1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Storing and/or Moving a Decorated Lot or Basement via the Property Manager (aka Magic Movers)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Feb 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Greetings Avatars,

As mentioned in the Release 39 Instructions we added a really powerful new feature to Player Housing where:
    "Players can now save a fully decorated lot or basement and reload it later onto that same lot or onto a different lot in that same scene (as long as that lot is the same size). Players will start with 5 slots and, in future releases, will be able to purchase more for Gold Crowns. In a future release, we will expand this feature to allow movement of a fully decorated lot/basement between separate scenes for an, as yet, undetermined cost."

We added detailed instructions for how to use this new feature in the Player Instructions document as well and those are reprinted in full here in this post.

Storing and/or Moving a Decorated Lot or Basement

You can use the Property Manager window to store a fully-decorated lot or basement and unpack it to either that same lot or another empty lot of the same size that you have claimed in that same scene.

You can access the Property Manager window from the Stained Glass menu icon, the Lot Deeds options menu, or from any lot sign in any scene. The left side of the window shows your available slots and their current storage status. Each player has 5 storage slots. The right side of the Property Manager window shows all of your claimed lots. Each lot includes the name of the deed used to claim the lot, the location of the lot, and the size of the lot. Each lot also has two slots: one for the primary contents of your lot (including the house), and one for the basement and its contents.

[​IMG]

Hovering over a slot will display a tooltip that includes an item count. If the number of items placed on a lot changes, click the “Refresh” option in the top-right of the Property Manager window to ensure the item count is up-to-date.

Packing the Contents of a Lot or Basement into Storage: To store the contents of a lot or basement, drag a the contents from one of the slots into any “(Empty Storage)” slot in the left side of the Property Manager window.

The storage is immediate and includes all decorations within that slot.

If you drag a storage icon to an occupied slot, you will simultaneously move your new lot into storage and unpack everything from the slot to your lot. You can also swap live and stored basements in the same way.

Unpacking a Stored Lot or Basement: To unpack a stored lot or basement, drag the stored item from a storage slot in the left side of the Property Manager window into an empty slot in the right side of the window.

A stored lot can only be unpacked on a lot that is in the same town in which the lot was originally stored. Also, the stored lot must be of the same size as the lot that it is being unpacked onto.

A stored basement can only be unpacked on a lot that is in the same town in which the basement was originally stored. Also, the stored basement cannot be larger than the lot that it is being unpacked onto.

Once unpacked, the contents of the unpacked lot or basement will become immediately available. Also, any decorations that were packed up with that lot or basement when it was stored will reappear in their original locations at the time that they were stored.

Note that you can only unpack one lot or basement every five minutes. An unpacking cooldown timer will appear at the top of your Property Manager window when you unpack a stored lot or basement.

Renaming a Lot or Basement within the Property Manager: Each lot and basement listed in your Property Manager window will have a default name, but you can rename them at any time. To rename a lot or basement, right-click on it’s icon in the Property Manager window, fill in the new name, and click “Submit.” You can also use the “Set to Default” option to rename the lot or basement to its default name. You can also rename stored lots and basements.

[​IMG]

Sending Stored Lots and Basements to Your Bank: You have the option to send all of the contents of a storage slot to your bank. To do so, right-click on a storage slot and select the “Send to Bank” option.

[​IMG]

Unclaiming a Lot: Unclaiming a lot does not move a lot or basement into a Property Manager storage slot. Rather, unclaiming a lot moves all associated items into your bank.

Storage Slots are Tied to Your Account: It’s important to note that Property Manager storage slots are connected to your game account and not to a specific character. This means that, for example, if you store a lot, delete your character, and create a new character, that new character will have immediate access to the lot that was placed into storage.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2017
  2. Sheamus McGuinness

Sheamus McGuinness Avatar

Party house indeed!

3. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

By blackthorns balls this is fantastic.

4. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

So if the Slots are stored to your account, what happens if a scene is deleted - like a POT removed or something and likewise if it's account bound why does it have to go back into the same scene?

And further do you have multiple slots in "each" housing scene? What happens if you have slots filled in two separate scenes, will they overwrite or bump each other? If separated by scene, what happens when you shift to a global system or if you can't have stuff in multiple separate scenes isn't it already a global system - why restrict movements between scenes.

Edit: Yeah, yeah work in progress - stop being picky.

V/R Brickbat

Hornpipe likes this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Can I rename my lot so that someone double clicking the lot marker will see the name I gave it or is this only for lots that have been stored?

