The New SoTA Solo/ PvE / PvP Slider - Check it out

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Duke Crachazz, Feb 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Owain

Owain Avatar

No one is saying no. Well that's not quite true. You are saying no a lot, but we are saying they need to test and verify the current approach before they scrap that and start chasing their tails on something else.

2. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

It's not negative, I have pointed out what it is that has been laid out by RG and it disagrees with your premise. You see it as negative only because you do not like it.

Disagreeing is not trolling

Joviex, vjek and Owain like this.
  3. Duke Crachazz

Duke Crachazz Avatar

Well hat is not what Ristra says, so you can not say "we", that might be what you mean, but other participants in this thread are not helpful at all.

Testing concepts is fine, that is what Beta is for hopefully, but if it doesn't work, they have lots of suggestions in this forum how they could make it work in other ways. So I still don't see why I shouldn't make my suggestions :)

4. Duke Crachazz

Duke Crachazz Avatar

I was refering to this post, yes that was trolling.

5. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Come on Rista. Are u clone account of rune_64 ? Im sure u are

6. Owain

Owain Avatar

Make all the suggestions you want, but you need to be a bit less brittle when everyone doesn't instantly embrace your idea . Throw it out there, and if the devs like it, they may use part of it. Don't expect feedback, because that is something they don't seem to do well.

Joviex likes this.
  7. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

No it's not, I am all for full loot if people what that. I do understand what has been said about item serialization so I know why they are not going with full loot.

Consensual PvP is one of the core promises from the Kickstarter. This will not be changed.

Joviex and vjek like this.
  8. Owain

Owain Avatar

It doesn't matter if Ristra like s your idea . It matters if RG likes your idea.

As it so happens, I agree with writers more than I agree with you, but so what? Keep pitching.

9. Duke Crachazz

Duke Crachazz Avatar

Where am I brittle? lol

I just explained my idea, and defended myself against some weird posts from Ristra basically telling me I make this post for non-consensual pvp only after 4 pages of talk about how this idea is to give everybody the gameplay they want.

But don't imagine me sitting in my shower, crying, rocking back and forth because of that ;)

10. Duke Crachazz

Duke Crachazz Avatar

Yes, thats why I say, don't change it, build on it, and ADD :)

(and on KS there was nothing indicating it will only be consensual btw... )

11. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

We need official information. Can Gods (and demi-god if need) Summon RG here plz. I prey

12. Owain

Owain Avatar

Accusing anyone who doesn't agree with you of trolling or just being negative fits the description.

Joviex likes this.
  13. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Collection of interviews about SotA pvp

You want a suggestion. Watch everything. Look up the rest that are not listed. Listen to what has been said. All this has been covered and what their fall backs are. RG actually has answers for everything going on in these forums as of late, seems everyone forgot or has never listened.

Joviex likes this.
  14. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

These discussions always assume all or nothing conditions. I want PvP. I really do. Even though I don't enjoy it and try to avoid it. I like the occasional feeling of risk when out in the wilderness. But the more that the game serves the PvPer the more there are - players whose main reason for playing is PvP, not crafting, not RP, not social. The result for me is that I no longer risk the occasional attack from another player, I have to plan on it and expect it. It turns me into a PvPer.

What I'd like to see is a way to control the number and frequency of encounters with PvPers. Instead of me having to choose all or none, I'd like to choose a likelihood; a 10 sided dice role, a 20 sided, whatever. I can venture out, be on the lookout, risk losing what I have, but not encounter PvP so often that I actually have to get good at it to merely venture into the wilderness.

15. Duke Crachazz

Duke Crachazz Avatar

that's the point, I was talking about this one post, dont see where I accuse anyone, immediately etc etc. I think you just made that up :)

no time for that, they must make official statements, on their website
    (would probably help a lot with the confusion that's been going on lately, if they wrote it in their news section, not expect people to go over 20+ hours video material)

16. Owain

Owain Avatar

No?

17. Owain

Owain Avatar

I imagined this I guess.

18. Duke Crachazz

Duke Crachazz Avatar

Good boy

19. Duke Crachazz

Duke Crachazz Avatar

most likely

20. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Then it's understandable why you are having issues with my posts. Listen to RG, and my stuff makes a lot more sense.

Joviex likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.