under a house) without sending them to the bank.

2. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

If the house you are using on the original lot being packed/moved is the "default house" that you don't have a deed for, will you be able to use that default house elsewhere when you unpack it?

3. Rennik

Rennik Avatar

So... just for clarification:
    I have a fully decorated house on a Village Lot in Dawn's Keep. I store the house and all its contents via the Property Manager. Once stored, I then unclaim the current lot, claim a new lot somewhere else in DK, the use the Property Manager to place the fully decorated house?

I don't need to purchase another lot deed, correct?

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

correct!

Lained and Rennik like this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Just so you know, you don't need to unclaim your original lot. Go to the new lot you want to claim, double click the marker and when you get to the deeds window, select the deed that is currently used to claim the other lot. You'll get a window asking if you want to transfer your claim to this lot.

So, if you find a better spot in the same town, you can store your house, basement and all your decorations then transfer your claim and restore your house, basement and decorations without ever having to go back to your original lot.

:)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
    Rennik, Winfield, Numa and 1 other person like this.
  6. Rennik

Rennik Avatar

Awesome, that was my next question! LOL Thanks!

Barugon likes this.
  7. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I witnessed Rennik move his house last night.

It appeared to work flawlessly. :)

Barugon, Numa and Rennik like this.
  8. Rennik

Rennik Avatar

It did indeed! Everything inside and outside the house was exactly as it should be. As Rufus said at the time, "Magic Movers for the win!" :D

Thank again to Rufus for taking the time to meet me in town to do the lot transfer!

Barugon likes this.
  9. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Just FYI: In case this hasn't come to your mind. If you put the house with a player onto the magic mover for schnizzle and gigglez, it will behave as if you put the vendor back into your backpack. That means all the stuffs on the vendors will be sent to the bank of the people who list their items for sales on the vendor.

10. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Yes maybe.

11. Rennik

Rennik Avatar

So, just for clarification: If a player owns a lot with a decorated house in a PoT, and wants to move to another PoT, the Magic Movers system would not be viable. The player would have to store the entire house and and all of its contents in the back, reclaim the house deed, reclaim the lot deed, go to the new PoT, claim a lot, placed the house deed on that lot, and redecorate the house from scratch?

Also, if you use the Magic Movers to "Send to Bank" all your house contents, does this count against your bank item limit? Will it not do it if there isn't enough space in your bank?

12. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

this is only the first iteration. the plan is to be able to move stored houses between towns in the future, possibly for a fee.

13. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

Please tell me how to claim another lot just like the lot that is stored but in another area of the town and then put the stored house with decorations onto that lot.

14. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

Click on the window in the top right. You'll see Property Manager. Make sure you're in the zone and click on it to open the interface. From there, fine the lot you want to store. Click and drag it into an empty slot to store it and unclaim the lot. Run to the area you now want to live at and claim the lot. Using the same interface, find the lot you just claimed and drag the stored lot onto the newly claimed lot. A prompt will pop up asking if you're sure you want to restore the lot. Choose yes.

15. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

I must be doing something wrong. I get to the step of putting the stored house with decorations onto the newly claimed lot and nothing happens. :(

16. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

@Rosemourne thank you for your reply. I got all the way to the last step where I should be able to drag the stored lot onto the newly claimed lot but it does not respond. I may have a bug . I appreciate your help.

17. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Are the lots the same size?

18. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

@DarkStarr yes, they are both the same size, both for founder town lot and using to claim tax free founder water lot. I stored from one part of my town (Dragomir) and am trying to put the stored lot near the waterfall in my town (Dragomir).

19. Rennik

Rennik Avatar

Really hope that @DarkStarr and the dev team manage to squeeze into R40 using the Magic Movers service between PoTs... I have friends that might wish to join me in my hometown! ;-)

20. Astirian

Astirian Avatar

*Bumpitty bump bump!*

Hey does this work across different scenes now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.