[edit] Finally got home and was able to try this out. You can only rename a stored lot or basement. :(

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  6. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

@DarkStarr might it be possible in the future to use this storage system somehow to sell fully decorated housing/lots to other players?

7. Pebbles

Pebbles Avatar

Love, the love the whole Magic Moover thing but the ability to decorate a home and lot and then sell it would be pretty amazing!!!!

Hazard, Winfield, Hornpipe and 2 others like this.
  8. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Ive used it a few times already. absolutely great feature!!!

Hornpipe, Jonah Hayes and Lained like this.
  9. Numa

Numa Avatar

I have a single story row basement under a village lot. Can I use the magic mover to relocate that basement to a row lot in the same POT?

Hornpipe likes this.
  10. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Nice, I was not aware of the renaming feature! I hope we see this in our deeds UI soon when paying rent or unclaiming deeds :)

Edit - Saw your edit, I wanted to name and sort my claimed lots in my POT alas and saw also it was only the bank slots.

Edit2 @Barugon - SO, I was able to rename my claimed deeds in the property manager as well!

Right-click the picture and you can rename the claimed deeds :D :D :D

You can also abandon the lot by right-clicking the deed the house is sitting in, so this is lovely.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
    Winfield and Hornpipe like this.
  11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yes.

Hornpipe and Numa like this.
  12. Numa

Numa Avatar

Thanks to @Barugon for confirming this. I was able to transfer the 1-story Row basement from my village lot to a row lot. Just remember to transfer and position the basement hatch FIRST at the new location BEFORE shifting the row basement from storage via the Property Manager.

13. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

I used the Magic Mover on a Castle Lot and 5-story basement. Crossed my fingers, closed my eyes, pressed the button... and it worked! It went into storage, I put another house on the castle lot, added a little deco, stored it, then restored the original Castle and basement.

I believe lot permissions and deco permissions (kindred, private items/boxes) are not factored into this Magic Mover ... as it is only moving the deco/house/basement. It is not storing the lot permissions right?

So, if you store a house, then change all the permissions on the lot, then bring back the house, the new lot permissions prevail (not old house permissions). The same as if you restore a house on a different same-sized lot, then the new lot permissions prevail of course.

The only time lot permissions might be important is if we swap out the Community Warehouse (with 300 people as kindred on the lot), change the lot to the PVP fighting ring for the week (4 people kindred to run the event), then want to switch back to the Community Warehouse. That is probably a very low probability Use Case though.

I really like the Magic Mover, thanks!

Sean Silverfoot, jammaplaya and Numa like this.
  14. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Great questions about the permissions being stored or not @Winfield . That would be important to know especially for people who share a lot.

15. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

Cool!

16. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Per item permissions would be stored - so what level of permission can access which item stays constant when restoring the lot. But guest/kindred/trustee/etc. permissions are tied to the lot itself, not the house (at this time).

THAT SAID.

When we have per room permissions in place for renting I would expect that it allows different permission type set-ups that allow you to be more specific that whole-lot access, and I would expect THOSE permissions to be tied to the house. I think we may even have per item permissions (for things like chests) beyond "kindred" but actually tied to an avatar's name one day. You may have the tools for hot-swapping through a different set of rules at that point. Granted you're in a unique scenario atm and in general taking away the community warehouse for an event could be inconvenient to those who rely on it ;)

Winfield, Daxxe Diggler and Numa like this.
  17. Selene

Selene Avatar

Really great to see this feature in game. It'll be interesting to see how expensive it will be to move an entire house to a new scene when it is available in the future.

Now on to room rentals!!! I can't wait to see how that will change the housing landscape as well!

Numa likes this.
  18. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

Awesome feature.

I have a couple of questions:

- By using the Property Manager, lot owners can basically have a free bank extension, in the form of five full houses worth of deco of their largest available lot, right? If I have a Village Lot deed, I can store the equivalent of five village lot worth of deco in the PM without even touching bank limits. Is this the intended game mechanic?

- Yesterday I was fiddling with the PM and I manage to "store away" an empty row lot. Or better, a row lot with the default two-story house, which, for some reason is marked as empty. By storing that, I was able to actually empty the row lot, and what it was left was what many asked for row lots: a row-lot sized open air terrain. Again, is this behavior intended? It would be a super cool side effect/gift from devs.

19. Numa

Numa Avatar

And a stampede of players desperate to have such an empty row lot hits the servers :)

Wouldn't blame them, I'd do it too if I had a spare lot.

Retlaw and Barugon like this.
  20. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Interesting that you were able to get an empty row lot by doing this. Not sure if this was intended or not, but should be reported just in case.

Numa likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.