Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Taming Nerf

Discussion in 'Release 33 Feedback Forum' started by Loaffer, Aug 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

I used my pet about the same way. Yea, it was a Fer Red and could handle lots, but I didn't make it do all of the work. Currently working on a stealth build and playing around with that. So I would stealth close, but not too close to where they would un-stealth me, then summon pet, make it draw agro first, then pop out and surprise them with pointy sharp things. Also, making your pet do all the work loses you time to gain xp in the end =P

Purefalcon likes this.
  2. Jasper8282

Jasper8282 Avatar

I can only speak for myself obviously. I went into taming because I play pet classes in every single game where that is possible. My online gaming started with UO back in 97, where I was a mage first and used the summons. I then switched to taming and stuck with taming since 98 and to this day (yes it is still active). I started EQ after that and played a Necro. I then went to DAoC and played a Theurgist, then a Necro. I went onto WoW and played a Hunter. The theme is I play pet classes. I didn't play a pet class because it was the flavor of the month or it was over powered. That is my style in games. Even tabletop I play pet classes.

I am not expecting, not do I want, the taming tree to be overpowered. What I do want though is it to be competitive with other trees that have a similar amount of XP spent. That is all I ask for. Before it wasn't and now it isn't either. I know that, like Berek said, the pendulum will swing back and forth. If you read over my previous posts, none of them have been drastic with me saying "I quit" or "This game is terrible, I want money back" or the like. However, I bought into this game to play a tamer and only a tamer. Sure the system says I can be EVERYTHING. I don't want everything though. I just want a competitive taming profession.

I have often said that no game should ever have a single "I win button" like taming was. I don't want that. I want the game to be balanced. That means for all trees though, whether someone has 10 million XP into Shields or 10 million XP into Archery. They need to be balanced.

It was brought up before that it would be great if taming had commands as active abilities. I would absolutely LOVE it if this was possible. I prefer to play the master in the back, commanding my pet to do my bidding. It would feel more fleshed out that way. I wouldn't feel like I HAD to delve into other trees. Right now if I only wanted to be a tamer, I would have 4 buttons.... Tame pet, Summon pet, heal pet, and resurrect pet. Having commands like "Sic", or "Kill", or "Disable" and have them do special abilities that you train would be amazing.

3. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

I like this. Constructive? Cool, lets talk. Annoying and rude? Oh look, something that is somewhere else more important! :p Also, I was kind of curious as to the tame tree skill numbers myself, not to be one of those "get out of god mode" guys, but more so I can gauge where I need to be in taming. Either way, thanks for the work and tolerance with taming/taming threads! :D

4. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Aye, I don't get that, here are my R32 vs my R33 skills with pet health and focus

R32
    [​IMG]

R33 (Also this was the results for Red ferocious spider, Ferocious wolf spider, Large Red spider, they all 3 had the same health/focus)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
    Bayard, Fister Magee, Mykll and 4 others like this.
  5. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Until the patch comes out, let's find the next topic to "passionately" discuss, shall we?

6. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Ok, how bout fishing chairs with umbrellas while we fish? :)

7. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

I ONLY :) had a wolf one but it was tough, but people seem to think they were god mode, and for new players with no skills they were, but later on a bit if u didn't keep your eye on it would die. 2 good archers or a archer/mage combo on it and it went down fast. I later liked to just use my own tamed elder wolf to attack archers and keep them occupied while i took out the other one, it didn't kill them but kept them busy. That's what i want to use my pets for, a help and companion not a easy method of letting them do all the work

8. Kittik

Kittik Avatar

This is a good change. Taming was OP'd. Way OP'd!

9. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

What was op was newbies runing arround with f spiders and I think ull see everyone agrees.

However a 3x gm should not have thier pets 1 shotted.

Kittik, Mykll, Bow Vale and 3 others like this.
  10. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

I have a Ferocious Red (yea, I broke down and traded for one), a Ferocious Wolf Spider (guild taming event we do/did) and an Obsidian Wolf (I got this one all by myself!!!!:D). I actually liked the Obsidian Wolf and Ferocious Wolf Spider the best, not because of awesome murder stats, but because they look good. I was actually about to get an Artic Wolf and a Polar Bear, just because they is look nice. I'm more of a collector when it comes to pets and/or different looking ones that most people don't run around with. Like a chicken!! If I can get a chicken, and raise him to take on a spider or a wolf.....MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! >=D

11. Kayooka

Kayooka Avatar

I think so, too.
    My obsidian Wolf feels like corrupted.
    First he died. A resurrection with the Spell was not possible
    Then i logged in and out, becouse i thhought this is a new terrible Beta Bug
    The first joy of the Wolf quickly disappeared when I saw that had the cattle ur still 85 hitpoints
    Since has a chicken already more livepoints.
    Next, there were connection problems and other errors. Could not we make a rollback? It is not funny at the moment.

12. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

I feel for u, This was a known bug, being fixed now.
    I lost my first tamed elder wolf today in same way.

Kayooka likes this.
  13. jutman

jutman Avatar

To quote Joe Dirt....

Joe Dirt: So you're gonna tell me that you don't have no black cats, no Roman Candles, or screaming mimis?

Kicking Wing: No.

Joe Dirt: Oh come on, man. You got no lady fingers, fuzz buttles, snicker bombs, church burners, finger blasters, gut busters, zippity do das, or crap flappers?

Kicking Wing: No, I don't.

Joe Dirt: You're gonna stand there, ownin' a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistlin' bungholes, no spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser?

Kicking Wing: No... because snakes and sparklers are the only ones I like.

Joe Dirt: Well that might be your problem, it's not what you like, it's the consumer.

hints its not what you like its the consumer!!!! We the community being the consumer....

Mykll likes this.
  14. Kayooka

Kayooka Avatar

I liked my Obsidian Wolf. How about if you could give the beloved animals a grave marker?
    My inscription would read "Death by bug". With all the errors that still has the game maybe it would be black humor that could keep them alive there :p

Bow Vale likes this.
  15. ridicOne

ridicOne Avatar

This is just a personal vendetta but when I kickstarted it was solely based on the prospect of development kits. Those are gone. The next aspect was a solid singleplayer game. This one is still up for debate but with all the mmo mechanics, I don't think we'll see a real strong SP game. The last hope I had was for taming now unless some minds get changed, I personally don't have anything to look forward too anymore. I'm just one man, insignificant to the whole.

16. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Why not stop for a moment and think about the ramifications of your sentiment here. For everyone who wants taming to be the way it used to be, there was someone who felt inadequate because taming was overpowered. There are archers who believe they should be able to kill anything from range without it reaching them. There are mages who believe they should be able to unsummon your taming pet. Everyone wants to be awesome. But when everyone is awesome then nobody is.

Here is the secret behind successful video games. Consumer words are largely ignored. Consumer behavior drives action. This is not because developers do not respect their consumers. This is because the volume of ranting and raving on a forum is not an indication of the health of a game. How do you get Portalarium to realize there is a problem? They will see it when they realize that most tamers in their game have their taming skill set to Unlearn. Actions speak louder than words.

It has been stated that an issue was found and is being patched in. Why not give that a chance and come back after you see how it plays out?

Stahlknecht and Jasper8282 like this.
  17. Purefalcon

Purefalcon Avatar

You should consider the possiblity, that you are just talking about 1% of the people that used taming.
    Consider that some of those using taming, used it because they like the playstyle, just like others like the "knight in shining armor" or the "legolas" style or the barbarian 2-hand-axe/sword one etc.

not everyone is a min/maxer. I would never use that so OP spider, simply because im not fond of spiders :p
    I dont care if .. whatever i use .. is not as good as the best possibility.
    (and im sure, you will find alot of people with similar attitude)

Thanks Devs for bringing back the hope :)

Mykll and EtherBunny like this.
  18. jutman

jutman Avatar

well if you felt taming the way it use to be in R32 OP then adjust your playstyle. Don't play with tamers or utilize taming then. Now someone with no taming should have never been allowed to utilize the best pet in the game. That is why u needed tier summoning.. Would have fixed 99% of the problems.

Mykll, Purefalcon and EtherBunny like this.
  19. Jasper8282

Jasper8282 Avatar

Everyone please try to keep things civil....
    Resorting to bashing others will only get the thread locked. Most of us tamers are upset at the changes. They know this. Lets just give constructive feedback on how they can change/make things better using details. Not just "I want my pet to kill stuff good" or the like :)

Ice Queen and EtherBunny like this.
  20. Deiniak

Deiniak Avatar

You can raise Only Archery and be able to go trough 3 skull zone
    You have to raise 3 skill at high lvl to even go in a 3 skull zone with your pet

Mykll and jutman like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.